Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Course I'm happy - my 3 month old has been giving me the most wonderful beams and gurgles for a while now and yesterday he was so funny - getting himself all worked up, little arms and legs going, trying to roll over. Now that makes me happy.
OMG, I'm so jealous, what a lovely post!!! xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
OMG, I'm so jealous, what a lovely post!!! xx
Aw thank you. x
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-11-2010, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Your post did act as a useful reminder tho - that 'most' people have been so dumbed down by the media/celebrity culture
i agree with this.
other examples like grieving for diana or michael jackson like they were your personal friends or relatives.

im not common folk, btw.

i dont think people view the royal family in the same context as 'celebrity' anyway.
more like 'institution', like the BBC, parliament, etc.

it seems tax payers are only paying the security?
and the tourism tills will vastly outstrip this?

most people will be glad that a national institution and symbol of our culture has some good news to cheers us up, and will see it from that POV.

the royals are lot more 'common' to the rest of than the politicians, sportsmen, businessmen, movie star, or other celebrities.

whereas these groups represent greed and self service, the royals tend to represent social awareness and duty.

so this wedding will be a unifying even for a nation that dearly needs it these days.
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-11-2010, 08:08 AM
and it is something that cannot be spoilt or ruined by people of other faiths [i am using my words carefully here].

For example calling CHRISTMAS the winter festival as they have done in Plymouth as to not offend.................and taking the pig out of a christmas toy as to not to offend...

I would like to go to a certain country and eat a bacon sandwich singing away in a manger and see what happens ....i would be shot i expect.........

sorry for the digression.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I never said we were, for sure - hence my first post in this thread. My comments after that are based on the premise it is (after the reply I was given).

If they're paying for it themselves then it's none of my business. I do find that kind of opulences a little revolting, but that's my personal view. Fwiw, I actually think William is 'ok' - from what I've read/heard about him.
Now you know when will this come into effect?
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post

I wouldn't describe said platform as unremarkable, its hardly like she comes from the local council estate! Just because her parents worked for their money, she went to a lovely school, she was well educated and went to a primarily public school University. It is nice to see that he chose for love though, but I think to describe her as middle class would be inaccurate.
Bring your dogs and come for a walk with me around Surrey or Hampshire or Sussex or Thames Valley. They are stuffed full of people like the Middletons and you get a glimpse of their lives from the footpaths and bridleways that go alongside their houses. Then you would see why I think there is nothing remarkable about them - in the context of the South East of England.
Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 11 12 13 14