Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2008, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by KathyM View Post
If I was feeling particularly pedantic I'd point out the blatant hypocrisy in your two posts. I'll sit on me hands! LOL.

My attempt at ironic humour seems to have been wasted.... or did you miss the quote marks and emoticon? :smt002
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 12:00 AM
I don't think I'm making myself clear because it's obvious you're still not getting me. I completely agree that the disclaimer means nothing - it doesn't prevent anyone trying his methods. However, in the past when I have made that oint to pro CM people, they have said "More fool them for using the methods without professional help". Fair enough...until...

*Some* pro CM people that use the disclaimer in an argument to say that the dangers (which they acknowledge) of someone doing these things are ruled out by it, because you should only do it under the guidance of a professional. Then the same people (not under the guidance of a professional) say the same methods worked for them, showing they themselves ignored the disclaimer.

Am I making sense, because I'm really rubbish at trying to get my point across.

Ok yes, I can see your point. But you need to clarify who these people are for your point to be valid. Otherwise, it appears you are grouping all pro CM people together as one thinking body
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-01-2008, 08:03 AM
Not when I've said *some* - really that's just a leap on your part? Really I can't do more than that without being as tactful as I've been - I didn't post to be aggro (in fact I've posted several times that I'm trying really hard to post tactfully), I posted to see if anyone else had noticed it and what the answer is - you've answered saying you see my point, so I'm obviously on the nail somewhere!
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-01-2008, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by pod View Post
My attempt at ironic humour seems to have been wasted.... or did you miss the quote marks and emoticon? :smt002
Oh phew, I got that you were jokingly using the word "love", but I honestly thought you were serious about the pack leader stuff, which was what I was pointing out. I'll have to drink more coffee! Very good joke!
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 08:37 AM
I can't believe there has been 18 pages written about a fictional person!
The caesar dude that we see on telly (or any celebrity really) show and stick to showing the original idea of the show - to get extraordinary 'badly behaved' dogs and show a guy working magic to get them back to normal - something most people don't know how to do. Common sense comes into it, but so does a whole lot of understanding behaviour. The 'magic' part is the fact that on tv, it's not live, so we don't see what happens off the screen.

p.s. to whoever made the remark about the dogs ducking when CM comes near. Some dogs are very soft (collies for example) and if he is dealing with rescues (as I have) they duck not because of what you have done, but what others have done to them before - they see it as:
human = abuse (so I better duck outta the way)

I am not defending or condoning his methods, simply stating we don't know who the real CM is, what we see is his tv persona. If he wasn't a good actor, and didn't take instruction from the director, you can pretty much guarantee he wouldn't be on tv.
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Not when I've said *some* - really that's just a leap on your part? Really I can't do more than that without being as tactful as I've been - I didn't post to be aggro (in fact I've posted several times that I'm trying really hard to post tactfully), I posted to see if anyone else had noticed it and what the answer is - you've answered saying you see my point, so I'm obviously on the nail somewhere!

Unless you're implying that bajaluna is part of this "some," your making of this point in the context of quoting her posts, it is invalid.

There's obviously going to various opinions on the disclaimer clause.... and yes, even within the CM supporters. So you're read somewhere, that some people (presumably CM supporters) have made this double point. Nobody ever said (AFAIK) that all CM supporters agree on everything.

That doesn't make bajaluna's point flawed.
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Oh phew, I got that you were jokingly using the word "love", but I honestly thought you were serious about the pack leader stuff, which was what I was pointing out. I'll have to drink more coffee! Very good joke!

yes, I think we'll have to settle for that.

And so, with your new found knowledge..... do you still consider you're ever so tactful comment on "blatant hypocrisy" is still appropriate?
Callum
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by jess View Post
I can't believe there has been 18 pages written about a fictional person!
The caesar dude that we see on telly (or any celebrity really) show and stick to showing the original idea of the show - to get extraordinary 'badly behaved' dogs and show a guy working magic to get them back to normal - something most people don't know how to do. Common sense comes into it, but so does a whole lot of understanding behaviour. The 'magic' part is the fact that on tv, it's not live, so we don't see what happens off the screen.

p.s. to whoever made the remark about the dogs ducking when CM comes near. Some dogs are very soft (collies for example) and if he is dealing with rescues (as I have) they duck not because of what you have done, but what others have done to them before - they see it as:
human = abuse (so I better duck outta the way)

I am not defending or condoning his methods, simply stating we don't know who the real CM is, what we see is his tv persona. If he wasn't a good actor, and didn't take instruction from the director, you can pretty much guarantee he wouldn't be on tv.
A very valid point, and worth bearing in mind for those who are pro,anti or undecided. Its a fact that should be remembered when some people get so heated one way or the other
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-01-2008, 07:55 AM
yes, I think we'll have to settle for that.

And so, with your new found knowledge..... do you still consider you're ever so tactful comment on "blatant hypocrisy" is still appropriate?
I've learnt that the same people who post jokes don't necessarily take them?
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-01-2008, 07:56 AM
Unless you're implying that bajaluna is part of this "some," your making of this point in the context of quoting her posts, it is invalid.

*snip*

That doesn't make bajaluna's point flawed.
Noone said the point was flawed, and I quoted him/her because they replied to me and I was making it clear I was replying to them. Basic forum stuff!
Closed Thread
Page 18 of 70 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 68 > Last »