Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
What about all other dog activities... its not just the show world that has an element of "trophy hunters" agility/working obedience, not to mention cats/horses, ect , ect.

People have animals for all sorts of reasons, and as people will see them differently, to those who have pets first to those who see them as a means to an end.

Regards the idiot vet..........when was th elast time he actually practiced as one

He was in the programmer years ago, and from what I can remember he became a TV b rated celeb.(as many of the other did). working on everything and anything from DIY to cars???
The idiot vet, not met too many idiot vets as it is quite a journey to become one, sadly your comment has lessened the validity of your points.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
& are your dogs fully health tested & from fully health tested parents ???

What have rodents(Cavvies)got to do with dogs BTW ?
I don't have pugs, boxers or cavvies. If you are going to be silly about things then I suggest you get it right. Cavies are the rodents.

Your posts defending what goes on are bracketing you with those breeders who cannot accept there is anything wrong.

rune
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
& are your dogs fully health tested & from fully health tested parents ???

What have rodents(Cavvies)got to do with dogs BTW ?
Oh come on Dyane, there was no call for that.

Cavvies is short for CKCS

Cavies is plural for Cavy

What a difference an extra V can make eh?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Doesn't it make your blood boil that a breeder could be so unscrupulous?

Someone send me the original paper and I'll give my opinion on how good the piece of research was r.e. stats, cohort size and conclusions!
I imagine it was part of the health testing survey carried out by the KC. They are all (every breed) on their website. It's one of the very good things about the KC. They collect data, run surveys etc, etc, etc and do tend to publish the results and information. Without the information that has been gathered over the years, many of the problems would still be suspected, not proved and so health testing (instigated by the KC) would not be thought of, let alone available.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 10:02 AM
It was nice to see the Dalmatian breeder on there and give some insight to the general public about urinary stones, there are still far too many Dalmatian owners who don't realise that Dals get these.
It would be lovely to see more Lua's around and I decided a long while ago that if I got another Dal from a breeder it would be an Lua, as keeping my boy on a restricted diet and having to carefully watch him every time he pees in case he looks as though he is struggling is not fun!

I felt so sorry for the Boxer breeder who lost her dog, she obviously cared about her a lot, and I hope the program shames the Boxer breeders who are burying their head in the sand into being more proactive, but I'm inclined to think it will make them more stubborn.

The Cav's really got to me, that poor little dog that was crying in pain.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
I imagine it was part of the health testing survey carried out by the KC. They are all (every breed) on their website. It's one of the very good things about the KC. They collect data, run surveys etc, etc, etc and do tend to publish the results and information. Without the information that has been gathered over the years, many of the problems would still be suspected, not proved and so health testing (instigated by the KC) would not be thought of, let alone available.
Ah I see I didn't realise this study was through the KC, thanks for that

I'll have a look at it then
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
But that really wasn't the point of the programme now was it?
no, but again thats my point. its unbalanced. admittedly not as unbalanced as the first one, but still unbalanced. there are many good breeders out there.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by alexgirl73 View Post
So someone who is extremely passionate, someone who has likely seen hundreds if not thousands of suffering dogs, is a joke? Actually I think he was one of those talking the most sense on that programme, one of those concerned with the dogs welfare rather than pandering to over inflated egos who think they know best, when all they are concerned with is their dogs ability to win them pretty ribbons!
Mark Evans won't have seen 1,000s of dogs suffering from genetic conditions that have been KC registered, he may well have seen that many dogs, but most of the pedigree dogs in the UK are not KC registered.

He was given the push by the RSPCA BTW the usual parted amicably statement was issued-which means jump before you are forcibly pushed. I don't think is a practising vet now so his experience is not current(& if based on the dogs seen in RSPCA clinics)will not be the dogs seen by a "normal"vet

My KC dogs are not deformed cripples which he believes all KC registered dogs to be
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by astle9 View Post
The idiot vet, not met too many idiot vets as it is quite a journey to become one, sadly your comment has lessened the validity of your points.
Oooft I've worked with a good few idiot vets!! Intelligence is subjective!
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
no, but again thats my point. its unbalanced. admittedly not as unbalanced as the first one, but still unbalanced. there are many good breeders out there.
Yes, there are, but while there are *any* bad breeders out there, never mind ones that are creating an obscene amount of litters, winning breed shows, sitting on breed committees, then issues like this have to be raised and not have us bury our heads in the sand by going ah well there are loads of good breeders so let's just ignore the bad ones
Page 16 of 40 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 > Last »