Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
What she actually said, on a forum and thread with breeders in it, was that no breeder could ever meet her expectations. Not the nicest thing to say is it, when people she is conversing with are breeders. Nobody has critisized anyone for getting a rescue, why would they? but its a bit strange to get a dog with a totally unknown background and critisize those who's backgrounds you would have total knowledge on and a current and valid health status.
Which is called hypocrisy, and thats what the issue is all down too!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 05:22 PM
I've still not mastered the multi-quote so I will try to just answer/respond in this post....as I said, sorry if I missed something before...

Here goes...

DD's & Jackbox - the brunt of breeders getting fed up hearing about people who rescue not going to a breeder.....? You all seem to have a bit of an issue with her?

BD - goes both ways, it may not feel great as a breeder hearing that but its only one persons view....not harming anyone or thier pets, making suggestions etc, just a view and personal choice? so I wouldnt get so wound up over it thats all, so I wondered what the actual problem was, thats all.

BM - feel free to clear this up if I'm wrong, but the impression I had for BM's posts was more that she wouldnt fund more pups being bred while rescues are being PTS type of thinking? Not that all breeders are terrible just that she dosn't agree....?

Just that the thread seems to have gone from breeding for health/temp/sound conformation to people insinuating that BM thinks shes better than others? lol just wondering what happened
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 05:24 PM
dobermann... i think some posts have been deleted
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Here goes...

DD's & Jackbox - the brunt of breeders getting fed up hearing about people who rescue not going to a breeder.....? You all seem to have a bit of an issue with her?

Just that the thread seems to have gone from breeding for health/temp/sound conformation to people insinuating that BM thinks shes better than others? lol just wondering what happened
I dont have an issue with BM far from it - all I did was quote her and says I doubt any one would slate someone for helping out a dog, which she suggested had happened - It was the first post I had made on the thread for a while. I do not see how this would come across as me having issues with her.
I dont have a problem with people that go to rescues instead of breeders, something we advise to potential pup owners, and working with rescues ourselves I think its a good thing that someone that can take on a rescue who just wants a pet gives their love and a second chance to a dog in need.
I have also not insinuated that BM think she is better than anyone.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 05:32 PM
DD I wasnt talking about you personally. My post does say 'people'

Tupacs - thanks.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 05:34 PM
You said we all seem to have an issue with her, my name was there - yet I cant for the life of me see why you would think that!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
You said we all seem to have an issue with her, my name was there - yet I cant for the life of me see why you would think that!
well then perhaps my post didnt come across right - your name was there but I did put a question mark at the end of you all seem to have a problem with her....I'm not actually trying to single anyone out or get at you personally.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-02-2011, 05:42 PM
I've still not mastered the multi-quote so I will try to just answer/respond in this post....as I said, sorry if I missed something before...

Here goes...

No , not with her personally, just some of her views, this is not about breeders getting fed up with people going to rescue above them, but the fact BM says no breeder is good enough.

BD - goes both ways, it may not feel great as a breeder hearing that but its only one persons view....not harming anyone or thier pets, making suggestions etc, just a view and personal choice? so I wouldnt get so wound up over it thats all, so I wondered what the actual problem was, thats all.

that its repeated over and over again, people get fed up with it, its that simple.

BM - feel free to clear this up if I'm wrong, but the impression I had for BM's posts was more that she wouldnt fund more pups being bred while rescues are being PTS type of thinking? Not that all breeders are terrible just that she dosn't agree....?

As I said , you need to read other threads, not just this one, its goes back a good way.

Just that the thread seems to have gone from breeding for health/temp/sound conformation to people insinuating that BM thinks shes better than others? lol just wondering what happened :-)
it happens, all the time, threads go off on a tangent
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 05:45 PM

Im not wound up and Im not a breeder either. Personal choice is absolutely fine, of course it is, but to say there are no breeders that could meet her expectations, when those are the very people she is talking to (breeders I mean) is unfair and is bound to raise a few hackles. She then turned it into people "attacking" her for having rescues, when of course there was never any of that at ll, anywhere that I have read nor seen on the thread at all.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Im not wound up and Im not a breeder either.
None of us mentioned have ever bred a litter.
Page 14 of 26 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 > Last »