Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2010, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Err, yes you can.

So Woody would be ok with being kept on a lead for his entire life would he?
I'd like to think I can adapt to his needs if that was the case. In addition to everything else I do with him I would put him on a long line and allow him to be near the good stuff. But it would be hard because it's what he loves and I like to see, is it different for a dog who knows no different?

My parents have two happy healthy beagles, aged 10. For their whole life they have never been off lead and yet both are placid, well behaved, happy dogs who get a minimum of an hour on lead walking a day.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Have you read the thread?
I'm exclaiming/being sarcastic Hali
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2010, 08:34 PM
I also think you can have too much off lead!!!!I think in Some ways too much OFF lead , especially with MULTI dogs is Owner lazy, & dosent do much to improve your relationship & is almost addicitve to the dogs (can turn them into a free running Junkie-tons of adrenilin)-then they NEED to have a run.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I'm exclaiming/being sarcastic Hali
sorry Pidge - not always easy to spot when its written down!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
I also think you can have too much off lead!!!!I think in Some ways too much OFF lead , especially with MULTI dogs is Owner lazy, & dosent do much to improve your relationship & is almost addicitve to the dogs (can turn them into a free running Junkie-tons of adrenilin)-then they NEED to have a run.
Very much agree with this, Ramble said it earlier too.

Been guilty of it myself (but soon saw the errors of my ways ;o)
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
sorry Pidge - not always easy to spot when its written down!
No worries. I try not to use too much punctuation and emoticons as can't stand them, but sometimes it's necc' huh? ;o)
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2010, 08:39 PM
I'd like to think I can adapt to his needs if that was the case. In addition to everything else I do with him I would put him on a long line and allow him to be near the good stuff. But it would be hard because it's what he loves and I like to see, is it different for a dog who knows no different?

My parents have two happy healthy beagles, aged 10. For their whole life they have never been off lead and yet both are placid, well behaved, happy dogs who get a minimum of an hour on lead walking a day.
Well, I think its one thing saying it and one thing doing to be honest, Pidge. There is no denying that there are options for high energy dogs that cannot be let off the lead, but in my opinion none them are equal to free running. Not even close.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2010, 08:39 PM
No worries. I try not to use too much punctuation and emoticons as can't stand them, but sometimes it's necc' huh? ;o)
Does dogsey "need" over Punctuated Posts with to many to make a good thread!!!!!! Lol!!!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Agree with this also. There is definitely a balance in there.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Well, I think its one thing saying it and one thing doing to be honest, Pidge. There is no denying that there are options for high energy dogs that cannot be let off the lead, but in my opinion none them are equal to free running. Not even close.
So if, God forbid one of your two was injured and no longer able to go off lead, how would you cope?

Does dogsey "need" over Punctuated Posts with to many to make a good thread!!!!!! Lol!!!
Gah, stop it. Can't stand them, especially that Mr Green fellow.
Page 18 of 46 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 > Last »