Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
So, those who do watch soaps aren't intelligent?
Ah! Logic!
on the lines of:
I have a white dog. My dog barks
Ergo
All white dogs bark
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Im sorry the type of people who are influenced by a tv show thats not real are the type who will listen to the woman in the park, the bloke down the pub with regards to breeding.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Well, thank you for that. Just why are you thinking of "jacking it in" then. I'm confused

Also, I am interested on your thoughts on breeding. As you are probably aware, my Krystal had pups in December and so I am curious to know just how against breeding you are and the reasons for this

It's common knowledge on the Forum that you are totally against breeding but I'm not sure we all know the precise reasons why and exactly where you feel that breeding should stop if, indeed, you feel that breeding should be carried out at all. Like I said, I am confused

As for my remark about "throwing your toys out of the pram" - have to say your post regarding jacking it in, did kinda resemble a tantrum
Tantrum? Nah.

For the record, I'm not against breeding. I'm against breeding irresponsibly, and I'm sure you're aware of what that entails. Because, like everyone on here should be, I am against PFs and BYBs, does NOT mean I am against breeding responsibly.

With regards to the storyline which this thread is about (!), I think it's completely irreponsible as they're obviously showing it to be done for the money, and only for the money. Which, of course, isn't right and with the currents issues in the dog world at the moment, this storyline should never have appeared in Eastenders full stop.

Hope that clarifies things for you as I have to get back to work.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Im sorry the type of people who are influenced by a tv show thats not real are the type who will listen to the woman in the park, the bloke down the pub with regards to breeding.
No need to be sorry, Phil.

I just think that this current storyline may just be the deciding factor in some peoples influences on dog breeding, and I, personally, don't like the storyline as it is at the moment, unless they turn it around and make it 'responsible', thought somehow I doubt it.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Ah! Logic!
on the lines of:
I have a white dog. My dog barks
Ergo
All white dogs bark
Sorry, but I don't think I'm that stupid. Obviously some of you disagree.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-02-2009, 01:45 PM
No need to be sorry, Phil.

I just think that this current storyline may just be the deciding factor in some peoples influences on dog breeding, and I, personally, don't like the storyline as it is at the moment, unless they turn it around and make it 'responsible', thought somehow I doubt it.
But it could also put people off. Bloke down the pub say, thats a top dog want to put her with mine. Aye go on then.

Person with dog gets talking about tv like most people do the morning after a soap mention they might stud there dog, the person they are talking to might suggest its a bad idea.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
But it could also put people off. Bloke down the pub say, thats a top dog want to put her with mine. Aye go on then.

Person with dog gets talking about tv like most people do the morning after a soap mention they might stud there dog, the person they are talking to might suggest its a bad idea.
I hope it does put some poeple off, Phil, I really do, but there's a still a risk of folk wanting to breed their dogs after watching this programme. Good point, though, and I hope you're right!

I meet a person now and again at the local park who has a male Westie and always asks me do I want to breed her. Er, no.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:50 PM
If this were true, then all the dramas about rape murder incest abuse etc etc would make people do those. And all the programmes about saving the planet would make us all become eco-warriors. In life as well as art we are presented with a huge array of examples / influences and ideas and the individual makes up their own mind and is responsible for their own actions.
I suspect that, because of the nature of this programme, no good will come of the scheme. Let`s face it - when has anything on a Soap ended well?
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Tantrum? Nah.

For the record, I'm not against breeding. I'm against breeding irresponsibly, and I'm sure you're aware of what that entails. Because, like everyone on here should be, I am against PFs and BYBs, does NOT mean I am against breeding responsibly.

With regards to the storyline which this thread is about (!), I think it's completely irreponsible as they're obviously showing it to be done for the money, and only for the money. Which, of course, isn't right and with the currents issues in the dog world at the moment, this storyline should never have appeared in Eastenders full stop.

Hope that clarifies things for you as I have to get back to work.

Yes it has clarified things. It's just that, from some other threads you've commented on, I wasn't sure if you were protesting against breeding - fullstop! You do appear to have extreme views on breeding (from the way you have really got annoyed about the Eastenders storyline). At least now I know that you are not so extreme as to think breeding should only be carried out using dogs from the showring (don't know why I had that impression - my mistake perhaps ) at least I know you are not dissing the kind of breeding that I am concerned in.

To be totally honest though, I'm still not sure why you were thinking of "jacking it in" with the Forum. That still has me confused Still, it's your right to jack it in or whatever else. It's just good to let people know why you are feeling that way, if you display such feelings for all to see.

With regard your comment about the thread being about Eastenders (as if we were off topic) - the thread isn't about Eastenders alone is it. Or we would be discussing Peggy and her marriage to controlling Archie and so on . We are discussing the Eastenders storyline with regard to breeding irresponsibly, so I don't see we are too far off topic, if at all
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Yes it has clarified things. It's just that, from some other threads you've commented on, I wasn't sure if you were protesting against breeding - fullstop! You do appear to have extreme views on breeding (from the way you have really got annoyed about the Eastenders storyline). At least now I know that you are not so extreme as to think breeding should only be carried out using dogs from the showring (don't know why I had that impression - my mistake perhaps ) at least I know you are not dissing the kind of breeding that I am concerned in.

To be totally honest though, I'm still not sure why you were thinking of "jacking it in" with the Forum. That still has me confused Still, it's your right to jack it in or whatever else. It's just good to let people know why you are feeling that way, if you display such feelings for all to see.

With regard your comment about the thread being about Eastenders (as if we were off topic) - the thread isn't about Eastenders alone is it. Or we would be discussing Peggy and her marriage to controlling Archie and so on . We are discussing the Eastenders storyline with regard to breeding irresponsibly, so I don't see we are too far off topic, if at all
Pleased you understand now, CC. Though I really don't have to explain my personal feelings publically for all to see, you'll understand.

No, you're right with regards to the current storyline and discussing things related to it, such as types of breeding, but I don't want it turned in to a personal attack against me, or anyone else. So, please understand that.

Peggy and Archie. Pffft!
Page 17 of 19 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 >