View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spot
Dogsey Veteran

18-06-2008, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Wouldnt argue with the death penalty no.

Dogs know the difference dont they? I mean how can they be "scared of kids" but not adults, if some people are saying they are scared of them because they abused them? Surely that means they do know the difference?
So also they cannot defend themselves from adults who abuse them?

As far as Im aware from my abused dogs - no they dont know the difference - how on earth can dogs differentiat between those abusing them? As you've said they are dogs they react as dogs do not human.

Do you really expect a dog to sit there being battered by a child and think oh its only a child hitting me with a stick or sticking a pencil in my ear and inflicting an enormous amount of pain but I wont react cuz its not an adult?
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 12:23 AM
Thats your opinion,
It was the vets opinion

I really dont agree,
Luckily for the dog it was`nt your opinion on whom his life rested

if any Vet witnessed what they consider as "absolute cruelty" it is ther duty to report it,
The vet did`nt witness the cruelty as it was taking place, the vet had to make a decision on the spot in order to save the life of an abused dog.

perhaps your vet just didnt see that.
[ She ] was`nt my vet

I didnt mention that, you did! It "seems"
You said "I dont agree that "punching back" is right either, honestly cant grasp it at all"

It `seems` pretty clear to me
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
It was the vets opinion

Luckily for the dog it was`nt your opinion on whom his life rested

The vet did`nt witness the cruelty as it was taking place, the vet had to make a decision on the spot in order to save the life of an abused dog.
OOPS! silly me, it actually is if they see what they suspect or consider to be absolute cruelty. thought that was obvious.

[ She ] was`nt my vet
Point being?

You said "I dont agree that "punching back" is right either, honestly cant grasp it at all"

It `seems` pretty clear to me
Yeah i know.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-06-2008, 12:27 AM
#
Of course I see it as wrong, my word I do, but still I could never ever put a higher value on a dog, nor would I. Adults are responsible for their actions, but not children, not in many cases.
So you hold Robert Thompson and Jon Venables parent responsible then do you? At what point in your book does a child become responsible then, bearing in mind that they can be a witness in court. Are the court wrong. Are we all wrong and your right?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
So also they cannot defend themselves from adults who abuse them?

As far as Im aware from my abused dogs - no they dont know the difference - how on earth can dogs differentiat between those abusing them? As you've said they are dogs they react as dogs do not human.

Do you really expect a dog to sit there being battered by a child and think oh its only a child hitting me with a stick or sticking a pencil in my ear and inflicting an enormous amount of pain but I wont react cuz its not an adult?
Ok, why do some dogs target say German Shepherds? is it fair to assume they may of been attacked by one and remember it? Therefore they "recognise" that type of dog. Lots of dogs dont like people in hats for instance, or people with long coats on, all sorts, they certainly "differenntiate" between them and make decisions based on it.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-06-2008, 12:30 AM
Pathetic Colin. Oh and the dog never bit anyone either, adult or human.
No it's not, because if a dog can't defend itself, what is it supposed to do?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 12:30 AM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
So you hold Robert Thompson and Jon Venables parent responsible then do you? At what point in your book does a child become responsible then, bearing in mind that they can be a witness in court. Are the court wrong. Are we all wrong and your right?
I dont have a book Colin, and I am not a child psycholigist or analyst. I do know however that many children do not have the understanding that others may of the same age, so obviously cannot be held responsible for their actions at any age. What I think is immaterial to cases such as you have mentioned, and quite honestly I dont see the relevance.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 12:34 AM
Dogs know the difference dont they? I mean how can they be "scared of kids" but not adults, if some people are saying they are scared of them because they abused them? Surely that means they do know the difference?
Not in the way you think they `should`, no. They recognise that they are smaller and have higher pitched voices, that`s about it, but its enough to associate other similarly sized and sounding humans to being `like the one that hurt them`, same as some dogs are fearful of all men because of being beaten by one, or fearful of all women because they were beaten by one, it`s more association than recognition.

Also, dogs don`t tend to be able to ask for birth certificates when trying to defend themselves from a beating or having stones or bricks thrown at them so that they`ll know the small abuser is more fragile than an adult one.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
No it's not, because if a dog can't defend itself, what is it supposed to do?
depends what you see as defence I suppose, a few minutes ago you were talking about getting over a fence, no defending themselves there is there? i mean nobody was hitting them?
spot
Dogsey Veteran

18-06-2008, 12:35 AM
Ok, why do some dogs target say German Shepherds? is it fair to assume they may of been attacked by one and remember it? Therefore they "recognise" that type of dog. Lots of dogs dont like people in hats for instance, or people with long coats on, all sorts, they certainly "differenntiate" between them and make decisions based on it.
But you expect dogs to differentiate at the time of the abuse? Something/someone is inflicting pain either by beating or shoving something into it or kicking it whatever?

What about if its for the first time? A child comes up kicks the dog, stuffs a pencil in its ear enough to cause serious damage and its all of a sudden supposed to know the difference - oh its a small human being so I shouldnt react?

How about the same scenario with an adult?
Closed Thread
Page 14 of 31 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 > Last »