View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Not really, but if you didn't face your fears like you did, he could have died a terrible death, in stead of the peaceful way you allowed to happen.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks Leo. You are very kind. Ax
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-07-2007, 07:10 PM
Well its true, dunno about me being kind...... but thanks.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Nope you are kind. Take the compliment you!!!!!
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Oh i'm so sorry Ailsa, i did hope as you when i read this earlier this afternoon that no news was good news, but it wasn't to be.

You did best by Mo, as you always have done, letting him slip away free from pain, who knows what discomfort he would of been as the tumour took hold. He's free now, a youngster running free, probalby met the other dogsey dogs that have recently left us too.....Cassie, Amy and Oscar they will all be newbies at Rainbow Bridge together.

As you say just think of the last few weeks, his fab holiday on the boat and winning that competition.....a star right to the end...

Take care, i'm so sad for you
xx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Thanks Kirsty, I really didn't want to have to tell this news at all. I wanted him home oh so very badly. In all honesty this was exactly the thing I didn't want to happen. I wanted him to die at home in my arms Kirsty.
I'm sobbing again.
Run free Mo x
I am crying with you. I really think you did the kindest thing for your lad. You were so strong and selfless ... that is what we all hope to be when our beloved dog's time comes.

Rest assured that Mo knew how much he was treasured and loved - no dog could have wanted for more.

Run free Mo xxxx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 07:16 PM
so sad for you ailsa
run free mo, let cassie and amy take care of you sweetheart
hugs
xxxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Thanks Kirsty. Thanks Toby. The tears are off again. I did love him so much you know. I kissed his furry head and told him so this morning before he left and so did my son. WE were both brave and held back the tears so as not to upset him and then sobbed our hearts out.
My poor little boy has lost his best friend today.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Thanks Dani I PMd you. The hotel I mentioned in the other thread was one I took Mo to. It brought back such happy memories posting about it today, it made me smile.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Oh Ailsa I hardly dared to read this thread ...

You made the right decision to let Mo go before he got to the stage where life was unbearable for him.
I think sometimes we are tempted to keep our dogs going because we fear to lose them, real love is having the courage to let them go (hug).

What a lovely boy Mo was, he will join the long list of memorable dogs I have have the pleasure of 'meeting' . xx
Page 16 of 33 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 > Last »