Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jiff
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-02-2010, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by Kev Stow View Post
Bryan,

I am afraid you have another 'fact' wrong.

LGT send the national RGT a copy of our form for each dog rehomed which is modelled on theirs so they get all the same details from us that they get from all their branches.

However I do agree there should be a central database of retired greyhounds, but my understanding is when the RGT asked certain groups to provide them with information they were turned down.

Kev
That is the problem Kevin, to many independant rescues will have nothing to do with the RGT.
Kev Stow
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Totally agree, but it isn't just the RGT. I believe you will find no central place/auditor who they would accept to record their greyhounds. To be fair that is their prerogative but it does muddy the waters as has been said.

Kev
Jiff
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-02-2010, 08:20 AM
Kev. Quote; "I am afraid you have another 'fact' wrong."

I wanted to send you this privately, but I see I cant.

When I state anything on these forums, I do so, because I know they are true. I don't just pluck them out of the air, I get confirmation that everything I say is correct.

I have been within the greyhound Industry for a long time and I have many contacts within the sport if I need any relevant information. For instance, when it was posted on here that a lot of owners took their greyhounds home, I instantly made a phone call to find the exact number, or at the very least, an educated guess.

I was going to use the film this morning to bash the sport until I realised it wouldn't be fair on *******, who is both a Greyhound Racing supporter and supreme saviour of the hound.

You may be surprised, I do admire you for what you do for the greyhound, irrespective of your motives.
Which is more than I can say about some of the contibutors to this thread who appear to not know which end a greyhound defecates from.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2010, 08:23 AM
Morning Jiff, you seem to be in a better mood this morning, different to the pm's, did the team win? Very civil of you to speak to those who have Greyhound with broken limbs through racing so nicely. Keep up the good work.
Jiff
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-02-2010, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Morning Jiff, you seem to be in a better mood this morning, different to the pm's, did the team win? Very civil of you to speak to those who have Greyhound with broken limbs through racing so nicely. Keep up the good work.
Interesting opinion, but I do talk to a lot of people within the industry and they have no complaints with my attitude. However, it is people like you who have no interest in the pro's and con's involved within the sport, and who only join the thread from a position of ignorance, and loneliness, whom I have no time for... You are a very lonely woman
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2010, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by Jiff View Post
Interesting opinion, but I do talk to a lot of people within the industry and they have no complaints with my attitude. However, it is people like you who have no interest in the pro's and con's involved within the sport, and who only join the thread from a position of ignorance, and loneliness I have no time for... You are a very lonely woman
Oh dear, back to normal. I did have hope but alas its dashed.

You really wouldnt know what interest I have in the pros and cons of the sport as you are here only to send nasty messages and be rude. Next time I give up my time to help Greyhounds and Lurchers and raise money for them in rescues, Ill think twice about the "type" of people it may be directed to, people like you. Then perhaps better deserving people will benefit, and the dogs they care for. Cheers.
Jiff
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Oh dear, back to normal. I did have hope but alas its dashed.

You really wouldnt know what interest I have in the pros and cons of the sport as you are here only to send nasty messages and be rude. Next time I give up my time to help Greyhounds and Lurchers and raise money for them in rescues, Ill think twice about the "type" of people it may be directed to, people like you. Then perhaps better deserving people will benefit, and the dogs they care for. Cheers.
If you say so.
Kev Stow
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-02-2010, 08:49 AM
Bryan,

LGT send copies of our adoption forms to national RGT, sorry but that is a fact. We do however have a backlog (a very large backlog) as some of our volunteers are taking them personally to a meeting rather than posting.

You did say a week or so ago that LGT, and/or myself, are funded by the RGT. Again am sorry, but your contacts have that information wrong too. Neither of us receive a penny from national RGT.

Unfortunately digs about supreme saviours do nothing for the debate. Some would say Trudy, yourself and others set themselves up as supreme saviours, but the point is they are just words and each of us must do what we believe to be right.

As we are being more conciliatory I have to say my opinion of what you do for some of the oldies is that it is wonderful as think we both agree that the oldies who have often been in homes for a long time and then end up coming out are especially worthy and needy.

Thanks
Kev

PS: The fact you can't PM me is not down to me, honest.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by Jiff View Post
If you say so.
Thanks Jiff, I do.

See, this is what alienates people. I have had cause to prosecute two people for copyright infringement, and both times successful. "Some" of the proceeds of one of the cases, bought me possession of several pieces of artwork which I auctioned for my breeds welfare society, bringing them a very handsome sum to which they were very grateful. I hope to do that for Grey/Lurcher rescue too, (a few limited edition of 10 prints,) indeed I have offered photography services free of charge to some rescues and will continue to do so, regardless of how some people connected with such behave. Its a shame when you only come on to stir things, call people names and behave so childishly, quoting post numbers etc.. (not doing bad yourself ) if you contributed to the site as a whole, then you would receive a much nicer response. Hopefully that will change and we can move forward, the things you said to people in the Pit Bull thread were very unnecessary too.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by Kev Stow View Post
Bryan,

LGT send copies of our adoption forms to national RGT, sorry but that is a fact. We do however have a backlog (a very large backlog) as some of our volunteers are taking them personally to a meeting rather than posting.

You did say a week or so ago that LGT, and/or myself, are funded by the RGT. Again am sorry, but your contacts have that information wrong too. Neither of us receive a penny from national RGT.

Unfortunately digs about supreme saviours do nothing for the debate. Some would say Trudy, yourself and others set themselves up as supreme saviours, but the point is they are just words and each of us must do what we believe to be right.

As we are being more conciliatory I have to say my opinion of what you do for some of the oldies is that it is wonderful as think we both agree that the oldies who have often been in homes for a long time and then end up coming out are especially worthy and needy.

Thanks
Kev

PS: The fact you can't PM me is not down to me, honest.
You cannot make pm's until you have made 20 posts. Its nothing to do with either of you, its just the forum.
Page 148 of 157 « First < 48 98 138 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 > Last »