Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LuvMyDog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
Yep, simple ~ at least for any caring dog owner!
Again, baseless value judgements. We all know there are owners out there using incorrect equipment and causing their dogs stress, physical damage and not encouraging desired behaviors. At least they're trying, misguided maybe, but trying non the less and that indicates some degree of caring.

This causes an issue when they research alternatives and come up against incorrect information, baseless opinion, and arguments like this thread that drifts constantly into personal attacks and one upmanship.

Instead of having all the options presented with the pro's and con's to encourage selection and choice it ends up as "if you don't use x you're not a dog lover" or "if you do use x you're going to hell". How unhelpful is that?

regards,

Austin
LuvMyDog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Which ones do they supply?
Does it matter?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by LuvMyDog View Post
Really? It goes off on some serious tangents attacking the OP and dozens of random discussions about who did what and who said what and who knows who, perhaps comparable arguments using "friendly" seeming equipment to counter the same arguments leveled against the offending collars is too off thread? How very careless, please accept my most humble apology.

My view on pain is that it's subjective, and unavoidable.

regards,

Austin
OK well they do go off on tangents - and usualy people are directed to start a new thread
For the record I do not use anti pull harnesses, but I am more than happy and quite interested in a discussion on them if you wish to start a thread on it

Yes life has pain
But you dont need pain to train - that is very easy to avoid
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Does it matter?
What's the problem? I'm interested.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Again, baseless value judgements. We all know there are owners out there using incorrect equipment and causing their dogs stress, physical damage and not encouraging desired behaviors. At least they're trying, misguided maybe, but trying non the less and that indicates some degree of caring.

This causes an issue when they research alternatives and come up against incorrect information, baseless opinion, and arguments like this thread that drifts constantly into personal attacks and one upmanship.

Instead of having all the options presented with the pro's and con's to encourage selection and choice it ends up as "if you don't use x you're not a dog lover" or "if you do use x you're going to hell". How unhelpful is that?

regards,

Austin
and how rude is that.
Any chance of you actually talking about the topic?
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
Adam, we've been through this before & pointed out that this just shows your complete lack of understanding of OC principles & pos reinforcement training. You aren't doing yourself any favours by repeating such nonsense
I agree, quite a few of us who do understand operant conditioning have explained this to Adam but he does not care to learn, instead he listens to trolls who don't know what they are talking about, but who for some reason he listens to

Wys
x
LuvMyDog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
What's the problem? I'm interested.
DYOR......
LuvMyDog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-02-2011, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
and how rude is that.
Any chance of you actually talking about the topic?
Let me paraphrase...

Using existing objections and arguments against the offending equipment to compare with non offensive equipment that has similar issues and apply the same objections and arguments.

So, yes, happy to discuss the topic and acknowledge how it's diversified and expanded. Isn't that how debate works?

regards,

Austin
LuvMyDog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
For the record I do not use anti pull harnesses, but I am more than happy and quite interested in a discussion on them if you wish to start a thread on it
So what's your choice of training equipment, or even just general walking equipment?

regards,

Austin
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Really? It goes off on some serious tangents attacking the OP and dozens of random discussions about who did what and who said what and who knows who, perhaps comparable arguments using "friendly" seeming equipment to counter the same arguments leveled against the offending collars is too off thread? How very careless, please accept my most humble apology.

My view on pain is that it's subjective, and unavoidable.

regards,

Austin
Well you are kind of right---it is subjective if used on a dog and unavoidable if it comes in the form of electric shocks from a collar.

One of the best indications that it might well be painful is the reluctance of the users to allow the collars to be used on them to teach them something.

rune
Closed Thread
Page 156 of 206 « First < 56 106 146 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 166 > Last »