View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Goodnight Tawney. Step away from your computer. No wonder you've got a headache mate!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2013, 06:34 AM
Sorry to keep this going but the cost was relevant especially if anyone had recognised me from my posts as I have never been back ward at saying we are not highly paid and don't have a lot to spend on anything. So cost would be a huge factor for us.

Neutering will go on the dogs credit card and we will pay it back gradually.

And showing isn't for me one visit to crufts put me off but some dogs love it and I trust people who belong to dogsey to love their dogs enough to make sure they are happy and not forcing their dogs to go anything they are not comfortable with doing.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2013, 07:35 AM
Hi I really believed that being on a forum you were allowed to discuss anything in reason,and not end up being personally assasinated by the few.As for saying I have lost it,I had my OH check the threads,I have tunnel vision,when I see a thread I See a name and then a load of script,my OH was saying that there was a name and then lots of other names quoting narrative.As for buying dogs have rescued a few but mostly bought from reputable breeders,and as for TW saying its fun it may be a big social event for her but not for the dogs involved.I found it very stressful,the show rings but other events were on,so I could miss out the show rings,Gemini54
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-09-2013, 07:43 AM
Well slap my wrists, and feel sorry for my poor new puppy, as he is going to be thrown into that awful world of showing,

Gemini54 ... you have seriously lost the plot

P.S,,,,,,, yes you are allowed to discuss anything , but don`t be surprised when others challenge erratic outbursts.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2013, 08:12 AM
Gemini54
Hi That wasnt my point,and getting personal doesnt change the issue,My point is that other people are pointing out how expensive,but its your choice, At least if a dog is doing a job it gets a reward,if its a custom dog it gets ball,but in the case of showing the dog gets no reward.As far as breeding,at
one time it was thought to be good for the bitch to have at least one litter,but that hs changed as people gain more knowledge.I have seen what happens behind a show ring,arriving at about 6am the dog is combed and primped,put in a cage,taken out on occasions,shown in various classes back to its cage great for the dog being in a cage all.day.I am not a fan,I believe that dogs are bred for various jobs and they are happier doing something even if it isnt the original job.So because a question was asked and a Pet Owner had the audacity to ask if she should breed or not,Someone then started going on about Pet Owners making out that they probably shouldnt do it as they hadnt the know how and I am then told I'm stupid,I was asked in a thread about showing,I do not wish to show agility yes fly ballyes but definately not showing . So because my opinion doesnt match yours,I am regarded as being stupid.I was trying to find someting on the net,after channel 4 exposed the horrors of breeding and showing,a survey was done re ordinary Pet Owners from a well known store asking about breeding and showing 88% were against showing and it wasnt quite as high on the breeding.Gemini54
OMG! Do you genuinely believe what you are writing?

At least if a dog is doing a job it gets a reward,if its a custom dog it gets ball,but in the case of showing the dog gets no reward.As far as breeding,
Do you think a dogs stands in the ring for nothing? No reward? Do you REALLY think they carry themselves the way they do, and move the way they do because they" have" to? Seriously??

As far as breeding,at
one time it was thought to be good for the bitch to have at least one litter,but that hs changed as people gain more knowledge.
Correct, but you seem to think its ok dont you?

I have seen what happens behind a show ring,arriving at about 6am the dog is combed and primped,put in a cage,taken out on occasions,shown in various classes back to its cage great for the dog being in a cage all.day.
Ive never arrives at ANY show at 6.00am. However I would like to believe that you took considerable time on your Afghan, which wouldnt be minutes now would it?? No shows too, imagine that, all that primping and not going anywhere!

I believe that dogs are bred for various jobs and they are happier doing something even if it isnt the original job.
Everybody KNOWS dogs were bred to do jobs, thats why they are here at all. You contradict yourself again by saying they are happier doing something if not their original job. What is showing then?

So because a question was asked and a Pet Owner had the audacity to ask if she should breed or not,Someone then started going on about Pet Owners making out that they probably shouldnt do it as they hadnt the know how and I am then told I'm stupid,
No, you are wrong again, you do not read. **sighs**

So because my opinion doesnt match yours,I am regarded as being stupid
No, you are acting stupid by what you are writing. Contradictory, ill informed and ridiculous.

I was trying to find someting on the net,after channel 4 exposed the horrors of breeding and showing,a survey was done re ordinary Pet Owners from a well known store asking about breeding and showing 88% were against showing and it wasnt quite as high on the breeding.
So what? I dont like agility. I dont like flyball, I HATE dancing with dogs, doesnt mean those that enjoy it cant do it does it? I damn well know that none of them give a monkeys whether I agree with it, if they enjoy it, why would they?? Likewise, what your opinion of showing, or that of others, holds no interest for me, because "I" enjoy it.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-09-2013, 08:33 AM
Gemini54......... just to get things clear here.

What I actually said, was, you are making yourself look stupid due to the erratic way you are writing, you have not read the print as its written, or rather your hubby is not translating it correctly for you, only you are reading what`s not there,
Nikki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2013, 08:44 AM
Can't believe this threads still going

I'm with borderdawn, jackbox and tawneywolf on this.

Everytime a read a thread from gemini I don't understand it.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2013, 09:02 AM
I didn't realise the can of worms I was opening when I started it, all because I had a little dream
Nikki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2013, 09:05 AM
I done the same thing before started a thread and regreted it after

At least you got some good advise
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Indeed I did and thank you all for helping.
Page 14 of 15 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 >