Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
Less than animals? don't know where you got that one from.

Just cos some don't want, or arn't fond of children, doesn't mean we see them as less than animals, but neither am I at least, going to treat them as some superior being sent down from the stars. Humans are animals, wether they be children or adults, nothing more, nothing less.
I am talking about saving your dog over a child... in that respect if you make that choice, you are seeing a human child in a lesser capacity than a dog . (animal) and as some here have said they would rescue a dog over a child, I think, you can see where I got that one from.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
Probably, I'm sure you right, but it did make me think!

J.

Yep, thinking is good
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Do you know what gets a worse reaction than saying you don't want kids...

Saying you're considering getting yourself sterolized. Apparently its not considered culturally acceptable for a woman to want to do that, but its ok for men.
....and that one too.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I am talking about saving your dog over a child... in that respect if you make that choice, you are seeing a human child in a lesser capacity than a dog . (animal) and as some here have said they would rescue a dog over a child, I think, you can see where I got that one from.
I see now, I was talking in general.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2010, 09:07 PM
The car crash question has certainly got me thinking.

Would I pick my dog over some one elses child? hmmmm, that would depend on how bad the crash was, and who out of the 2 was most in need of rescuing. If the crash was verry bad, then it would depend on who I could get to the easiest, and if the child has any serious injuries, I.e neck/spinal, as I wouldn't dare move them in that case. But then, if the car wasn't a mangled hunk of metal, and the child wasn't badly injured, then I'd prob let the dog out first, as they can't open the door themselves.

Its not really something I can give a yes or no answer to, as it is far more complex an issue then that.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Ok, so car crash,
YOUR dog & someone elses Child. which First?
Personally it would be my dog id get out first. Harsh but the way it is!
I have the feeling I would instinctively try and save my dogs.....

As I read it....I know it ought to be the child....but a little voice inside says dogs....Maybe I would react differently in the situation....but my dogs mean hell of a lot more to me that someone else's child....and I am a fairly selfish creature.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Ok, so car crash,
YOUR dog & someone elses Child. which First?
Personally it would be my dog id get out first. Harsh but the way it is!
The car crash question has certainly got me thinking.

Would I pick my dog over some one elses child? hmmmm, that would depend on how bad the crash was, and who out of the 2 was most in need of rescuing. If the crash was verry bad, then it would depend on who I could get to the easiest, and if the child has any serious injuries, I.e neck/spinal, as I wouldn't dare move them in that case. But then, if the car wasn't a mangled hunk of metal, and the child wasn't badly injured, then I'd prob let the dog out first, as they can't open the door themselves.

Its not really something I can give a yes or no answer to, as it is far more complex an issue then that.
same here.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I have the feeling I would instinctively try and save my dogs.....

As I read it....I know it ought to be the child....but a little voice inside says dogs....Maybe I would react differently in the situation....but my dogs mean hell of a lot more to me that someone else's child....and I am a fairly selfish creature.
I've got that little voice as well.

Thinking about it more, if it was a choice between a child or my guide dog, I'm afraid, my dog would be first out, and I'd come back for the child.

My guide dog, enriches my life far more than an unknowns offspring.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2010, 09:37 PM
There are some really strong feelings coming out on here!

I don't want to sound patronising at all, and I used to say many of the same things that the people without children are saying here (ie I love my dogs as much as I could love any child etc etc) - however, you really don't know what it is like to love a child of your own unless you have one. Honestly, you don't.

I have to say that I do understand why people don't want children personally. I used to feel the same way. Some people go through life never wanting children, and that is absolutely fine. I think they are missing out on a really special relationship, but that is their choice

I also feel fairly bad saying it, but I am honest and I love my dogs more than my stepson. After all, we have been thrown together, it wasn't a choice. We get on well and I am very fond of him, but I totally love my dogs. However, Ben comes first in my affection and I hope I never have to choose between them, as it would break my heart - but Ben would come first.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2010, 12:01 AM
Moral of story ......dont let me drive your Child anywhere!

I would risk my "own" life to save my dog, So yes i always put them first whatever.

Another Question,(no Kids involved this time!)
You are Broken Down on the Motorway with your dogs,
Do you get out of the car?
I will not get out of the car & watch them die if something hits the car,id prefer us all to die together!

Page 15 of 25 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »