View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2010, 08:34 AM
I have skimmed through the above post - personally i don't think closing tracks is going to change anything. What happens to all those poor dogs ? - i don't have an issue with the actual racing of dogs - they love it, its what happens to them after they are no longer a making money.

The industry needs to be closely monitored and policed and the owners need to be held accountable for the dog when it has finished its racing career.

Dog racing will always be around be it underground illegally or legally - isn't it better to keep it legal and be able to monitor the situation than have illegal dog racing where who knows what can go on ?
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-03-2010, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
I have skimmed through the above post - personally i don't think closing tracks is going to change anything. What happens to all those poor dogs ? - i don't have an issue with the actual racing of dogs - they love it, its what happens to them after they are no longer a making money.

The industry needs to be closely monitored and policed and the owners need to be held accountable for the dog when it has finished its racing career.

Dog racing will always be around be it underground illegally or legally - isn't it better to keep it legal and be able to monitor the situation than have illegal dog racing where who knows what can go on ?
I have no idea why dog racing must go on?

Borderdawn, I applaud you for being such a lovely lady in spite of Jiff's mean and unnecessary comments.
Jiff
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Buzzie posted:

Borderdawn, I applaud you for being such a lovely lady in spite of Jiff's mean and unnecessary comments.

HMMMMMMM, Buzzie, If you had read my private messages from other members about the woman in question, you would find you are in the minority.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2010, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE=buzzie;1911264][B]I have no idea why dog racing must go on?

I reiterate - what will happen the thousands of dogs currently racing ? it won't stop racing it would go underground and then the dogs would suffer even more because it would not be monitored.

Its what happens to the dogs after, not the racing IMO.
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-03-2010, 08:43 PM
[quote=greyhoundk;1911363]
Originally Posted by buzzie View Post
[B]I have no idea why dog racing must go on?

I reiterate - what will happen the thousands of dogs currently racing ? it won't stop racing it would go underground and then the dogs would suffer even more because it would not be monitored.

Its what happens to the dogs after, not the racing IMO.
Well, I will just say that is not my opinion and leave it at that. I think this thread has run it's course!!
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2010, 08:09 AM
I think the article below proves why you shouldn't believe all you read.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/50638...red_at_Crufts/

This is what Joe The Giants owner has to say about it.

These are not our words Joe was not dumped or abandoned nor was destined for the scrap heap he was simply available for homing.
We have been in contact with the Argus and we are not very happy with the write up that they printed, the only words of ours that we said was "he seems to be enjoying life to the full".
We are very dissapointed!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2010, 08:42 AM
[QUOTE=buzzie;1911565]

Well, I will just say that is not my opinion and leave it at that. I think this thread has run it's course!!

You are entitled to your opinion of course but you have not come up with any alternatives. Of course in an ideal world racing would not happen and there would be no dogs suffering for it but thats not real life is it ! its all very well saying you don't agree but whats the solution ?
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2010, 11:52 AM
[quote=greyhoundk;1911802]
Originally Posted by buzzie View Post
[/b]

You are entitled to your opinion of course but you have not come up with any alternatives. Of course in an ideal world racing would not happen and there would be no dogs suffering for it but thats not real life is it ! its all very well saying you don't agree but whats the solution ?
Awww, see we really do agree I still believe the real world can do the right thing.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2010, 06:26 PM
[QUOTE=buzzie;1911966]

Awww, see we really do agree I still believe the real world can do the right thing.

Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
Yes please............need to see something to make me smile.
Raining today but promise to do it on the next dry day! They are so funny, love them
Page 153 of 157 « First < 53 103 143 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 > Last »