View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gemsoph
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2010, 12:28 PM
All i no is where i bought her from i have no papers. she has had a fair few trips to the vets over the past year! can you put pictures on this site?
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Did the woman she came from breed her? Id give her a bell and ask for parentage info. And how much did she charge you out of interest? Also what about your mums dog where did he come from? can his 'breeder' be contacted for history?

My boy comes from good health tested working/show stock and to me he is gorgeous and perfect. Would i breed from him? NO he can win rossies at open shows but isnt champ show material and i can be honest and say he is a bit straight through his thigh/hock and hes not the most confident chap compared to others I have seen. If someone offered me thousands of pounds to use him on their bitch I would refuse. His confirmation isnt perfect and there are better dogs out there. I couldnt sleep at night worrying about what happened to his babies and I am not in a position to take back pups/dogs that dont work out in their homes.

Would you buy a car with no MOT and drive your kids round in it?
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 12:44 PM
So, you have a rehomed bitch with no papers
No health tests on either dam or sire
You've just said she has been to the vet several times this year, so not in great health?
How old is the Sire?
You don't have the first idea about breeding, or caring for puppies.

You keep asking about the cost of an injection or spay, and yet, you are willing to let this pregnancy continue, how will you afford the cost of the pups, that is without any complications?

Can you accept that sometimes things go terribly wrong, and you could lose the puppies ,or your bitch, or both?

Reading the above list ,do you really think you should be allowing this to continue?

Can I ask you, are in a position to keep, or take back the puppies if their new homes don't work out? No matter how old they are?

PLEASE, take your girl to the vets, and get the injection,be responsible
gemsoph
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2010, 12:45 PM
yes both people can be contacted and as far as im aware she didnt breed my bitch but how do i no for sure. My bitch was 1 when i bought her and i paid £350. This is cheap i no. The man i no who owns 2 mastiffs paid £1000 each for his. Have you got any pictures of your dog? can i upload pictures to the site? ty
gemsoph
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2010, 12:49 PM
yes she is rehomed and i love her very much, the sire is around 18 months old. And just to be very CLEAR i havent said im going to let my bitch go through with the pregnancy ( thats if she even is pregnant) so please read abit more carefully, where have i said i am going to let my bitch have the pups?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by gemsoph View Post
And where abouts do they give the injection?
In the veterinary surgery, generally.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-05-2010, 12:51 PM
I posted a thread yesterday wanting help really as my bitch mated on sunday with my mums bullmastiff, i didnt no she was on heat they got tyed for about 5 minutes. I am not a breeder and only have slight knowledge on breeding. I have rang the vet and they told me she can have a injection upto 2 weeks after the mating happened, i dont no the cost of this?? My bitch is still bleeding i have noticed a few spots of light redish blood, even still today. For the past few weeks her nipples and underneath changed colour they went dark brown colour but today ive noticed them turning pink from the bottom the tips are still brown. I no there could be a possible pregnancy here but do not no for sure and will not no untill a few weeks so the vet can confirm it, but before i let it get that far i am thinking of getting this injection for her to stop the pregnancy.

What breed is your bitch?

ok and is this costly? to have her spayed. what will the vet do at 4 weeks?

Phone them up and ask them, or better still take her to the vet today or tomorrow, and instead of askign her, they will give you the cost and all the advice you need,
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 12:53 PM
yes she is rehomed and i love her very much, the sire is around 18 months old. And just to be very CLEAR i havent said im going to let my bitch go through with the pregnancy ( thats if she even is pregnant) so please read abit more carefully, where have i said i am going to let my bitch have the pups?
I don't doubt that you do care for her, but you are not being responsible.

TBH the fact that you are sat here typing, and not rushing her to the vets, speaks volumes to me

That was my dog, she would of been straight to the vets.

If your vet won't see her,change vets, though I have never heard of vet, that would do that.

Can you answer my question, are you in a position to take back these pups, whatever their age ,if their new homes don't work out?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 12:55 PM
so please read abit more carefully, where have i said i am going to let my bitch have the pups?
that would be in your original post. Which I see you`ve altered to erase the `I wanted my bitch to have one litter because it will calm her down` statement you made originally. Some of us have very good memories. As I recall, you also said you had stood there with the dogs `trying to clam them down (your spelling)`. And that the dog`s `manhood` was still big when it came out and your bitch was yelping and crying.

mods - is it possible to get the original post back?
gemsoph
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2010, 12:57 PM
No i wouldnt. And im typing for advise and to learn new things, i do not drive and have 2 children at home with me so they come first tyvm i cant just up and go to the vets right this second.
Page 14 of 24 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »