View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Absolutely but as others have said it was an expose of bad practice, like a bad builders programme.....
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
By extremists.. Who are in a minority and as for those whose sole source of info is PDE, again a minority.
The extremists that led public opinion to both stop BBC coverage of Crufts and caused others to pull out of the event.

We'll never know the stats, but I wonder just how many badly bred dogs were showing that year (and subsequent years) against conscientiously bred dogs?

Don't get me wrong, the catalyst of events that has followed the programme has served to speed up KC policies in respect of good breeding which is excellent. However, on the downside, it has also put the fear of God into many of the general public and turned them against pedigree dog ownership.

There are pros and cons to what that particular programme caused. I'd like to think the pros will eventually outweigh the cons, but, at the moment, I'm honestly not too sure that they do.

I hope the follow-up programme is fair and balanced, I truly do. What would be nice would be to see the KC continuing to make progress as a result and the general public being informed where to look for well-bred pedigree dogs so that confidence can start to be restored
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Hear Hear.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 07:56 PM
I talk to heaps of pet dog owners and in all honesty the vast majority of then didn't watch it....
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Then you will know how much she does for dogs quietly and without a fuss.
Do you know ? She has been asked umpteen times re donating her money or time to animal health research and as yet not answered. Also bringing over dogs from Ireland but going on and on about UK dogs does not amuse me
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
Do you know ? She has been asked umpteen times re donating her money or time to animal health research and as yet not answered. Also bringing over dogs from Ireland but going on and on about UK dogs does not amuse me
Why should she donate either her money or her time?

If a programme is made about poverty in children do you expect the people making it to donate to the NSPCC? Or if it about not enough foster places do you expect them to foster?

rune
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Why should she donate either her money or her time?

If a programme is made about poverty in children do you expect the people making it to donate to the NSPCC? Or if it about not enough foster places do you expect them to foster?

rune
If they felt so strongly about something , then yes why not!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
It's none of anyone's business what she does with her money.
I know for a fact that she has been involved with rescuing UK dogs.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Everyone helps in their own way
If she feels she is helping by making the programs then why should others demand that she helps in other ways that they deem fit?
Or if she does donate time and money why should she feel pressurised to nail her recepts to a flag to prove it?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 03:37 PM
It is a good way for the people who didn't like her message to attack her. It is usually done to turn attention away from a message when there is no other defence!

rune
Closed Thread
Page 15 of 42 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 > Last »