Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2014, 08:50 PM
Aw thanks

Come on ladies (men welcome too) I think you should dig out your nurses outfits and all make our way down to help nurse poor Nippy Jenny .... maybe not, but I expect it might make Brian feel better
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2014, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
mmmm Maybe Nippy would prefer a Nice Yung Man as her nurse, or several Nice Yung Men, I'll start interviewing straight away
Steady now - her breathing is not quite the ticket is it, and you don't want to give her palpitations as well
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2014, 08:54 PM
*splutters and dribbles whisky and ginger down front

Jenny - I know that laughter is supposed to be the best medicine and all that, but all of us traipsing down to Nippyville in Nursey outfits (maybe Gordon could be a doctor ) could send them both into paroxysms from which they never recover.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-04-2014, 08:55 PM
Am I the only one in total ignorance of whats going on
Hi June, no you are not the only one 'tho I can make an educated guess. Time (or rather lack of) has meant I'm not logging in so much recently but I am saddened if someone nice has been forced to leave Dogsey whoever it is.

On a happier note I'm pleased that your incursion into the icy waters of the Irwell have not done you any long term harm, falling over is not nice at the best of times but going into the river is about the worst I can think of.

Have been meaning to ask you if you've seen anything of Merc Man recently and his 'development' by the bridge, is it finished is the bridge still being used are there any 'For Sale' signs up yet

I'm doing a last scan of the 'Daily Thread' now because I might not be logging in for a few weeks, I'm heading to Suffolk tomorrow and although I will have the internet wherever I am I may just be too tired in the evening
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2014, 08:57 PM
Hey HARVEY
Good to see you xx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2014, 08:58 PM
Hello Harvey - good to see you, albeit briefly!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-04-2014, 09:03 PM
Harvey, neither sight nor sign of Mercman. The flooding over winter will NOT have been good news for him due to the 'river frontage' where he has bought the land, because the river WAS high over winter, too high for me to go on for many months, and that is not normally the case at all, I've piccies of the girls on there on the ice and in the snow.
So I'm sure it will have had an impact on his plans for the land, when he was there it was during the very hot spell and the river was pretty low at the time, so he won't have even thought of what was going to happen over the winter, and apparently it could be a frequent occurence in the next few years.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2014, 09:10 PM
Poor Mercman He is probably ruing the day that he ever set eyes on that plot of land
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-04-2014, 09:21 PM
Serves him right, we've already got too many new developments and only 2 very small village schools one in this village and one in the next and one doctors and one road leading out, when they closed it to rebuild the bridge over the main road for 6 months it was a nightmare, the morning rush hour must be horrendous these days. When I moved here, you were up at the top of the hill by the lights in 5 minutes, it would be treble that now I expect, maybe more.
Local council promised no more new developments, and then he gets permission for those houses, and you can't live down here without a car, no buses on a Sunday, local service between 8am and 6pm and no trains on a Sunday and they run 7am to 6pm every hour. So if he builds 6 houses thats a possible 12 more cars in the village, plus maybe 12 children, and the road out of the village fits 2 cars side by side, not forgetting there's horses being ridden round and you have to give them right of way round here, plus tractors....I could go on.....
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-04-2014, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Hey HARVEY
Good to see you xx
Hi nice to see you, and to be remembered

Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Hello Harvey - good to see you, albeit briefly!
Hi Sally, yes I thought I would venture into the DAD club for a quick look around, sorry about the troubles you've been having, remember there is always the 'ignore' button

and apparently it could be a frequent occurence in the next few years.
Serves him right, sounds like he may be regreting the whole idea now.

To the two Jenny's and Helena and good old Gordon and any others in the club tonight, greetings and best wishes. I will keep in touch when I can.
Page 17 of 20 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >