View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Hallelujah was not a Jeff Buckley song, he recorded it as did many others including KD Lang, Rufus Wainwright, Anthony and The Johnsons etc but it was written and performed by the great Leonard Cohen.I hate it when they forget who actually wrote a song, they were referring to a Maria Carey song on the X Factor a couple of weeks ago, and it wasn't written by her it was written by Harry Nilson.But Hallelujah which is a fantastic song was definitely written by Cohen.I think Alexandra would do a lovely version, as would Diana but JLS or Eggnog[Love that by the way} noooooooooo, it would be so wrong.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
Hallelujah was not a Jeff Buckley song, he recorded it as did many others including KD Lang, Rufus Wainwright, Anthony and The Johnsons etc but it was written and performed by the great Leonard Cohen.I hate it when they forget who actually wrote a song, they were referring to a Maria Carey song on the X Factor a couple of weeks ago, and it wasn't written by her it was written by Harry Nilson.But Hallelujah which is a fantastic song was definitely written by Cohen.I think Alexandra would do a lovely version, as would Diana but JLS or Eggnog[Love that by the way} noooooooooo, it would be so wrong.
Sorry, I'm such a Philistine! I wasn't sure who the original artist was so went with the only one I know. Forgive me ;o)
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-12-2008, 01:20 PM
You are forgiven!! I assumed you meant the X Factor were referring to it as a Jeff Buckley song, they do that with songs a lot, they forget who wrote it and only remember who had a hit with it, although with Hallelujah so many people have sung it, sorry I'm a bit of an anorak when it comes to music I belong to a couple of guitar sites and play the guitar, although not as well as some of the professional musicians I know.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Right result tonight I think! sad for Eggnog but thats the nature of the competition.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2008, 10:04 PM
I thought she would go as she is more original and less commercial but gutted here....
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-12-2008, 10:09 PM
We're gutted too here, but if anyone watched the Xtra Factor, Cheryl got it exactly right. The indie-style market that she appeals to simply don't watch the X Factor, and if they do, it's just in passing, they don't vote.

There's no way Eggnog is better than her though. He's dull.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2008, 11:18 PM
I thought Diana sang her heart out tonight and I am sad she has gone.

Eggnog and JLS are nothing new.

Alexandra to win
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2008, 11:37 PM
long live leonard Cohen and his fans
Diana, so sorry she has gone.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2008, 11:52 PM
definetly want alexandra to win,

would like to see JLS and her in the final showdown.

Dont actually think Diana was that great - i think she sounded a bit shrieky at times, and the hands annoyed me !!
they needed to give her a song that suited her voice - like Cornflake girl, or Zombie or something.

anyway roll on next week !!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2008, 08:34 AM
I'm glad she's gone. I liked her style and originality, but I'm all about the vocal talents and that was never her.

Eggnog is abit of a wally but he CAN sing.

I thought it was interesting how Alexandra was louder than both backing singers and music, that for me is a sure sign of talent and a winner in my eyes everyone. Both Eggnog and Diana were being drowned out by theirs.

JLS have been much better over the past few weeks and last night was great, but Alexandra is clear cut for me.
Page 18 of 22 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »