View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2011, 12:23 PM
The vet has just called, told me Khal is awake (thank goodness) BUT they won't tell me anything else until I go collect him at 5:50pm

When I know more, I shall let you know xxxx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Bless him Really hope everything went well today.....

Thinking of you all xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2011, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by Rubster View Post
The vet has just called, told me Khal is awake (thank goodness) BUT they won't tell me anything else until I go collect him at 5:50pm

When I know more, I shall let you know xxxx
Awwww, that's good news, but I suspect the reason for this is the fact that the vet is still operating, but he gets the staff/nurses to ring the owners because he knows how worried they are, and he knows the rest can wait until he's finished!!! He wouldn't tell the nurses any other information apart from what you've been told.

Now stop worrying mrs. otherwise I'll be getting me slapping stick out at ya's!!!!!

It's all going to be good news when he gets round to seeing you or ringing you when you get back home with Khal, honest!
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Bless him Really hope everything went well today.....

Thinking of you all xx
Thankyou Lou xx

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Awwww, that's good news, but I suspect the reason for this is the fact that the vet is still operating, but he gets the staff/nurses to ring the owners because he knows how worried they are, and he knows the rest can wait until he's finished!!! He wouldn't tell the nurses any other information apart from what you've been told.

Now stop worrying mrs. otherwise I'll be getting me slapping stick out at ya's!!!!!

It's all going to be good news when he gets round to seeing you or ringing you when you get back home with Khal, honest!
Thanks Mrs B, please...step away from the slap stick now

Well my boyo is home, he is obviously very sore & crying an awful lot BUT am very pleased I made the decision to get it done.

The vet ended up having to remove the muscle from the top of his left leg as it was totally rotted, the right one was cut & tightened.

Khal is rather drowsy at the moment & hopefully will be for the rest of the night. He has to have 2, 5 minutes walks a day, no stairs, no jumping up, no running etc for the next 2 weeks at least, which really isn't alot different to what we've been doing anyways.

He has to go back in 10 days for his stitches out & we can expect the left wound to weep quite abit as obviously theres now a gap there so it will fill with fluids. They have put him on 800 mg of phenlybutazone a day & hes to be cage rested for majority of the day....in other words hes gonna spend most of his time lounging on the settee.

Thanks again guys for those Dogsey vibes....they've worked wonders, it will be a while before we know if the op has worked any or not, but at least it got rid of the muscle that was causing him pain & doing no good xxx

Huge licks from Khal xxxx
MadisonSale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-09-2011, 07:02 PM
that's great news fingers crossed that he heals well and quickly!

p.s. 100th post
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Wonderful news - onwards now to a full a pain free recovery.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2011, 07:20 PM
So pleased Khal is home with you, Bev.

Sounds like it's going to be a long and painful recovery, but with your bucket-loads of TLC, your wonderful lad will pull through.

Big love, hon xx
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2011, 07:36 PM
he couldnt be in better hands huggles fella xxxx
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Poor Khal, bless him.
He is in the best place with you, and he will have the best possible care from you too.

Take care, not much sleep for you tonight, and on the sofa methinks..xxxx
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-09-2011, 08:58 PM
So pleased he's home, and everything went well.
Here's to a quick recovery! Try and sleep...the worst is over.
Page 17 of 19 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 >