Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
If you pay my petrol and dog minding fees and overnight accommodation I am up for it.

rune
Actually---even if you would I probably wouldn't TBH---I don't do killing things for pleasure and I don't really want to watch.

Sorry.

rune
Oh dear, and there's me thinking you posted this:

It is great to see them doing what they were designed to do.
Silly me for thinking otherwise!

Absolutely typical, and totally expected!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 09:02 AM
Due to our society having come a long way and not needing to kill for pleasure we can generally find substitute ways of enjoying watching the dogs work as they were designed to. Various trials and lots of scurries in the case of gundogs.

I have a good idea that had I just left the first post you would have said no anyway---however being honest I had to say that I really don't have the stomach to spend a day watching people rejoice in their dogs killing other animals. I have a feeling that whatever you hoped to prove would be overshadowed by the revulsion.

rune
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Due to our society having come a long way and not needing to kill for pleasure we can generally find substitute ways of enjoying watching the dogs work as they were designed to. Various trials and lots of scurries in the case of gundogs.

I have a good idea that had I just left the first post you would have said no anyway---however being honest I had to say that I really don't have the stomach to spend a day watching people rejoice in their dogs killing other animals. I have a feeling that whatever you hoped to prove would be overshadowed by the revulsion.

rune
Yeah, I believe you Lynn, course I do. Lets walk a beating line then, bring your Spaniel, give it all the commands you need, will be fun!

Its pathetic when you post crap, because thats what it is about being great to see a dog doing what it was designed for, then you moan about dogs not being fit for function, show dogs etc.. absolutely typical and ultimately hypocritical. I suggest you stick to teaching tricks and stay all pink and fluffy, leave the dogs that do a job to those who appreciate the dogs history, heritage and their abilities, and dont teach them to dance and perform in an attempt to make money from them! Pathetic.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
:

Oh I'm not bothered whether you agree, but the facts speak for themselves. The second pic does not show an ESS with moderate feathering, otherwise it would resemble the historical pictures of the breed. If the breed was meant to have that amount of feathering it would've done form the very beginning. Simple as that. Not an interpretation, fact.
:
As a matter of interest, how many other people in the show world agree with you on the coat being excessive!!

Taking your view on the pics of the historical forefathers of the breed being correct, then surely you will be aware that breeds have evolved by generations of views on what dictates their interpretation of "breed standard"!

If things stood still , then in my own breed we would see the White Boxer , followed by the Solid, as the correct type in the ring, instead of the "flashy" that we see today!!

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Rips implied that pointing was "rushing it" its the most natural and instinctive part of an HPR breed.
That pic is fab Dawn, I know from my friend who breeds Vizsla , that her pups will start showing "natural instinct" around 5/6 weeks when she puts them outside in the playpen (depending on the weather) they are showing signs of instinct, around 7 weeks old when she lets them play in her grounds (she has a big equestrian property , along with chickens and other, the pups instinct is in abundance... and you will see as the pic you posted, their natural instinct to point come to the surface.

Have to say, I love watching these little HPR puppies mature, their natural instinct is endearing to watch!!

The chickens are very good teachers for the pups to practice on
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

29-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Yeah, I believe you Lynn, course I do. Lets walk a beating line then, bring your Spaniel, give it all the commands you need, will be fun!

Its pathetic when you post crap, because thats what it is about being great to see a dog doing what it was designed for, then you moan about dogs not being fit for function, show dogs etc.. absolutely typical and ultimately hypocritical. I suggest you stick to teaching tricks and stay all pink and fluffy, leave the dogs that do a job to those who appreciate the dogs history, heritage and their abilities, and dont teach them to dance and perform in an attempt to make money from them! Pathetic.
Would have loved to give you reppies for that post , but it wont let me!!

Never a truer word said.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
As a matter of interest, how many other people in the show world agree with you on the coat being excessive!!

Taking your view on the pics of the historical forefathers of the breed being correct, then surely you will be aware that breeds have evolved by generations of views on what dictates their interpretation of "breed standard"!

If things stood still , then in my own breed we would see the White Boxer , followed by the Solid, as the correct type in the ring, instead of the "flashy" that we see today!!

That pic is fab Dawn, I know from my friend who breeds Vizsla , that her pups will start showing "natural instinct" around 5/6 weeks when she puts them outside in the playpen (depending on the weather) they are showing signs of instinct, around 7 weeks old when she lets them play in her grounds (she has a big equestrian property , along with chickens and other, the pups instinct is in abundance... and you will see as the pic you posted, their natural instinct to point come to the surface.

Have to say, I love watching these little HPR puppies mature, their natural instinct is endearing to watch!!

The chickens are very good teachers for the pups to practice on
oh yes, I know a chap that uses chickens with his pups (pointers) they are very good indeed. he watches them from about 5wks, for natural ability and instinct, at 7wks he takes them outside individually to see how they are when they see "game" that inbuilt instinct is superb.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Would have loved to give you reppies for that post , but it wont let me!!

Never a truer word said.
Thanks, just hate those people who see fit to post pictures of a terrified dog in a car with a "calming cap" on it, instead of thinking about the poor thing and NOT forcing to to travel in the car, let alone taking pictures of it and posting them on a forum! Then those that criticise breeders who they see as money makers, yet advertise their own dogs to do tricks and perform for people, just so very pathetic!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

29-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Thanks, just hate those people who see fit to post pictures of a terrified dog in a car with a "calming cap" on it, instead of thinking about the poor thing and NOT forcing to to travel in the car, let alone taking pictures of it and posting them on a forum! Then those that criticise breeders who they see as money makers, yet advertise their own dogs to do tricks and perform for people, just so very pathetic!
Whats one of those, I guess the clue is in the title, but thats a new one for me
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Whats one of those, I guess the clue is in the title, but thats a new one for me
A thing that covers a dogs face and eyes so it cant see where its going, supposed to make them calm, in Runes's words it makes HER journey "bearable" Poor dog, I feel so sorry for it.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

29-08-2010, 09:29 AM
oh yes, I know a chap that uses chickens with his pups (pointers) they are very good indeed. he watches them from about 5wks, for natural ability and instinct, at 7wks he takes them outside individually to see how they are when they see "game" that inbuilt instinct is superb.
Its amazing to watch their instinct kick in..

Mind, they always seem to leave the Cockerels alone for some reason
Page 18 of 35 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 > Last »