Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by 1cutedog View Post
As far as I'm aware you can check who is online but it doesn't tell you which thread people are reading.
It does if you go to their profile, if you have the time and can be bothered
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by jols View Post
It is funny though that as soon as I reply I checked the ''who is on line''

and all the people who don't like me are reading it......

so I won't reply anymore and let you all do something else.

x x x x x x
Just incase you do reply....I think people will be reading this thread to find out if Snorri is ok, rather than to read your posts they dont like
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Jols has just highlighted what seems to be the particular characteristic blight of this forum.

It has seemed to me for sometime that when people come up with their posts, that they regard the importance of their opinions, the fact they they can express them louder and blunter than everyone else, and the fact that their opinion should be regarded as authoritative merely on the basis of whom they are, are all much higher priorities than considering the feelings of the others whom they are directing themselves toward.
And it is a hypocrisy, as they invariably make out they are of some higher degree of civilisation.
Like your worst sunday christians, as an analogy.

As a kiwi, it's the main negative cultural trait i note about Brits:
That being the 'opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one' thing.

Jols clearly falls into this trap.
Her posts on here truly are disgusting.
But then snorri decides to write anyone that likes snow must be an idiot...another opinion is like an ******* approach.

Luke has done the same himself before.

Then you have a thread by jimmy law blaming others for his dog being run over.
We all thought hang on a minute, surely that's his responsibility at the end of the day, but it's only human nature to look for others to blame in a tragic situation.
So most of us think of these angles before replying, even though we feel he is in the wrong.
But you just knew someone would be along in a minute with their 'opinions are like *******s' priority...and on cue...as Chrysania admits, "sorry to be a bitch"....

Some, like C & D , Borderdawn, Smokeybear, Jackbox, JodeeUK, Azz, also seem to delight in forcing opinion on others at opportunities.
Then you get great notable, kindly, sympathetic, empathetic people like SLB, Vicky, Wys, Wilbar, whom can point out the same things without the urge to make people feel like ****, or at the least, put their right to be loud and proud over and above anything else.
Dog people like to think they are some sort of special breed.... we love animals, so we must, by defintion, be nicer people, goes the line.
But sorry, dog people can be right *******s.
Im always amazed how people that jump up and down about positive dog training simply cannot apply the same high principle to their fellow humans.

Now, me, what am I? (naturally that would be your thoughts at this point).

I have fallen under the british opinions are like ******* trait in my time....bu folk know on here that i put very high value on dogsey communiques being empathetic and considerate....even to the point of pulling up people when i see this high principle of mine being offended....at which point i am not backward in coming forward on telling people so!
In other words, the only time i allow my opinion to be an ******* is to complain about opinions as *******s.
So i can be labelled a hypocrite as well...fair dues.
The way i see it?
That's always been the way of the world....history has always taken on the characteristic of what it regards as the lesser man to defeat the lesser man.

To my mind, Jols has just been slightly toooooo honest................she has crossed the line carried by many on here, but broke the rules by exposing the game.
Which is a bit too close to home for some people....

Off to either get my tin hat, Infraction (time to put a book down me trouser agen ) , or Nobel Peace Prize.

EDIT:

Sorry i forgot to add:

LOL

(apparently that's a magic wand?...which means everything you write is then ok? .......so im not in trouble now, right?)
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Tad confused about your post KW
But a question, how do I use positive training with jols
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-12-2010, 11:26 PM
finally, we got snow in hertfordshire

yipeeeee
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Sorry to hear of the troubles you're having with the snow Snorri xxx

I'd love to live somewhere so remote and beautiful - you are lucky you have this when there's no snow at least! We got snowed in on Loch Duich the other year - it was very exciting, but we are fully mobile so not as frustrating, and I was SO excited by the fact we couldn't get home so we had to stay on and have a longer holiday in such a beautiful part of the country! But i'm sure if this had have gone on much longer and I was starting to lose money, and run out of food it would be awful!

Plus I imagine you don't meet many too people each day, how wonderful ya lucky sod! Ahh the peace and quiet
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
finally, we got snow in hertfordshire
I love a bit of snow myself KW - in fact it's time for celebration if there's enough to make the place look like a Christmas card!!! (see my thread with pics of it on the somerset levels, where snow is rare indeed).

However I am living with my 77 yr old mother who hates it to bits.... a real Snow Scrooge, won't even look at my photos and can't see anything beautiful in it. (Or refuses to.) So no point me showing off my pics to her or coming in covered in the stuff but happy with a happy dog after a great snow walk (even my cat is loving it!) cos I will get moaned at about the snow on the carpets etc.

Of course she isn't housebound really, but is frightened of walking on icy roads. I have been up at first light clearing snow outside on the pavements using special salt I bought, and a lot of elbow grease. She worries if she can't get to her friends who live just up the road so it's been my mission to make the route safe for her (and at the same time it helps the other people here). Out at dawn clearing snow, it's what you do.... Other neighbours here have looked surprised at me but hey I am firstly helping my mum while knowing my efforts help the community as a whole, so where are all the other people doing their bit...?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

19-12-2010, 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
Some, like C & D , Borderdawn, Smokeybear, Jackbox, JodeeUK, Azz, also seem to delight in forcing opinion on others at opportunities.
Please show me where I have forced my opinion on anyone.

And if you fail to do so, consider yourself banned for a month. Your petty little digs are beginning to irritate me.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-12-2010, 01:07 AM
the religious threads were my forethought.

''forcing of view" is referance to a general psychologcal observation regarding delivery of message, not just content....granted, maybe not the most applicable phrase upon reflection, albeit the rest of my post fleshes out the wider principle well, i think (the opinions are a-holes, everyone has one/british cultural trait was meant to be the main enthisis of the point i was making anyway)

granted, if you are irritated, then i could be irritating, but i am always earnest and genuine in my musings....counter to the play of pettiness.....

......but fair dues if a ban is an easier path to take than a moment of reflection......i have had to take many moments of reflection in my life of late....time is always of a premium when one does so...i suppose blessings can come in disguises?
at least i can work on getting my kiwiness back....
......many thanks for that azz

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well Azz

And Merry Xmas and Happy New Year and fun with, or relief from, the snow, to all

Azz
Administrator
Male 

19-12-2010, 02:34 AM
I don't force my opinions on people. I use reason and logic wherever possible to demonstrate why I believe whatever it is I do, or why I hold such a view.

If your argument is weak, or you can't demonstrate your point I don't see why that is my fault, and it certainly doesn't make me a bad person to press for claims to be substantiated.

I remain as courteous, polite, and sensitive as I can (unless I am dealing with someone who hasn't shown the same courtesy to others/myself) - and if I am accused of anything but, I'll ask that person to show me how to say the same thing, getting the same point across in a manner that is more to their liking (and just for the record - that has never happened).

Forget the ban. I was half-jesting. But please take a moment to think before you accuse people of things in future... especially the admin of the site

Oh, and I'm constantly reflecting - and I often ask for a second opinion from people I trust and look-up to (and who I know will tell me how it is, regardless of whether I'll want to hear it or not).
Page 14 of 18 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »