Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kev Stow
Dogsey Junior
Male 

20-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Trudy,

Lincolnshire Greyhound Trust or myself receive no money from the RGT.

Thanks
Kev

PS: Had a great day in Peterborough promoting greyhounds as pets.
Kev Stow
Dogsey Junior
Male 

20-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Trudy

Many dogs come into our care without a donation at all. Am sure you'll criticise the owners and trainers who do that though?

I am aware of one thing very clearly which is that after 146 pages (started by Trudy) that most people who read this will have exactly the same opinions as they did before they read it. Some will have anti views, others will have pro-racing views while the vast majority of the public and maybe this dog related forum will have no firm views either way and most will not even read this thread.

Kev
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
Think the quote 24.45 was a general review of the AWA for all animals, and to look to see if greyhounds need more protection.

His quote at about 25.00 seems to support that
From the transcript

Questioned by RM

My second point concerns animal welfare issues, which have already been raised. I understand that the Government believe that there is sufficient protection in animal welfare regulation, but some of us are not so sure. I would like the Minister’s assurance that the matter will be kept under review, and that if there is insufficient protection for greyhounds in practice his Department will return to it.

Response my JF

The hon. Member for Newbury raised a question, as a number of colleagues did, about the regulations being perceived by some as not going far enough. In the first instance, the Animal Welfare Act—to which he referred in respect of its policing powers, enforcement powers and animal welfare—has a five-year review clause. As I said to my hon. Friend the Member for Wolverhampton, South-West, that means that it is due for review next year, so the arrangements of its practical application for animal welfare purposes in support of the regulations will be reviewed during the next 12 months. An announcement will be made in respect of that review so that colleagues can contribute to it.
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
From the transcript

Questioned by RM

My second point concerns animal welfare issues, which have already been raised. I understand that the Government believe that there is sufficient protection in animal welfare regulation, but some of us are not so sure. I would like the Minister’s assurance that the matter will be kept under review, and that if there is insufficient protection for greyhounds in practice his Department will return to it.

Response my JF

The hon. Member for Newbury raised a question, as a number of colleagues did, about the regulations being perceived by some as not going far enough. In the first instance, the Animal Welfare Act—to which he referred in respect of its policing powers, enforcement powers and animal welfare—has a five-year review clause. As I said to my hon. Friend the Member for Wolverhampton, South-West, that means that it is due for review next year, so the arrangements of its practical application for animal welfare purposes in support of the regulations will be reviewed during the next 12 months. An announcement will be made in respect of that review so that colleagues can contribute to it.
Thanks for confirming my point
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Kev Stow View Post
Trudy,

Lincolnshire Greyhound Trust or myself receive no money from the RGT.

Thanks
Kev

PS: Had a great day in Peterborough promoting greyhounds as pets.
So why are LGT listed as a branch on the RGT website and where do work as a self employed kennel manager - where does your income come from?

PS - hope you didnt do any of that exploitative racing promotion business.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2010, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
Thanks for confirming my point
which was?
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Trudy, Lincolnshire Greyhound Trust or myself receive no money from the RGT. Thanks Kev PS: Had a great day in Peterborough promoting greyhounds as pets.
Glad you had a good day, and hopefully you didn't get wet. A lot of people round here still think that Greys need loads of excercise and are manic thankfully though a few have popped up in homes recently, and the majority of which have come straight from the trainers kennels and onto living room couches
HTML Code:
[object Selection]
Kev Stow
Dogsey Junior
Male 

20-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
So why are LGT listed as a branch on the RGT website and where do work as a self employed kennel manager - where does your income come from?

PS - hope you didnt do any of that exploitative racing promotion business.
In answer to your first question I would suggest you ask the RGT, but you will find a number of the groups listed are independent charities. My view is that we were a branch of RGT until 2004 and they know they can trust us to work hard to try and help rehome greyhounds in Lincolnshire and surrounding areas so continue to include us in their list.

The first part of your second bit makes no sense at all although I am happy to answer the last part when you let us know where your income comes from.

PS - We did promotion of what great pets greyhounds make and hope to have found homes for one or two, thank you.
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-02-2010, 07:30 PM
In answer to your first question I would suggest you ask the RGT, but you will find a number of the groups listed are independent charities. My view is that we were a branch of RGT until 2004 and they know they can trust us to work hard to try and help rehome greyhounds in Lincolnshire and surrounding areas so continue to include us in their list.

Do the dogs that you find homes for(over 100 again last year congratulations)go on the RGT homing figures?
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2010, 09:13 PM
The first part of your second bit makes no sense at all although I am happy to answer the last part when you let us know where your income comes from.

PS - We did promotion of what great pets greyhounds make and hope to have found homes for one or two, thank you.
The first part of my second question is - I would have thought - self explanatory.........i.e. if you are a self employed kennel hand - where are your kennels?

I am a kept women Kev - although I have a small pension and equity in my home which I invariably have to rely on.
Page 146 of 157 « First < 46 96 136 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 156 > Last »