View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Tut, as if. Trouble is, his lordship is whining because he wants to go to sleep........put them up and I will have to look at them tomorrow.

MEN

night night
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Evening all, late on again.

Been one of those nights where I have hardly been near t'internet.

I did see a question earlier in the post that I thought I had a suggestion for but can't remember what it was. Wasn't TW's problem though. Hope you can get that clean with the brake cleaning stuff.

Tang, I love the pic of Bella lurking under a pile of cushions

Helena, sounds like you are as busy as me

This morning I was playing hockey with the third years, up against a tall well built lassie who plays Ice hockey Eek! I survived

The rest of the day was usual, modern studies...learning about the Scottish Additional members system...I think I kinda understand it..maybe. Then two periods of Home economics, geography and finally English. Was a nice day.

After getting petrol, got home and went for a run, did just under 7k. I was upset and annoyed with my brother, not only did he take nothing to do with Dad when he was dying, or when he died, he is now refusing to contact me, has unfriended me on a website we are not allowed to name and blocked me even though he is still friends with my husband. I am more hurt than I am anything else cause I protected him from Mum for long enough, at his request, he was scared I was angry after Dad died, I said I wasn't and he wasn't mad at me so I am not sure where this came from. I am quite hurt by him though.

However, after the run its not bothering me quite so much.

I have decided that not filling out the SAAS forms for the next OU course is a blessing in disguise. I could do with a year off. Glad to have some time, just have to get the exam for the one I am doing right now out of the way and I will be able to chill somewhat.

The rest of my evening, well, usual, dinner, watching TV with Brian. Now going to do a little bit of study before sleep.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 10:20 PM
Another busy day Lore
If it was my brother I would face to face ask him what's up?Family fall outs can go on forever over something very simple,like a misunderstanding in what was said.I know you're not to blame but your obviously the bigger person,if he refuses to contact you after that then you'll always know you tried.Really hope it turns out ok,have had enough on your plate lately xx
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 10:25 PM
Eileen I haven't gone to see him cause I can't face him slamming the door in my face. I have however, sent him a text asking him if he is not speaking to me to at least have the decency to say why. I am fed up of molly coddling him. He refused to have anything to do with Dad even when I begged him to come see Dad cause it was one of the last things Dad wanted. He refused. He said he 'couldn't deal with it', so preferred to leave me to cope. I am just annoyed with him now. Wanted so much to tell him to grow a pair. He refuses to see that Mum is ill and that is why she acted the way she did...he just remembers the hurt she caused.

I can understand that but it's time to let it go, the woman is sick, there's not much she can do about it.

For the moment I have decided to leave him, he will come back in his own time if he wants to, if not, well to be honest he can stew.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 10:29 PM
With some people,the better you are to them,the worse your treated. try not to worry too much,like you said he'll most likely come round xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Lore, I had the same sort of stuff with my brother over my mother. He just sort of left me to deal with it all. He was up here with his OH to see her family and I met him for a coffee and found out he hadn't been to see mum. I just said to him, right do you want me to let you know when the funeral is or shall I just contact you when its all over. He looked a bit taken aback, but after that he did start taking some interest.
The problem was that she had accused him of stealing her money, just the same as she did with me, only I had also stolen her car and furniture as well apparently. It upset me, but he was somehow convinced she could make it 'stick' as it were, as he works in banking something like that could finish him. So he stopped going over to see her when he was up here because of it, if he didn't see her, she couldn't accuse him of anything!!!
It will be something like that I bet that is causing your brother to act like he is. You are the one who has drawn the sh!tty end of the stick unfortunately!!!
Off to do girlie brekkies now
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-09-2013, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Tang, yes I am doing something wrong, but what I use Ctr C to copy the image code from Tinypic and then I paste it into the Dogsey post but it doesn't show, then I have to go back and edit out the http dogsey.com bit and one [IMG] at the beginning and another one at the end.

Why does that happen it's driving me mad
What you are doing wrong is using Ctr to copy the image code from TinyPic - this is what you should do:

1 - Left click in IMG code [it will go black]

2 - Right click to get drop-down menu

3 - Left click on COPY

4 - Back to where you want it on Dogsey

5 - Right click to get drop-down menu

6 - Left click on PASTE

Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
What you are doing wrong is using Ctr to copy the image code from TinyPic - this is what you should do:

1 - Left click in IMG code [it will go black]

2 - Right click to get drop-down menu

3 - Left click on COPY

4 - Back to where you want it on Dogsey

5 - Right click to get drop-down menu

6 - Left click on PASTE

OK will try it now

OMG it works so what's the little icon at the top with the mountain all about I thought you needed to click on that to get pictures into Dogsey, of well at least I've got it written down now and might even start to post a few more from time to time.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-09-2013, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
OK will try it now

OMG it works so what's the little icon at the top with the mountain all about I thought you needed to click on that to get pictures into Dogsey, of well at least I've got it written down now and might even start to post a few more from time to time.
Of course it works - after all, who taught you how to use it in the first place?

OK, the icon with the mountain in the Format section at the top is if you just have an http wotsit code - enter the http code into it and it adds the necessary IMG codes. With TinyPic you already have the IMG code so all you need to do is just copy and paste it directly where you want it.

Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-09-2013, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
With TinyPic you already have the IMG code so all you need to do is just copy and paste it directly where you want it.
Right now I get it

And I meant it worked for me (Not that the instructions were wrong) I can 'nouse' things up even with the most comprehensive instructions
Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 11 12 13 14