Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 12:58 PM
HMMMMM

its not only the BBC that has double standards. there are plenty on here that have the same problems.

how many have slated BYB's and PF's for their bad breeding practises?
a good percentage.

well i see this problem with Eastenders as escalating these peoples profits further.
a programme that is broadcast to the masses IS going to reach the morons in this country who will exploit anything good as a money maker.

and those on here that have patronised Westie N have now become part of the problem.

Hang your heads in SHAME!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:13 PM
I will not....
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I just about give up on this forum and I'm ready for jacking it in. You'd think I posted a topic in support of irresponsible breeding, not the opposite.

I'm all for having different opinions, but this is just ridiculous. Next time, I won't say a thing on here.

The thing is Nicola, as we all know, breeding is a very contraversial subject. There will always be bad feeling, as views differ so much on this sensitive subject.

As far as I am concerned, I gave my views. Yes, I did get into a bit of a ruck but felt I had a right to express my view (as we all do) and then defend myself when VV got very p*ssed with me. (not having a dig at VV, that is sorted, just saying....).

Thing is, I'm not really sure what it is that has made you feel that you are

"just about give up on this forum" as you say.

Is it because people are arguing on your thread? Understandable that it may get you a little annoyed but that's the "joy" of forums - it's what happens Just as you have put your say on breeding threads, when they haven't been exactly welcome However, you had a right to have your say, you did and, as far as I can see, that's all that has happened on your thread.

Thing is Nicola, we don't all agree that this Eastenders storyline is going to have a major negative effect on the welfare of dogs. We do have a right to express that without you throwing your toys out of the pram

Whilst we are on the subject of breeding, I must admit, I am a little confused at your views on the subject. Is it that you don't believe in ANY breeding at all! Or is it just that you agree to breeding dogs that have been successful in the showring, or what?

And Hectorsmum, who exactly has patronised Westie? Not sure that I have (though I have disagreed with her) and so I have my head held up high! Thank You
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:14 PM
HMMMMMM
Hectors mum and I will not..... No double standards here I say it as I see it.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Flippin` eck! I knew I was right not to watch the soaps!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
The thing is Nicola, as we all know, breeding is a very contraversial subject. There will always be bad feeling, as views differ so much on this sensitive subject.

As far as I am concerned, I gave my views. Yes, I did get into a bit of a ruck but felt I had a right to express my view (as we all do) and then defend myself when VV got very p*ssed with me. (not having a dig at VV, that is sorted, just saying....).

Thing is, I'm not really sure what it is that has made you feel that you are

"just about give up on this forum" as you say.

Is it because people are arguing on your thread? Understandable that it may get you a little annoyed but that's the "joy" of forums - it's what happens Just as you have put your say on breeding threads, when they haven't been exactly welcome However, you had a right to have your say, you did and, as far as I can see, that's all that has happened on your thread.

Thing is Nicola, we don't all agree that this Eastenders storyline is going to have a major negative effect on the welfare of dogs. We do have a right to express that without you throwing your toys out of the pram

Whilst we are on the subject of breeding, I must admit, I am a little confused at your views on the subject. Is it that you don't believe in ANY breeding at all! Or is it just that you agree to breeding dogs that have been successful in the showring, or what?

And Hectorsmum, who exactly has patronised Westie? Not sure that I have (though I have disagreed with her) and so I have my head held up high! Thank You
CC, I have not once slammed you for your opinion here. That's fine that you disagree with me, and anyone else for that matter. I have no problem with that at all and I'm certainly not throwing my toys out of the pram, as you suggest.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Flippin` eck! I knew I was right not to watch the soaps!
lol DITO, that must make us very intelligent people
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
lol DITO, that must make us very intelligent people
So, those who do watch soaps aren't intelligent?

This is what you imply here. Therefore, you obviously admit that there are unintelligent folk who watch soaps, and these are the sort of folk who this current breeding storyline in Eastenders may just clinch the deal with regards to breeding their dogs. Just my opinion, of course.

I may not be the most intelligent person you'll ever meet, I admit that, but I'm certainly not stupid because I watch Eastenders, Shona.

Even I, who allegedy lacks intelligence, can see that this storyline isn't going to do dogs any favours.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:29 PM
CC, I have not once slammed you for your opinion here. That's fine that you disagree with me, and anyone else for that matter. I have no problem with that at all and I'm certainly not throwing my toys out of the pram, as you suggest.
Well, thank you for that. Just why are you thinking of "jacking it in" then. I'm confused

Also, I am interested on your thoughts on breeding. As you are probably aware, my Krystal had pups in December and so I am curious to know just how against breeding you are and the reasons for this

It's common knowledge on the Forum that you are totally against breeding but I'm not sure we all know the precise reasons why and exactly where you feel that breeding should stop if, indeed, you feel that breeding should be carried out at all. Like I said, I am confused

As for my remark about "throwing your toys out of the pram" - have to say your post regarding jacking it in, did kinda resemble a tantrum
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:35 PM
So, those who do watch soaps aren't intelligent?

This is what you imply here. Therefore, you obviously admit that there are unintelligent folk who watch soaps, and these are the sort of folk who this current breeding storyline in Eastenders may just clinch the deal with regards to breeding their dogs. Just my opinion, of course.

I may not be the most intelligent person you'll ever meet, I admit that, but I'm certainly not stupid because I watch Eastenders, Shona.
but you feel others are! and others will rush out to breed there dogs
Even I, who allegedy lacks intelligence, can see that this storyline isn't going to do dogs any favours.
as you have problems with the laughter emotions/faces, I used the cheeky face, which would stand my comment as a joke.... so no I dont think the uk is full of dim people,.
Page 16 of 19 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 >