Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by Kev Stow View Post
Bryan,

Nice easy answer to your question is that LGT is not part of the RGT so why would we use official RGT adoption forms. If you want to check Greyhound Gap, Tia and others also don't use offical RGT forms.

Kev
Greyhound Gap and Tia are not listed as branches of the RGT.

Why is Lincolnshire Greyhound Trust listed - is it because you recieve funding from them or what?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Off topic posts removed.
Please read and note our Posting Guidelines paying particular attention to rule 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 as these address conduct in discussions.

http://www.dogsey.com/posting-guidelines.htm

If someone sends you a nasty PMs please report them to Admin.
Thank you.
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
just because the same fateful decision is forced upon a carer of a companion animal..
Fateful decision? I'm sorry but if you own a dog you own a dog. I don't want figures of how many rescues are put down, we already know how many dogs PETA murdered. I'm talking about owners of dogs who are faced with the same decision due to their financial situation.
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by Jiff View Post
Kev I know you are not part of the RGT, however, if there was a central point, I.E. the RGT, for all documentation
Why the RGT? Why not make the central point the GBGB?
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Not in the least - I watched it within the hour of it being published.

I submitted to the consultation and even met with **** last month - so I know exactly what the issues are and there was nothing said during that debate to belie anything I have stated.

In fact the debate reaffirms the Animal Welfare Act is failing greyhounds which is what I have always stated.

So instead of posting links and making accusations - post some specifics to back up your accusations.
Sorry about late reply but decide not to post anything pertaining to the topic title while the Troll was posting.

Bring this link up again.

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Pl...meetingId=5852

Draw you attention to the point the Minster made at 25.40.

Other points 13.27 and 22.50

Originally Posted by JanieM View Post
Here's one enlightened person. I was aware of the problems with welfare and "shelf life" with these dogs but had no idea at how horrific some of these injuries were/are.
I went to the races at Peterborough a few years ago and now feel ashamed I supported this industry.

At least I know better now. Our local rescue centre is brimming with ex-racers at the mo, was quite shocked when I looked at the rehoming section at the number there were.

This might enlighten you a lot more.

Please look at above link from 25.00 onwards.

Where the Minster states the good work of the rehoming centres of the industry and that 15 to 20 years ago when he went to Battersea they where full of greyhounds, on his last visit recently they did not have one.

Was it an RGT kennel you visited?, if not any chance of the Local rescues name.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
Fateful decision? I'm sorry but if you own a dog you own a dog. I don't want figures of how many rescues are put down, we already know how many dogs PETA murdered. I'm talking about owners of dogs who are faced with the same decision due to their financial situation.
You never quite understand what I write, do you?

It is my belief we do not 'own' animals - I believe it is out duty to care for animals.

Just how many people do you think buy a companion dog, with the intention at the time of purchase, to destroy the dog if 'by chance' the dog sustains an injury?
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2010, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
Sorry about late reply but decide not to post anything pertaining to the topic title while the Troll was posting.

Bring this link up again.

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Pl...meetingId=5852

Draw you attention to the point the Minster made at 25.40.

Other points 13.27 and 22.50

This might enlighten you a lot more.

Please look at above link from 25.00 onwards.

Where the Minster states the good work of the rehoming centres of the industry and that 15 to 20 years ago when he went to Battersea they where full of greyhounds, on his last visit recently they did not have one.

Was it an RGT kennel you visited?, if not any chance of the Local rescues name.
He also says greyhounds are protected under the AWA - which sadly he has been misinformed on and which is why he has invited evidence of such.

Perhaps if the minister had visited one of the independent greyhound rescues - at a guess I would say there are 50 plus - or one of the 51 RGT branches then he would have seen more than one or two greyhounds awaiting rehoming.
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-02-2010, 03:33 PM
He also says greyhounds are protected under the AWA - which sadly he has been misinformed on and which is why he has invited evidence of such.
I gave you a link where the Minster stated that Greyhounds have the same protection as any other domestcated animal.

You give no link to your statment that the Minster was misinformed and is calling for evidence as such to show he is wrong.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
I gave you a link where the Minster stated that Greyhounds have the same protection as any other domestcated animal.

You give no link to your statment that the Minster was misinformed and is calling for evidence as such to show he is wrong.
20.15 - concern raised regarding the lack of protection for greyhounds under the AWA.

24.45 - minister responds with the AWA is being reviewed next year and will address this issue then.

Jim Fitzpatrick has invited a greyhound protection group to submit evidence regarding the AWA failing to protect greyhounds.

He will respond to that evidence in April.
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-02-2010, 04:24 PM
20.15 - concern raised regarding the lack of protection for greyhounds under the AWA.

24.45 - minister responds with the AWA is being reviewed next year and will address this issue then.

Jim Fitzpatrick has invited a greyhound protection group to submit evidence regarding the AWA failing to protect greyhounds.

He will respond to that evidence in April.
Think the quote 24.45 was a general review of the AWA for all animals, and to look to see if greyhounds need more protection.

His quote at about 25.00 seems to support that
Page 145 of 157 « First < 45 95 135 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 155 > Last »