Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by SallyG View Post
Those clipper rashes on her legs on the first set of photos look a bit sore to me, I know it will be the least of your worries, but try and keep her from licking them, as they can become infected.
Yeah i agree they are sore ,and now her neck is too , i have never ever seen her scared when she come out the vets ,and she cowered when she got home ?????
this is very disturbing as she never ever does this
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by spottydoggy View Post
Yeah i agree she cant take no more tests yet ,she is really very stressed out ,i hate this ,seeing her like this
I didnt think dogs could eat porrige ,lady has a wheat allergy ,does that have wheat in????
No - oats. I personally would be very reluctant to feed oats spotty. Poor darling, that neck looks so sore, please give her a big hug from me
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
No - oats. I personally would be very reluctant to feed oats spotty. Poor darling, that neck looks so sore, please give her a big hug from me
Ah are oats bad then for dogs ???
no way do i want to make her feel worse ,i dont undersatnd why she is soo scared at the moment ,maybe she just had enough of been injected and stressed out
SallyG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-03-2011, 09:21 PM
As someone has said Aloe Vera would be the best thing or vitamin E oil for those razor burns, but keeping them dry is a must.

As for her eating, have you tried her with a little scrambled egg and cheese? Pilchards or sardines go down well with convalescing dogs and cats, but if she isnt used to them they could upset her tummy which is the last thing you need.

Could you stay with her if she has to have more tests?
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by SallyG View Post
As someone has said Aloe Vera would be the best thing or vitamin E oil for those razor burns, but keeping them dry is a must.

As for her eating, have you tried her with a little scrambled egg and cheese? Pilchards or sardines go down well with convalescing dogs and cats, but if she isnt used to them they could upset her tummy which is the last thing you need.

Could you stay with her if she has to have more tests?

Hey thankyou .
she doesnt like eggs and she get bad poo with cheese
she uesd to have sardines but she started with urine problems a while ago and the vet said no more sardines .
I am still tying this morning to get her to eat something ,might have to see if i can get hold of some turkey or duck
She is still very stressed today ,
unfortunatly no i cant stay with her if she has any tests done ,fingers crossed she wont need anymore ,
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-03-2011, 11:24 AM
oh i feeling like i fighting a losing battle at the moment ,lady still wont eat ,i am trying to keep my spirits up but everytime i think we getting somewhere with her she gets another problem or needs more tests
her allergies are now playing up and she is sneezing and runny nose
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Oh deary me, what a time you're both having there Try her with something warm, the smell emitting from something warm usually works, like a bit of beef stock over the top of something yummy (I know she can't have the chicken). I can't think what to suggest apart from the scrambled egg, but then if she's still feeling sick (probably those ab's), then she just won't want to eat will she.

As for that cowering I suspect she got fed up of being manipulated for 8 hours yesterday for all those blood tests, and she's had enough now. Quite honestly, I would try and just leave her be, let her sleep, put the water by her bedside and just be around somewhere to keep an eye on her. Maybe leave a little bowl of something tasty near the water bowl and just see if it tempts her when she's left alone. I honestly don't know the answers to all this with your dear Lady, she really has got something nasty going on hasn't she and all that medication is enough to turn anyone's stomach. Poor, poor mite.

I don't think she needs any more tests surely? When will you get the result of the cushings one? All the best with her, I hope she just sleeps and gets it out of her system poor little love. Good luck with her Spotty.xxxx
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh deary me, what a time you're both having there Try her with something warm, the smell emitting from something warm usually works, like a bit of beef stock over the top of something yummy (I know she can't have the chicken). I can't think what to suggest apart from the scrambled egg, but then if she's still feeling sick (probably those ab's), then she just won't want to eat will she.

As for that cowering I suspect she got fed up of being manipulated for 8 hours yesterday for all those blood tests, and she's had enough now. Quite honestly, I would try and just leave her be, let her sleep, put the water by her bedside and just be around somewhere to keep an eye on her. Maybe leave a little bowl of something tasty near the water bowl and just see if it tempts her when she's left alone. I honestly don't know the answers to all this with your dear Lady, she really has got something nasty going on hasn't she and all that medication is enough to turn anyone's stomach. Poor, poor mite.

I don't think she needs any more tests surely? When will you get the result of the cushings one? All the best with her, I hope she just sleeps and gets it out of her system poor little love. Good luck with her Spotty.xxxx
Hey thanks soo much ,she has her bed in a quite place away from all the other dogs and she i still drinking way too much ,but all she wants to do is sit on my knee and cuddle .
i will post up her allergy test .
the meat she can have is turkey and duck but ,i cant seem to find turkey anywhere and the duck in our supermarket is full of herbs
am i allowed to tell you the medication she is on ??
I am hoping to hear from the vet today with the results ,but it could be tomorrow .
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Tesco do turkey drumsticks, and although it's a pain to fish out all the bones afterwards, it would make a really tempting meal if you boiled one in a saucepan for an hour or so, then feed it warm, not hot, but warm with some of the broth.

Don't know why she's drinking so much, you need to tell that to the vet.

Yes, you can post up the medication. All that medication is definitely going to irritate an already inflamed stomach and system, when there's nothing in it! She needs to eat something, especially on ab's.

Does your local supermarket do packs of cooked meat, say turkey??? Grab a packet of that if you can't find some turkey to cook. Good luck, you must be totally drained.xxx
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by spottydoggy View Post
Ah are oats bad then for dogs ???
no way do i want to make her feel worse ,i dont undersatnd why she is soo scared at the moment ,maybe she just had enough of been injected and stressed out
I personally believe that carbohydrate is bad for dogs, but grains that contain gluten, eg wheat, oats, rye and barley are IMO best avoided.

She sounds so needy at the moment spotty, I hope you are not exhausting yourself too much, poor her and poor you too. I really hope she starts to pick up very soon - bit hugs from me and the boys
Page 17 of 29 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 > Last »