Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-03-2015, 02:43 AM
Originally Posted by Strangechilde View Post
Hi Kenny-- there's very little your vet can do after a seizure. The best thing to do is to keep him quiet, warm, safe and sound. If he's still having tremors, call your emergency vet for advice. I'm not a vet myself, but sometimes uprooting them from a safe and secure environment can make things worse, so it's best to get advice from a vet. Call them at any hour. They are there in the wee hours for a reason. Good luck to you-- I am wishing you both well.
Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I see your a night owl like me

I've not left his side and will be sleeping on the sofa if and when I can doze off.

He is sleeping okay now and the tremors seem to have stopped now thank god.

If nothing else happens tonight then I will call his vet in the morning just to report what's happened and ask for advice.

As you say, no point in uprooting him from his bed into the vets if he is settled now.

I was in full on panic mode when it happened but I kinda expected something was going to happen. He just seemed too normal yesterday (meaning Sunday) full of energy and then today really really obsessing for food.

Considering how ill he looked when I had to rush him into the new vets on Thursday and that he didn't eat and so on, his remarkable recovery on Sunday was too quick (if you get what I mean).

I was lucky enough to have my phone to hand so I was able to video his behaviour after the 2nd of the two for about a minute so the vet can at least see that. Ever since it was suggested on here I've kept my phone ready to video anything.

I know it wasn't a grand mal fit but still as distressing to watch and what makses it worse is he was fully aware the whole time. He didnt zone out and you could see him asking me for help.

When the 2nd mini mini one started I actually felt as if I was going to throw up as I have been reading on here and the www about cluster fits. I don't know why or how but he pulled out of it when I called his name and stroked him.

He was so distressed, he came and got on my lap and buried his head in my chest. He could not get close enough to me.

But I remembered everything you guys had been saying, as soon as it started, I turned the TV off and just spoke to him gently and calmly, telling him he was a good boy and that everything's okay.

Made sure he didn't bump into anything but I have to say I was timing things for his seizure diary and it took a good 3 hours for the disorientation to wear off which is a good bit longer than his grand mal.

I'm so worried and I'm convinced there is more to this.

Thanks again, it's nice of you to reply this early in the morning
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-03-2015, 02:51 AM
You're doing great, Kenny, there's not anything more you can do just now. Stay strong. It is horrible to watch, but you're up to it. I know you are. Harvey is right where he should be, with you.
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-03-2015, 07:57 PM
He had another seizure tonight about an hour ago.

Went on for about 4 - minutes
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-03-2015, 08:09 PM
Rang to vets emergency service because I didnt know what else to do.

They said I could bring him in but obviously it would stress him.

It was decided to bring him in tomorrow first thing unless he seizes more tonight.

This one was a petite mal but more servier then yesterdays two.

He was jumping on the sofa, head butted the wall twice, going round and round, somehow bit one of the sofa coushans and obviously could not let go, bizarrely and extremely worrying he tried to jump through the closed front room window and I only just caught him in time mid jump.

I am so scared tbh and they seem to be growing in frequency and tonight's is a lot worse than last nights.

The jumping on things is VERY worrying because if he is going to do that how can I leave him alone in any room?

I cant empty a room of furniture because I have nowhere to put it and if he does it when I'm in bed he will hurt himself.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2015, 08:22 PM
I can only tell you the experience my lad had, Kenny. He reacts badly to a number of medications and a couple of the medications he tried to control his epilepsy increased the number of fits substantially.

I'm just wondering if the same is happening with your dog? Something to discuss with your vet. Sometimes just an adjustment to dosage can help, sometimes a change of meds.
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-03-2015, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I can only tell you the experience my lad had, Kenny. He reacts badly to a number of medications and a couple of the medications he tried to control his epilepsy increased the number of fits substantially.

I'm just wondering if the same is happening with your dog? Something to discuss with your vet. Sometimes just an adjustment to dosage can help, sometimes a change of meds.
Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry to hear about your lad

Right now I'm open to anything tbh.

He's on pexion and he was started on it on the 11-03-15.

I will ask his vet what he thinks tomorrow but I'm betting he will say its not had enough time to do any good yet
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-03-2015, 09:34 PM
Poor Harvey and poor you - I can imagine how stressed and worried you are about your boy. Hope you both manage to get some rest tonight and that you are able to get a bit of help from your vet tomorrow. Thinking of you both and wishing you well xx
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-03-2015, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by susannah92 View Post
Poor Harvey and poor you - I can imagine how stressed and worried you are about your boy. Hope you both manage to get some rest tonight and that you are able to get a bit of help from your vet tomorrow. Thinking of you both and wishing you well xx
Hi susannah

That's really nice of you to say.

I am really freaking out but nothing compared to what my boy must be feeling.
Woody
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-03-2015, 10:43 PM
Hope you both have a good nights sleep.
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-03-2015, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Hope you both have a good nights sleep.
Hi woody

What a lovely thing to say, thank you

If I'm truthful I didn't sleep much last night after his seizures then and I doubt I will again tonight.

I don't want to leave his side right now.

The main thing is Harvey is now sleeping as if nothing happened, I think he is finding these seizures tiring
Page 15 of 62 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 > Last »