View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 07:20 AM
Hi Maybe if you went off and visted someone for a couple of days Your OH would look after him and his shyness with him may go,is there something natural you can put on kye so he is not eaten alive.My Afghan was nervous of men,and one of my friends used to come round and he would hide behind the settee,After seeing something either in a mag or TV,this friend used to be very expressive with his hands,so got this friend not to wave is hands about so much,after a while te dog and him became friends,sometimes it is the stupidest things that set them off glasses sticks and an old boy who liked to visit,used to wear bycycle clips and smoke a pipe,tried the pipe first no differance,it turned out to be the clips.Anyway it was nice to hear from you I was dreading that someting had happened to kye,Please keep in touch.Gemini54
morningglory
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
Hi Maybe if you went off and visted someone for a couple of days Your OH would look after him and his shyness with him may go,is there something natural you can put on kye so he is not eaten alive.My Afghan was nervous of men,and one of my friends used to come round and he would hide behind the settee,After seeing something either in a mag or TV,this friend used to be very expressive with his hands,so got this friend not to wave is hands about so much,after a while te dog and him became friends,sometimes it is the stupidest things that set them off glasses sticks and an old boy who liked to visit,used to wear bycycle clips and smoke a pipe,tried the pipe first no differance,it turned out to be the clips.Anyway it was nice to hear from you I was dreading that someting had happened to kye,Please keep in touch.Gemini54
I cannot leave for any length of time because Kye will go out side when my Hubby opens the door, put practically took the whole screen door with him. He cracked a piece of the frame of the screen door before my Hubby could completely open it. Then he would not come into the house until I came home. You could be right , that there might be something that is throwing Kye off. I told my Husband that he should raise his voice higher , wear a wig and a dress. You know , come to think of it,I was having my hair dyed and I had a plastic cap , and a apron like hair cloth on, Kye was afaid of me in that get up. Maybe I will look around and see what I can do with my Husband that might change Kyes outlook of him. Besides dressing him up as a woman.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2013, 07:00 AM
Hi Morning Glory
The Friend I was talking about did dress up as a woman, part of his act was,do you know Shirley Bassey,well that was who he did,but he never left the mannerisms on the stage and when he was talking these mannerisms still were with him,thinking about it I am surprised that the people he spoke to didnt all end up behind the settee,when he got excited in telling us something,it was a mixture of Dusty Springfield and Shirley Bassey Gemini54
Pysces
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2013, 10:12 AM
I missed this thread when it started, but have just sat and read all 17 pages.

Wow! You are an inspiration for what you've done for Kye. Long may he progress under your love and care.
morningglory
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by Pysces View Post
I missed this thread when it started, but have just sat and read all 17 pages.

Wow! You are an inspiration for what you've done for Kye. Long may he progress under your love and care.
Thank you for the compliment , and words of encouragement. I was in a panic state when I just got him. I could not believe someone could be so cruel to leave this dog out in the woods in the dead of winter in Michigan, with no food, water or shelter. He was all skin and bones.There wasn't any leaves on the tree to even form a canopy of protection, It snowed a lot a, almost everyday this past winter. I did it all with support from this sight, and many prayers to God to guide me, and show me how to deal with this dog who is not socialized , and filled with fear. Most of all I did it because I love all creatures of God and I want to provide him with a good life, which he so deserves.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Hi Although my Faye wasnt in such a dreadful state as Kye,she has ad 3 homes up until she was 5months,she was a worried and unhappy,it took us a while to get on top of her issues,but one of the most telling things is she doesnt like going in the car enjoys wherever we go,but cant wait to jump in the car and return home she probably associates a car journey as being taken away,but what I am trying to say it is never over,some things will be always there,its a long haul and you and I know this maybe one day they will love and trust us and the wary look in there eyes will go,but for now we can be pleased with the little steps like a wag of a tail or a paw reaching out things other dog owners take for granted.Gemini54
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 06:24 PM
Morningglory, you have persevered this far and I have absolutely no doubt that you will keep at it for the foreseeable future!

Once again, I applaud you for what you have done for this poor dog.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-08-2013, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by morningglory View Post
I did it all with support from this sight, and many prayers to God to guide me, and show me how to deal with this dog who is not socialized , and filled with fear. Most of all I did it because I love all creatures of God and I want to provide him with a good life, which he so deserves.
Most of the Dogsey regular members are genuine people, we don't get too many trolls on here, and I'm so glad that you are making progress with Kye.

It is really starting to make my blood boil reading about cruelty to animals and dogs especially. But you have been able to bring security and comfort to one dog who undoubtedly faced a terrible fate, as I've said before I think you are doing a wonderful job. I'm sorry I can't always make a reply when you update us because I am traveling in England right now and can only log in briefly in the evenings.
morningglory
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-08-2013, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
Hi Morning Glory
The Friend I was talking about did dress up as a woman, part of his act was,do you know Shirley Bassey,well that was who he did,but he never left the mannerisms on the stage and when he was talking these mannerisms still were with him,thinking about it I am surprised that the people he spoke to didnt all end up behind the settee,when he got excited in telling us something,it was a mixture of Dusty Springfield and Shirley Bassey Gemini54
Gemini 54
I looked up who is Shirley Bassey, Now I know who you are talking about. She has a pretty voice. That must have been hilarious listening to him. I don't think my Husband is capable of doing a good impersonation, but I'm sure Kye would have liked him.
morningglory
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-08-2013, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Most of the Dogsey regular members are genuine people, we don't get too many trolls on here, and I'm so glad that you are making progress with Kye.

It is really starting to make my blood boil reading about cruelty to animals and dogs especially. But you have been able to bring security and comfort to one dog who undoubtedly faced a terrible fate, as I've said before I think you are doing a wonderful job. I'm sorry I can't always make a reply when you update us because I am traveling in England right now and can only log in briefly in the evenings.
lOSOS thank you for doing your best in checking in and responding. I hope you are enjoying your trip to England. I hope one day that I can travel a little . But right now I need to work on Kye . I would love to have my Sister dog sit for us , but he does not really know her yet , because she does not come over that often. Not that she doesn't want to, but she lives over 25 miles from us. One day at a time. Life is short , remember to enjoy yourself, take care.
Page 17 of 21 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »