View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-07-2005, 06:29 PM
mmm this is a tricky one. Yes I think the age should be lower for a termination, if however there are medical problems then I think that's diffrent, ie the mother is going to die.
I was caught up in this although I had no say so. I had a miscarrage and stil felt pregnant. I was basically told to get a grip. However I collapsed at my parents house. It turned out I had a pregnancy in my falopium (sp) tube, it was begining to ruptor so it was taken away. Just like that. Afterwards I asked if they could not have moved the baby to the "right" place. I was told no. End of story. I was just so happy to be alive, I already had a 5 year old son that needed his mum. So it's not always cut and dry.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by Mel
Unfortunately things DO happen to people I have to say that I would believe a man who told me that he had been vasectomised ...why wouldn't I?

Hindsight is always 20-20 Not sure if this is relevant but it is about 20 years ago now....and I DID say that the marriage was in difficulties, it does happen that married people in their unhappiness DO sleep with others I have been down THAT path myself so I know

She says that she had an abortion to save her marriage as she had 2 children at the time it must have been impoertant to her in a way , I am not sure...... I guess that unhappiness can lead to a lot of problems, I know it did in my married life
It just sounded to me like it was a bit of a fling, ie marriage was in difficulties. If it was a serious relationship then why would he lie?

By the way, I have noticed that a lot of people write *it's my honest opinion, hope you aren't offended* or something similar at the end of their posts... Of *course* it is your honest opinion, if it wasn't you wouldn't be writing it would you? LOL
I know this is slightly off topic but I think the reasons people put IMHO is because it's just that and to *highlight* the fact that it's not a personal dig at someone. That's why I do it anyway. One person might not be as thick skined as the next and I think it's just polite to apologise in advance, in case offence has been taken, sorry if this offends you.
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2005, 12:53 PM
im keeping out of this one

my views are very very strong and i will prob just get myself into trouble so will keep my trap shut

however i do believe the age should be lowered substantially,, maybe 18 weeks at most

kimberley x x
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by jacquie
mmm this is a tricky one. Yes I think the age should be lower for a termination, if however there are medical problems then I think that's diffrent, ie the mother is going to die.
I was caught up in this although I had no say so. I had a miscarrage and stil felt pregnant. I was basically told to get a grip. However I collapsed at my parents house. It turned out I had a pregnancy in my falopium (sp) tube, it was begining to ruptor so it was taken away. Just like that. Afterwards I asked if they could not have moved the baby to the "right" place. I was told no. End of story. I was just so happy to be alive, I already had a 5 year old son that needed his mum. So it's not always cut and dry.
:smt052 :smt052 :smt052
xxx
finnigan31
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by Gems
People can get pregnant even after taking all the precautions believe me, not very common but it can happen..
yes they can i got pregnant despite having injection, the doctors did not believe I was pregnant until a test proved it, I was immediately offered a termination, I was shattered about being pregnant,
It was a very difficult decision to make everything in my life at the time was not good and unless you are in that position you will never know what it is like.
I did not have an abortion my son is almost 18 now, I would never judge anyone who finds themselves in the same position,
Luke I am sorry but your attitude towards your sister is appalling and you publically slagging her off is shocking, you say you are young, well lets just hope you never find yourself in the same situation as your sister, do you realize the damage you are doing to your sister? how do you think she would feel if she seen what you have written?? or do you not care? very very sad
Sorry for ranting yvonne
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Sitting here with a growing bump I cant imagine letting the life growing inside me die brought on by my own actions

I dont agree with abortions, but in saying that I can appreciate everyones situations are different My first child was stillborn (I knew that he was going to be stillborn during the last couple of weeks of my pregnancy) and in knowing that somtimes people ask if I had known months beforehand would I have done things differently? And the answer to that is of course not, because no one could ever take away the few hours I got to spend with him.

Luke I feel that you are being somewhat harsh on your sister even if we dont agree with what our siblings do it gives us no right to bring their personal experiences to a public forum, its okay saying you are young, but if your are old enough to write and debate about such a thing then you should be old enough to be told off for doing so
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

07-07-2005, 09:06 PM
For me I don't believe in abortion yet I would have one if my life was at risk - I don't want to get pregnant and have always been very careful and luckily I have never had any accidents

saying this though I would never ever ever tell any woman what to do with her body -I believe it is a personal choice and must be decided by the woman alone after all it is her body

I don't agree with men making any comment on whether a woman should have an abortion or not after all you don't have to to carry it or give birth and face any of the potential dangers to that - sorry if that causes any offence to any men
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2005, 09:58 PM
im so sorry whiz about your baby and quite right to about luke well said!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-07-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT
quite right to about luke well said!
One's business is at one's will to dispense
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 09:50 AM
luke hun sometimes a little compassion is needed

i think thts all people are trying to say,, i know you have your reasons hun but somethings are best left unsaid
Page 15 of 17 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 >