Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by rottalmarotts View Post
It's Rottalma lol

I will be there with Bearwithme Return to Sender and Galerita Wahbonny Blue Myst
Ok, will try and come to say hi, and see those fab Rottis m cant resist a Rottie slobber xxxx
Mouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by pumpkinpie View Post
YOUR GOING
I know I know! I'm dusting off my brush & straighteners just for you in the hope I won't be mistaken as a protester - which would (looks in the mirror) be a high possibility!
I am even thinking of hoovering out the car especially for you.
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Yes Jackbox you are correct that is what I was saying.
Good luck to everyone competing and those attending like me just enjoy the day.
ps this is from a GSD forum whether correct or not you may want to allow extra time for travel than normaly, especialy if you are going on Sunday like me.
"Also on the grapevine the threat of a 'rolling roadblock' on the M42. Get into the nearside lane a junction early so there's no chance of your being blocked in on the centre lane before the NEC exit. "
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-03-2009, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Ive got a high drive working dog and yes Ive taken away its job - bloody good job I did or she would of been pts! So yeah go on and tell me Im cruel - go on please explain to me how I am being cruel. Oh and also tell me where any of these protestors have advocated releasing dogs from cheir cages and getting run over!

I take it you have not taken away your dogs job then?
chill out, by working dogs i meant working dogs who have a high working drive and would be miserable being put in a pet home without their work, WSD for example. i didn't say you were cruel did i? that would be hypocritical of me, Jobie certainly doesn't 'work' any more!

as for dogs being released, THESE protestors haven't said anything but i could have sworn that it happened before at a show, a load of dogs were set loose and a lot of them got run over, i thought it was at westminster but i cant find a news link for it so i may be wrong. still there isn't any harm in caution, worse things have been done by animal rights extremists- though hopefully none of those will be turning up to crufts.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by Kizzy97 View Post
For those real dog lovers who might not have seen (or those who want to recap) the BBC exposure, of the pedigree dogs scene many these kindly people are talking about here it is again in full.

BBC, Pedigree dogs exposed
I see the link was censored, for those who want to see the full horrors of these dogs eternal twighlight lives and the charade of Crufts, go to 'my space' then videos and type in Pedigree dogs exposed, the programm is there in full.
Course we've seen the programme! Sheesh, is that the extent of your research? I can't believe that you didn't know about health issues common to specific breeds, and that inbreeding goes on frequently in the pedigree dog world. There are idiotic people breeding dogs (who the programme foucssed on, naturally) but there are also ethical people who want to see change, and love their dogs extremely. You'll alienate them all if you continue with illinformed rants, tarring everyone that goes to a dog show, with the same poorly researched brush.

I don't understand what you want to achieve? You don't propose a way forward, which just makes your cause seem badly thought out and irrelevant. I do agree that there's a lot that needs to be changed regarding the breeding of pedigree dogs, but I don't think you've done much reading and that your protest is just a knee-jerk reaction - a result of one documentary.

Do you want pedigree dogs to be completely eradicated?

Do you want people who show dogs to stop breeding, but people who breed pedigrees and don't show their dogs are OK?

Are backyard breeders OK to continue breeding/inbreeding?

Do think only mongrels should be bred?

Do you want all breeding to stop so dogs will be no more in 15 years?

Should all dogs be set free?

Do you want to see healthier pedigree dogs (some breeds less exaggerated, breed standards more inclusive aesthetically, genepools widened, health testing done, puppy farms eradicated, Kennel Club registration system reformed, public educated) ?

I genuinely don't know what the protesters want to see happen and how they see it being achieved? Crucial to any campaign I'd have thought.

I do agree with a lot of what you said on the original post (puppy farms, health problems, cruelty = wrong etc,), but I just don't like the idea of this protest. It doesn't seem to include a plan of action and just seems very reactionary, which just to me, seems like it could do more harm than good, in terms of alienating a huge proportion of dog owners. In particular, those who have the health of pedigree dogs in their hands.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by rottalmarotts View Post
It's Rottalma lol

I will be there with Bearwithme Return to Sender and Galerita Wahbonny Blue Myst
we will try and find you too, my 2 boys love Rotties x
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 09:42 AM
It's Greenpeace all over again! Fighting a very good cause in the wrong way!!

And it's giving us a veggies a bad name, once again!!

I peas
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Just wanted to say, in NO WAY do I agree that these protesters do their thing at Crufts. This is the wrong place to be doing it. Also, they are protesting about dogs being slaves and so on, which is totally ludicrous, so their cause can't really be taken seriously, wherever they spout their poop
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Good grief - where do these people get their 'facts' from?

If only they were so empassioned when doing their research, they may not get it so very wrong!!!

I really cannot understand all this Anti-Crufts crap, it's a dog-show like the hundreds of others that happen every year. Only difference to me is the size of it!

I wish these bigots would join some other ill-informed bandwagon!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 05:13 PM
My sister in laws chav neighbour has just mated her mini dachshund bitch with her Chihuahua, even though she had a litter from them six months ago! And she hasn't even sold all the pups from the previous litter yet. That poor bitch gets mated every season since she was a pup herself. The family went to Disneyland Paris on the profits last year. I'm sure she had the parents health checked though Much better than one of these evil Kennel club reg breeders. They are all evil.
Page 15 of 19 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »