View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Alot of breeders will start shaving there pups faces at a young age if it be a crested, poodle, or the back end of a lowchen! By starting them young you are getting the dog use to the clippers noise and feeling, as yes lets be fair it isnt natrual for them.
Starting them young is a beneifit to them as they grow up having there faces done instead of one day at an older age having it done and thinking OMG whats that, if itys done a few times from an early age they get use to it!! leaving them till there older can make them stressed and could put them off it for life..
Ours have there first shave at between 6 and 7 weeks..
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Alot of breeders will start shaving there pups faces at a young age if it be a crested, poodle, or the back end of a lowchen! By starting them young you are getting the dog use to the clippers noise and feeling, as yes lets be fair it isnt natrual for them.
Starting them young is a beneifit to them as they grow up having there faces done instead of one day at an older age having it done and thinking OMG whats that, if itys done a few times from an early age they get use to it!! leaving them till there older can make them stressed and could put them off it for life..
One of my clients with a yorkie that he was planning to have clipped got the dog used to the noise and vibration of the clippers by using one of those hand held massage thingies. The pup came in for his first big boy clip last week and was brilliant!
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 04:24 PM
What a flipping shame shaving a dog at 6 weeks old. Disgraceful. Why don't you settle for a stuffed toy ?
gizooty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by aerolor View Post
What a flipping shame shaving a dog at 6 weeks old. Disgraceful. Why don't you settle for a stuffed toy ?
Can you stop being so rude...
why is it a SHAME??? or DISGRACEFUL??
honestly,, what give you the right to say that??

i only got one of mine from a pup, and i started shaving him at 12weeks i think.. it took us, 5mins. he wasnt upset, he just sat there, getting all the treats and getting told he was a good boy.. he now ENJOYS getting groomed..
so Please do have your Opinions but dont be so bloody rude.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Why is is disgraceful? Better to get them used to it from early on than to leave it till 6 months and it becomes a trauma for them. A six week old pup will accept it. Best not to wait for a fear period.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 05:09 PM
why is it disgraceful? daph will sit their wagging when the clippers come out. she enjoys being fussed and having one on one time with me and getting an extra good fuss.

and as for settling for a stuffed toy, i think i may become rather bored.... and a stuffed toy's hair doesnt grow back
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Thats your opinion..(quite a rude one) but hey il get over it.
I love my dogs and wouldnt do anything i thought to harm them, i wouldnt do anything to cause them pain or destress them.
I choose the breed i own as im passionate about them! I guess you would rather i leave them unshave and have there hair grow back into the skin causing pain??
Or maybe leave there hair to grow back into the eyes leaving them with eye infections again putting my dog in pain and making them uncomfy...what for because you dont agree! Maybe you should ask what can happen if there not shaved instead of jumping down my neck
and as for a stuffed toy! well i have plenty
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Thats your opinion..(quite a rude one) but hey il get over it.
I love my dogs and wouldnt do anything i thought to harm them, i wouldnt do anything to cause them pain or destress them.
I choose the bred i own as im passionate about them! I guess you would rather i leave them unshave and have there hair grow back into the skin causing pain??
Or maybe leave there hair to grow back into the eyes leaving them with eye infections again putting my dog in pain and making them uncomfy...what for because you dont agree! Maybe you should ask what can happen if there not shaved instead of jumping down my neck
and as for a stuffed toy! well i have plenty
throw some my way....
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Oops that will set them on you now! You and I are so rude yet the others can make comments we consider rude yet they are right and we are wrong... I give up with them because whatever I say it is wrong so please be careful...we who diagree with "them" are not allowed to give our opinion because we have to respect peoples views - they don't though...... how sad and narrowminded.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by AllyLambell View Post
Oops that will set them on you now! You and I are so rude yet the others can make comments we consider rude yet they are right and we are wrong... I give up with them because whatever I say it is wrong so please be careful...we who diagree with "them" are not allowed to give our opinion because we have to respect peoples views - they don't though...... how sad and narrowminded.
no one ever said you couldnt express your opnion. however its not necessary to jump down peoples throats and throw insults when people dont accept your view, and express their own.
Closed Thread
Page 18 of 31 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 > Last »