how are they all today?
Was wondering this myself...
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Was wondering this myself...
poor cody has to have his ear done today, Im wondering how much of it they will have to cut away, there must be so much dead tissue with it being left off over night. poor sole
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
poor cody has to have his ear done today, Im wondering how much of it they will have to cut away, there must be so much dead tissue with it being left off over night. poor sole
Poor boy, yes I guess they will have to do some cutting back of dead tissue before they reattach his ear.

Hope all dogs had a good night, poor meg , having to deal with Skin cancer too..

Any news ????????????
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2009, 02:22 PM
good grief!!!!! I just read through this and just can't believe it. What a shocking thing you all went through and the horrible aftermath for you all.
Hope things are starting to come back to something like normal for you and that all the lovely dogs are feeling better soon......and you too of course.
stanfan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Hope everything ok...checking back when I can...sending more gentle healing hugs xxxxxxxxxxx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Good grief, with all that bad luck happening you must feel like you've been jinxed.

I hope you all get over this ordeal soon and your dogs make a speedy recovery.

Originally Posted by Freysterdewdrop View Post
man is being prosicuted for drinking in a public place, for failing to keeping the dog under control (he had been orded to have the dog muzzled and on a harness when walked) and for theft.
I have to say I can't fathom that at all? Why would the police order him to have the dog muzzled and on a harness, when it isn't even his dog - he stole it?

He said he cant have a dog like that because he has kids
Dog aggression and human aggression dont run hand in hand, It doesent sound like the dog was aggressive to people, just the dogs, the park rangers managed to restrain the dog without being bitten, that and kids really shouldnt be out with dogs alone.

which is sort of bizzare given its a security dog I guess.
If Marius had been stolen and then out of the blue I was contacted by police to say he had attacked randomly whilst out with the robber - the very last thing I would say would be for them to PTS without questioning first. I'd be demanding to know the full story and also go straight to where they were holding him along with my Solicitor!!

As Shona says, it isn't necessarily a problem that transcends to human aggression. My Jasper was fear aggressive with other dogs, but would NEVER ever have harmed a human. Sad that the owner shouldn't realize this, especially when it was a trained security/guard, he should have known better.

I have to say, Im very impressed with the speed at which the police handled this, even taking the man and dog into cusdody which is nigh unheard of round here for dog on dog attacks,
then to find out so quickly the dog was stolen, find the real owner and so on. Now thats fast.
Me too! I've never known police to react that fast!! There was a lady on our estate whose dog was attacked and she reported it to our local station, several days later she rang them again as nobody had bothered to contact her! They must be a lot more on the ball in your region.

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Poor boy, yes I guess they will have to do some cutting back of dead tissue before they reattach his ear.
Does anyone else find it strange that the vet waited to do this? I'd have thought it was paramount to re-attach it immediately? I would have thought the longer they left it, the harder it would be to save as the tissue will die? Isn't that why people who lose limbs have to keep them in ice and have the surgeon re-attach within a very limited time frame?

Any further news?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Good grief, with all that bad luck happening you must feel like you've been jinxed.

I hope you all get over this ordeal soon and your dogs make a speedy recovery.

I have to say I can't fathom that at all? Why would the police order him to have the dog muzzled and on a harness, when it isn't even his dog - he stole it?

If Marius had been stolen and then out of the blue I was contacted by police to say he had attacked randomly whilst out with the robber - the very last thing I would say would be for them to PTS without questioning first. I'd be demanding to know the full story and also go straight to where they were holding him along with my Solicitor!!

As Shona says, it isn't necessarily a problem that transcends to human aggression. My Jasper was fear aggressive with other dogs, but would NEVER ever have harmed a human. Sad that the owner shouldn't realize this, especially when it was a trained security/guard, he should have known better.

Me too! I've never known police to react that fast!! There was a lady on our estate whose dog was attacked and she reported it to our local station, several days later she rang them again as nobody had bothered to contact her! They must be a lot more on the ball in your region.

Does anyone else find it strange that the vet waited to do this? I'd have thought it was paramount to re-attach it immediately? I would have thought the longer they left it, the harder it would be to save as the tissue will die? Isn't that why people who lose limbs have to keep them in ice and have the surgeon re-attach within a very limited time frame?

Any further news?
If Im being honest Anne-Marie, I find so much strange in the way the vet has handled this,
he stitched up and closed all of freys wounds 67 stitches
infection would be a massive worry for me,

he re-attatched codys ear under a local, due to the dog being in shock and having lost blood and claws, but didnt feel it could wait overnight even though the dog was in shock.
yet the next day when the dog was not in shock and the ear was taken off again when he got in a fight with meg, he thought the injury could wait over night,!

this whole pantomime is really concerning, more so as a rottie is playing the lead roll as a bad guy,
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2009, 08:31 PM
If Im being honest Anne-Marie, I find so much strange in the way the vet has handled this,

he re-attatched codys ear under a local, due to the dog being in shock and having lost blood and claws, but didnt feel it could wait overnight even though the dog was in shock.
yet the next day when the dog was not in shock and the ear was taken off again when he got in a fight with meg, he thought the injury could wait over night,!

this whole pantomime is really concerning, more so as a rottie is playing the lead roll as a bad guy,

Worst little begger I owned was a JRT.....she could tackle anything, even a leading Rotti.........she must of been one in a former life I think

Hope Cody,Meg and Frey are doing ok
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Thanks for all your hugs. The police came round about 6 and took pics of cody's, meg's and my cuts and bruises. Got to the vets about half 6 to take pics of frey and take her blankie and her baby ( cuddly panda) when she herd me she started wagging her tail! I went to the hospital. Checked and cleaned, nothing broke. Left with a pescription for pain killers and antibiotics. Oh and a horrible tetnus. Now at home and on the second bottle of wine and the hundredth chocolate bar. Feeling slighty better. The original owner of the dog has requested that he be pts.

To be honest I also wondered why the vet stitched up all those wounds, I know my vet would leave bite wounds open to drain, stitching up such wounds will not allow any discharge to drain.

Re= the highlighted Shona, yes, thats the sad part of all this... another nasty Rotti.

Something I was also wondering , is how 4 wardens manged to make this man stay put, they have no jurisdiction over him, what happened to the mans 3 kids that were with him, where they kept prisoner too.

How did the police find out the dog was stolen, did the man volunteer this info to them freely, was he the one who stole it from down south... surely for the police to insist the dog was muzzled, they woudl have to go through a procedure to do so, not just tell the owner to do so.

How did the police get from taking pics (evidence) of the dogs at home to the vets all in 30 mins... ???
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Mmmmm reading these last few posts has me thinking too.
Closed Thread
Page 14 of 23 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »