Female 

13-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Bless her little heart More healing vibes for your beautiful girl xx
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Oh heck, that 'wound' looks bad, but probably looks worse in the photo than in reality. Don't know much about medical stuff but it does look dry and clean and I guess that's the important thing. I agree with you that in the second photo she's looking bemused, like 'what happened to my leg, I don't remember getting into any fights'

But still much in admiration of the two of you doing the shifts, and as you say she's not had to use the lampshade yet.

With your TLC I'm sure she'll be bouncing around very soon, once again I say "Well done"
Thank you, Harvey. That was just after we took the last of the dressing off, so she was not amused at all!

She is fine now though, ate all her dinner with her crushed meds mixed through it, so that was good. So far she has eaten every meal we've given her with her meds!

I just feel to sorry for her as she's hopping on it when she gets taken out to the toilet, so it must be sore and uncomfortable. I just hope the painkillers are taking the edge off it as it looks quite sore, poor girl!

What we've decided to do is put a very light bandage type thing round it at night (a fresh one each night, of course), which seems to keep her more settled and less likely to annoy her, then we'll remove it during the day to let the air get at it. Hopefully that will be ok!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Oh hon, she'll be fine, just you wait and see.....

x0x
I hope so, Vicki, I really do. I just feel so sorry for her.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Bless her little heart More healing vibes for your beautiful girl xx
Thank you. xx
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post

What we've decided to do is put a very light bandage type thing round it at night (a fresh one each night, of course), which seems to keep her more settled and less likely to annoy her, then we'll remove it during the day to let the air get at it. Hopefully that will be ok!
Just keep your eyes peeled. We got to 10 days with Star not bothering then she decided to pull out her stitches which resulted in her leg being stapled
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-02-2012, 07:51 AM
What a cutie! Who needs to talk when you can express yourself so clearly with a look?

Loads of Aloe Vera gel helps ease the itching as the hair grows back.

Hope she keeps on recovering well. xx
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by GirondeDeb View Post
What a cutie! Who needs to talk when you can express yourself so clearly with a look?

Loads of Aloe Vera gel helps ease the itching as the hair grows back.

Hope she keeps on recovering well. xx
Thank you. You're right, her face speaks a thousand words, poor soul!

I've got some aloe vera gel so will definitely use that when the wound has healed a bit more.

I've ordered one of these comfy cone things for her for the next couple of weeks or so:

http://www.treatsforpets.net/shop/in...od&productId=4

Wish I'd remembered about them sooner! They'll come in handy of the years as well, I'm sure. Plus that size will fit Molly, too, if ever needed.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Aww, poor thing. Looks like she's healing well though.

Helen
Pysces
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Aww, she's gorgeous! Hope her recovery goes well.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 12:05 PM
UPDATE! And it's a brilliant one I'm thrilled to say!

The head Oncologist surgeon phoned this morning - Roxy's tumour was the lowest great and her lymph nodes were clear! She will not need any radiotherapy or chemotherapy!

The surgeon said that they were really pleased with the good margins they managed to get, despite the tumour being in a very difficult area to treat. They said said she's a very lucky and happy girl and is obviously taken very good care of!

We've to keep a close eye on her for any more lumps and bumps, particularly in that area on her leg, and get her straight to the vet to be checked out if any appear, which we will do of course.

We are all absolutely over the moon at this news! And so are the vet school staff who were dealing with Roxy, they are as delighted as us! You could hear it in his voice and he said so, too!

Thank you so much, everyone, for all the very kind thoughts, positive vibes and wishes for myself and Roxy. They have been amazing. You're fantastic. xxx
Page 14 of 22 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »