View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 11:13 PM
I don't really snack so not much help there. I have 2 squares of chocolate after dinner and occasionally have a bag of Quavers. That's about it.

If I'm being bad I have Baileys Profiteroles though To be honest, 175 calories per portion isn't too bad if you can stop at 1 portion and can spare the calories.

I had Burger King tonight with rushing Rupert to the vet. Bacon cheeseburger and fries and a chocolate coconut milkshake. Gonna have to get off my backside and walk tomorrow!
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Aww I hope he is okay!

I have various exercises planned for tomorrow, but as tomorrow is weigh day I am just going to have to suck it up and hope I haven't gained anything this week!

Baileys? Ergh, won't catch me having that!
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Apparently I lose 3lbs this week

Not totally convinced... but I stood on and off like 5 times (our scales change the number depending where you are standing ) and the number that came up most, means I lost 3lbs.

I may try again tomorrow just to get it in my head (don't remember the last time I have been this "light"...)

If it is right, that's 11lbs lost so far!
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Hi
Have read this thread before and
I know you have all been posting for ages-can I join too?

I have a few stone to lose-my son is getting married next November -(Im thrilled for him as he has had 2 long term relationships and now is engaged to someone who makes him so happy) and thats was the kick up the pants I needed.

I weighed and measured myself a few weeks ago-not a pretty sight and have lost 4 pounds up to now and a few inches

I filled the fridge with fruit and veg,have cut out butter-my downfall and alcohol -no comment!!!
I have non fat yoghurt which I dont particularly like-but flavour it with stewed apples,pears or plums,also make loads of sugar free jellies
I have nuts -not sugar coated -as a snack too

I have a Pilates machine at home which I enjoy and which really helps with posture-when I walk my dog after using the machine I automatically hold my stomach in and stand straight
There is also a cardio board which attaches so its like being on a trampoline only you are lying down
I bought it from one of the shopping channels Q.V.C and when I saw someone using the cardio board it looked DEAD easy-they said they did about half an hour
Well I did it the first time and it WASNT as easy as it looks
I only managed a couple of minutes,and felt like I needed oxygen!!!!but Im up to 5 minutes now and hope to get to more.

Its good to have other people to talk to who can offer you support and encouragement when you are feeling like its all not worth it and who can share their experiences

Im going now to have a take away up followed by 6 pieces of chocolate cake-only joking-its only 4 pieces as Im calorie counting!!!!

Good luck everybody
Maureen
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
I don't really snack so not much help there. I have 2 squares of chocolate after dinner and occasionally have a bag of Quavers. That's about it.

If I'm being bad I have Baileys Profiteroles though To be honest, 175 calories per portion isn't too bad if you can stop at 1 portion and can spare the calories.
stopping at one portion would be my downfall
I had Burger King tonight with rushing Rupert to the vet. Bacon cheeseburger and fries and a chocolate coconut milkshake. Gonna have to get off my backside and walk tomorrow!
hope Rupert's ok?
Originally Posted by kammi_sparky123 View Post
Apparently I lose 3lbs this week

Not totally convinced... but I stood on and off like 5 times (our scales change the number depending where you are standing ) and the number that came up most, means I lost 3lbs.

I may try again tomorrow just to get it in my head (don't remember the last time I have been this "light"...)

If it is right, that's 11lbs lost so far!
WELL DONE! thats great! I'd say 3 out of 5 must be right
Originally Posted by Ollies mum View Post
Hi
Have read this thread before and
I know you have all been posting for ages-can I join too?
I'd think so, they let me join
I have a few stone to lose-my son is getting married next November -(Im thrilled for him as he has had 2 long term relationships and now is engaged to someone who makes him so happy) and thats was the kick up the pants I needed.
congratulations
I weighed and measured myself a few weeks ago-not a pretty sight and have lost 4 pounds up to now and a few inches

I filled the fridge with fruit and veg,have cut out butter-my downfall and alcohol -no comment!!!
I have non fat yoghurt which I dont particularly like-but flavour it with stewed apples,pears or plums,also make loads of sugar free jellies
I have nuts -not sugar coated -as a snack too

I have a Pilates machine at home which I enjoy and which really helps with posture-when I walk my dog after using the machine I automatically hold my stomach in and stand straight
There is also a cardio board which attaches so its like being on a trampoline only you are lying down
I bought it from one of the shopping channels Q.V.C and when I saw someone using the cardio board it looked DEAD easy-they said they did about half an hour
Well I did it the first time and it WASNT as easy as it looks
I only managed a couple of minutes,and felt like I needed oxygen!!!!but Im up to 5 minutes now and hope to get to more.I have a pilates DVD, I should really start doing it

Its good to have other people to talk to who can offer you support and encouragement when you are feeling like its all not worth it and who can share their experiences
I agree with that too.
Im going now to have a take away up followed by 6 pieces of chocolate cake-only joking-its only 4 pieces as Im calorie counting!!!!

Good luck everybody
Maureen
Well so far I havent done as much walking as I should considering my take away last night, I will need to get into gear tonight!
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Hi Marureen, of course you can join us!

The whole point is for support and motivation!

You will get people on being negative, but just ignore them

I would love a pilates machine but have no space
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 02:26 PM
who is being negative Kammi?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
who is being negative Kammi?
Oh, I think if you look back you might see it.....only one person though I think(?)
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 02:35 PM
I havent read it all the way through...will do now!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Rupert's fine Dobermann, just an ear infection but getting to the vets is a hell of a rush since hubby doesn't get home till half 5, vets closes at half 6 and it's a half hour drive without traffic.

Of course you can join us Maureen, the more the merrier really
Page 18 of 29 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 > Last »