Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 01:18 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
As I have just said to patch, many children and adults have difficulties in understanding things, have learning difficulties and mental illness,
So every dog that has ever bitten a child only bit an abusive child that had mental disorders ???? Oh PLease

I tell you what, going back a few years ago, we were visiting my Mother and heard noises at the back/end of her back garden the day before bonfire night. When we (myself/Mother/OH) investigated 3 lads were at the end of her garden torturing a neighbours cat We knew all 3 kids that lived locally : 1 had just been moved up a year in my Son's school, as academically he was very bright and the other 2 were in the Local Scout group, strange thought that NONE of them had ANY mental disorders and ALL were very intelligent young kids (8/10/11) knowing RIGHT from WRONG !!!

BUT, tell that to the cat that they duct taped to a tree after shaving off it's fur and RAMMED a Rocket (firework) up it's privates LUCKILY for the cat, they never got the chance to light it, but I can bet you a pound to a penny, that cat would have attacked them and scratched them to bits trying to defend itself.

That Cat 'SURVIVED'.............luckily he wasn't taken to a Vet who holds your morals, or she would be DEAD !
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-06-2008, 01:18 AM
Right I'm going to bed as I've got to get up at 6 to take my lot for their walk.

Good night folks.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
I fully agree with you Patch. No dog is born bad, it is down to the way they have been looked after or not.
Unfortunately though rescues only have certain resources.
A rescue near me gave a rotti a year of assessment by experienced people (Mike Mullen being one of them). They deemed the dog was too aggressive to be rehomed. Rather than let it spend the rest of it's life in the kennel, it was PTS. I wouldn't say that this was wrong. Some dogs are just not rehomeable due to their aggression. While I agree dogs are not born bad. I think some dogs are pushed too far and something clicks that cannot be mended and no matter how hard one tries, they can never be turned.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 01:20 AM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
So every dog that has ever bitten a child only bit an abusive child that had mental disorders ???? Oh PLease
I tell you what, going back a few years ago, we were visiting my Mother and heard noises at the back/end of her back garden the day before bonfire night. When we (myself/Mother/OH) investigated 3 lads were at the end of her garden torturing a neighbours cat We knew all 3 kids that lived locally : 1 had just been moved up a year in my Son's school, as academically he was very bright and the other 2 were in the Local Scout group, strange thought that NONE of them had ANY mental disorders and ALL were very intelligent young kids (8/10/11) knowing RIGHT from WRONG !!!

BUT, tell that to the cat that they dut taped to a tree after shaving off it's fur and RAMMED a Rocket (firework) up it's privates LUCKILY for the cat, they never got the chance to light it, but I can bet you a pound to a penny, that cat would have attacked them and scratched them to bits trying to defend itself.

That Cat 'SURVIVED'.............luckily he wasn't taken to a Vet who holds your morals, or she would be DEAD !
Why are you so aggressive malady? You take things and add bits. I said "many" not "all" please read what I posted befor adding bits in your replies.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
Right I'm going to bed as I've got to get up at 6 to take my lot for their walk.

Good night folks.
Night Colin.
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
Bajaluna
Please refrain from calling me dumb as I am not the owner of a dog that mauled a child causing 50 stitches.
I didnt say I wasnt dumb
Funny how now you were mauled by a dog and spent a whole month in hospital, and how they broke in to your house and your locked bedroom but now they used the key, story keeps changing me thinks.
breaking in means entering without permission duh and waht so funny about a child being in hospital for a month make your mind up you like kids or what

Lottie it is unsulting to compare dogs killing livestock to a child IT APPALLED ME.A life is a Life

I know many people who cant have kids and who have lost kids and childs life must always come above an animals every time.
Once again for the ones that are duh, A life is a life
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Why are you so aggressive malady? You take things and add bits. I said "many" not "all" please read what I posted befor adding bits in your replies.
The aggressive smilies were clearly directed at the boys committing a hideous crime against a defenceless animal, so no need for the rolling eyes............. every else managed to see who the aggression was aimed at !

Edited to add : I never added anything to what you said, I simply replied to your post.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
The aggressive smilies were clearly directed at the boys committing a hideous crime against a defenceless animal, so no need for the rolling eyes............. every else managed to see who the aggression was aimed at !
Pardon? there is only me who had replied to your post, so how did you come to that conclusion?

You said
You clearly did NOT read what I had posted, I never said every child, did I?
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 01:32 AM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
Bajaluna states in her profile "My dogs are not trained at all "
Well maybe if they were this girl wouldnt be scared for life.
LOL talk about a drama queen who said the little girl is scared for her lifenow you are just trying to cause trouble where there is none to be caused.
This happened many years ago the little girl is all grown up has no problem with dogs or me
she didnt have horrific injuries as someone else suggested
she had one bite that required 50 stitches And my dog was never exposed to children again,he has since passed away
he was My first dog and I Knew nothing about dogs as the saying goes you live and learn my latest dogs all love kids, I dont train them they dont do any agility obedience or anything else they are my pets/children
so back up lady and read the thread properly before you post I think I might have had to tell you that before
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 01:35 AM
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post
LOL talk about a drama queen who said the little girl is scared for her lifenow you are just trying to cause trouble where there is none to be caused.
This happened many years ago the little girl is all grown up has no problem with dogs or me
she didnt have horrific injuries as someone else suggested
she had one bite that required 50 stitches And my dog was never exposed to children again,he has since passed away
he was My first dog and I Knew nothing about dogs as the saying goes you live and learn my latest dogs all love kids, I dont train them they dont do any agility obedience or anything else they are my pets/children
so back up lady and read the thread properly before you post I think I might have had to tell you that before
I missed where KCjack said that, but I agree with you here BJ, my dogs dont get any sort of formal training either, they are taught stay and leave, thats about it. They all are very fond of children too.
Closed Thread
Page 17 of 31 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 > Last »