Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by gemsoph View Post
I no a man who is a registered breeder and he bred his 2 mastiffs and all went smoothly so why is everyone giving negative feedback to me, and he has offered to help me out when my bitch delivers the pubs. he has told me its not for the faint hearted, i didnt say just because the 2 dogs look good that is a good enough reason to breed them
So you're definately going ahead with the litter then? It's just that you say when and not if!

If he is going to help you out is he going to stay over at your house and take it in turns to watch over the pups 24/7 for the first 2 weeks? If not, and your o/h is out working, how are you going to juggle looking after a litter of pups and looking after your two children? What if the bitch and/or pups are poorly, if you have to hand rear some or all of the pups...something will have to give...you cannot do it all alone, believe me, I've been there.
gemsoph
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2010, 01:01 PM
claireanddaisy i didnt say i want my bitch to have pups as it would clam her down, when the 2 dogs were tyed i stood and tryed calming them down as it would of been impossible to seperate them, and yes the other dog was big when they seperated, whats the harm in saying all this. I am not bothered if people read my 1st post i no what i said in it tyvm
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 01:01 PM
No i wouldnt. And im typing for advise and to learn new things, i do not drive and have 2 children at home with me so they come first tyvm i cant just up and go to the vets right this second.

Get a taxi then, sorry, she was mated Sunday,it's now Tuesday. Get someone to give you a lift. Sorry, if I am coming across as blunt, but it just seems to be excuses.

So you won't be able to take the pups back, so what happens to them if their new homes don't work out?
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 01:02 PM
No i wouldnt. And im typing for advise and to learn new things, i do not drive and have 2 children at home with me so they come first tyvm i cant just up and go to the vets right this second.
Then you also wouldn't be able to get your bitch to the vets for an emergency c-section I take it.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 01:02 PM
claireanddaisy i didnt say i want my bitch to have pups as it would clam her down, when the 2 dogs were tyed i stood and tryed calming them down as it would of been impossible to seperate them, and yes the other dog was big when they seperated, whats the harm in saying all this. I am not bothered if people read my 1st post i no what i said in it tyvm
I found your original post . Happily this was quoted in a reply, which can`t be altered.

yes i want her to have 1 litter its like thats what she needs as she keeps having fantom pregnancys after each season. I was there when they mated and tryed to clam both dogs. my bitch was yelping as if it was hurting and when they both seperated the males manhood was still really big it hadnt gone down while inside my dog. My dog is still bleeding is this the time they can get pregnant? And how will i know if she is having pups? ty
gemsoph
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2010, 01:04 PM
No i havent got family or friends over here who can give me a lift, and as i said i have 2 young children to think about and as i was advised by the vet this morning i have upto 2 weeks from when they mated so i have time to get the jag. And im not making excuses i have my dogs best interests at heart but i cannot get to the vets just yet
gemsoph
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2010, 01:05 PM
And jackbox she is a bullmastiff 2 years old
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 01:06 PM
yes both people can be contacted and as far as im aware she didnt breed my bitch but how do i no for sure. My bitch was 1 when i bought her and i paid £350. This is cheap i no. The man i no who owns 2 mastiffs paid £1000 each for his. Have you got any pictures of your dog? can i upload pictures to the site? ty
I think thats alot for an un health tested year old dog but thats by the by (ive had a squizz on mastiffs for sale).

Id seriously get onto to the previous owners of both dogs and try and dig up some sort of history for them and in the meantime get her to the vets for that jab. Then reassess at your leisure!

On a seperate note sounds gross but watch out for the blood/discharge 'smell' if it starts to smell bad then make sure you take her straight to the vet as theres something called pyometra which the poor things can get which is v bad (experts help me out on this one? I have a boy but have read about this! Not sure of other signs) Something bitch owners should be vigilant for, my friend bullie had to have an emergency hysterectomy due to this.
gemsoph
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2010, 01:07 PM
And claireanddaisy what is wrong with that post????????
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 01:07 PM
No i havent got family or friends over here who can give me a lift, and as i said i have 2 young children to think about and as i was advised by the vet this morning i have upto 2 weeks from when they mated so i have time to get the jag. And im not making excuses i have my dogs best interests at heart but i cannot get to the vets just yet
But weren't you at your parents home at the weekend, and seeing as it is their dog who is the Sire. Have they not offered to help?
Page 15 of 24 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »