Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
NO.

I'm pretty surprised at some of the people who have said yes....I really hope some of them have changed their mins in the last three years
People see what they want to see...which does often not go far beyond the excessively pearly whites methinks.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
OK you`re a troll. Unless you prove to me that you can wrestle a horse to the ground. You`ve been watching old westerns, love.
Ignore button.
They obviously have Fanabellas
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
OK you`re a troll. Unless you prove to me that you can wrestle a horse to the ground. You`ve been watching old westerns, love.
Ignore button.
No---Adam has brought her over from another forum LOL.

rune
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Not ever would that bully get within 10 metres of my dogs, (and any of his followers/fellow bully trainer types, or anyone who advocates the use of physical pain to "train")
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by dogdragoness View Post
Its like laying a horse down for the first time, there is a good amount of 'fight' in it as well & even if an expert natural horsemen is doing it it can seem cruel to the untrained eye because the horse fights so hard to relinquish control just like a dog does, the only difference is that a horse is A LOT bigger lol but the fundementials are the same.

The only thing that I disagree with what CM did is something that I do when I lay an animal down is that I make the laying down pleasent & when they WANT to get up I let them up, because I can always lay them down again & the next time is always easier because of that.
Then you are doing it wrong!!!!!!!!

It is called trust....... If you have to fight, be it a horse or dog.... then you aint got it right!!!!!!! YES I could lay my horse down just in case you think I dont now what I'm talking about and she didn't fight as it was done right!!!!

I can get all my dogs to lay on their sides, or backs with out a single fight!!! It's called TRUST!!!!

NO!!!!!! wouldn't let that "man" any where near any of my animals.
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Once the animal does it once (& I'm talking about animals that came to us with all kinds of problems, one horse was perticularly bad due to not having a good start & we knew he wasn't going to be an easy lay down no matter how much we worked with him & we had had him three months already.

Our OWN animals we can lay down NP I can lay my own dogs down anywhere on any surface, in fact if I touch Izze on a special plaxe on her body she will practically flop onto her side & go limp lol. I kind of make it a 'trick' when I teach it to my own.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Once the animal does it once (& I'm talking about animals that came to us with all kinds of problems, one horse was perticularly bad due to not having a good start & we knew he wasn't going to be an easy lay down no matter how much we worked with him & we had had him three months already.

Our OWN animals we can lay down NP I can lay my own dogs down anywhere on any surface, in fact if I touch Izze on a special plaxe on her body she will practically flop onto her side & go limp lol. I kind of make it a 'trick' when I teach it to my own.
Just for interest......why do you what to?

I am struggling to see the benefit of this exercise?

For example - my dogs are taught an automatic default down, (ie, if I am ignoring you, you lie down at my feet and I will give you attention - but there are no commands involved in this and no physical contact.)
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 03:11 PM
How old is this thread?

The answer is still a definite NO, not ever, never, ever,have not changed my mind about him.
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-02-2011, 03:16 PM
I'm a ranch hand, fiancee is a horse trainer, though he worked with a a person experienced at laying horses down for the first excersise.

Laying a horse down is kind of a trick excersise

With a dog it can serve a purpose like if they have a wound on their undercarriage that needs to be treated, its easier to clip their nails etc... it is also a trust excersise.

Ok I think I have hyjacked this thread enough lol no more talk about that. In relation to CM I would love to see his place & such, many ppl may hate him but his place is a dream (the new place he built recently)
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm a ranch hand, fiancee is a horse trainer, though he worked with a a person experienced at laying horses down for the first excersise.

Laying a horse down is kind of a trick excersise

Right - so no real need to 'force' it then?

With a dog it can serve a purpose like if they have a wound on their undercarriage that needs to be treated, its easier to clip their nails etc... it is also a trust excersise.

All of mine with Lie down on command and go over on their side, on command.....no forcing needed. I can do pretty much anything to my dogs....(not yet found something they will not allow) and we have been through some pretty rough times with some of them. Trust is earned...not forced.

Ok I think I have hyjacked this thread enough lol no more talk about that. In relation to CM I would love to see his place & such, many ppl may hate him but his place is a dream (the new place he built recently)
If I had that much money - I think I could build a pretty great facility as well.....I just don't like how he makes it.
Page 17 of 32 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 > Last »