Female 

25-05-2011, 07:39 AM
There's even a rather irritating roflmao song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEWgs6YQR9A
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Do you mind me asking how much you had to pay to get the GSD away from her?

If it is a token amount then perhaps it won't encourage her (in itself) to get more dogs to then sell on to you again. However if she asked an extortionate amount then it could well seem an easy way of making a bit of money to her

I can see Smokeybear's point of view, but I think if I were in the same situation then I would pay to get a dog out of immediate danger or a cruel situation and also try to educate the woman that owning dogs requires responsibility and commitment.

Do you think she would be open to being educated on dog ownership? I wonder if she actually does enjoy owning dogs (hard to believe on the evidence though!) but is just completely clueless as to their needs?
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 08:35 AM
Well done for getting the gsd, the problem other than this woman is people advertising there animals on gumtree and the like and not bothering to homecheck or follow up the outcome of their family pet. It's bad enough giving up on a dog but even worse to not care where it goes.

P.s smokeybear- I actually take offence to to your insinuation that because I have a Staffie, I am a thug. Nothing like discrimination there then. I also homecheck and assess dogs and I am a committee member for Staffordshire rescue Scotland and I am so far removed from the chav owner you imply I am.

Because I suggest that this woman deserves the same treatment she gives her dogs does not make me a monster, I am merely frustrated that she can continue her cycle with no punishment as laws are pathetic and that she clearly sees she is doing no wrong, the only way she will see it is if she is treated the same.
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Two mind sets going on in this disscusion.The logical and the emotional. Logically you can to take a step backwards and view from a distance then talk about what should and shouldn't be in the bigger picture. Emotionally you can move closer and become actively involved trying each avenue that you can.This woman in question appears to be unconcious of either. It's obvious which way you lean and your heart is in the right place.You may not change the bigger picture but you have a quality to help and do your bit for unfortunate dogs already trapped in a sorry situation .Many rescuers have done likewise by saving individual dogs and giving them a better quality of life.I admire your compassion and hope you can resolve something.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Well done for getting him out of there, he looks much happier already. Are you having to keep him seperate from your dogs? Are you planning keeping him?
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 10:34 AM
In the case of the GSD I think it was worth paying her off. From all your descriptions it sounded like a tabloid page waiting to happen. Hopefully the hassle she had keeping him will put her off trying any more "guard" dogs. Rather suspect something'll be along to replace him though.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Well done for doing what you've done. There are some folk in this world that you will never please -one or two of them on here.......he looks a lovely shep, I hope he does well with you.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Something I found amusing when reading the thread, not sure if someone else has commented on it already.

The gsds now previous owner stated he was used as a guard dog...yes, I'm sure intruders would've been scared sh*tless of a chained dog.

Honistly, if brains were dynamite, some people wouldn't have enough to blow their nose.

Btw, good luck with him.

Whilst I share SB's and others concerns that all this will do is encourage the woman to get more dogs, it appears from what we've been told, that short of steeling the dog/s, this was the only action the OP felt could achieve any result.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Something I found amusing when reading the thread, not sure if someone else has commented on it already.

The gsds now previous owner stated he was used as a guard dog...yes, I'm sure intruders would've been scared sh*tless of a chained dog.
I think the OP said they pointed out to the owner that the dog was absolutely useless as a guard dog since it was kept chained up in a bedroom but it made no difference. Some people are just dumb. Rupert believes anyone coming here is here to worship him yet he's probably a better deterrant than an aggressive GSD who's chained to a wall and shut in a bedroom.
proudmummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Do you mind me asking how much you had to pay to get the GSD away from her?

Do you think she would be open to being educated on dog ownership? I wonder if she actually does enjoy owning dogs (hard to believe on the evidence though!) but is just completely clueless as to their needs?
I paid 60 pound for him and even though that might not seem alot to some people im a student and 60 pound is alot to me. I have tried educating her. Its like banging my head against a brick wall. Her partner is starting to see sense when he came round earlier to see tyeson and saw how happy and relaxed he was. He asked me how i have managed to 'calm the beast' to which i replied a good quality meal, a good walk and not chaining him to a wall. I am happy to report that he has rang the SBT previous owner and has asked her to colect her as they cant cope. Also when i went round earlier to walk the BC he was in the kitchen but not in his crate, apparently now they dont have the SBT they are going to keep him in the kitchen as the SBT and the BC used to fight so had to be kept seperate and instead of me taking him for a walk her partner joined me on our walk with the BC. He also told me when we said goodbye that me buying tyeson was the 'kick up the bum' that they needed. I told him that he shouldnt get anymore dogs as its obvious that they cant care for them properly and he has told me that they wont be doing, obviously im going to have to see it to believe it but him walking the BC is a step in the right direction.

Originally Posted by kirsty_ View Post
Well done for getting him out of there, he looks much happier already. Are you having to keep him seperate from your dogs? Are you planning keeping him?
I am keeping him completely seperate from the other two at the minute because of how aggresive he has been with other dogs in the past. Freya is DA and i think it would be safer to keep them seperated for a while. I have made an appointment for him to see a behavourist next tuesday so if they can help him with his aggresion then i think i will be keeping him. Only because i know what he has been through and i know he will be safe with me.

I have bathed him before when he was living with her, i think it is easier with him because he has known me for a while and trusts me. My sister met him today. I muzzled him obviously for her safety but he didnt show any aggresion at all. His body was relaxed and his tail low and wagging the whole time. I didnt take the muzzle off just to be safe but i think he is doing really well. He had to be muzzled at the vets and did cause a huge fuss but i expected that. Also had him out for his first walk since summer last year. No recall at all but as i rent a field for off lead excercise he had no escape, catching him was fun though
Closed Thread
Page 16 of 24 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »