Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
How many dogs have you returned?
I have returned one pup to Guide Dogs who is doing exceptionally well. He was returned because I did not have the time to commit to the training regime anymore and it was getting worse and worse. I hasten to add a puppy walking training regime is far more time consuming than a pet dog training regime. The pup went straight from me to a friend who has been in constant touch so I could let her know his quirks and she keeps me informed of how he's doing.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 04:09 PM
So how will you have time for a new pup? How long ago was he returned?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Did you actually read my last post?
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Let me know when you want the brightlight and the nipple clamps
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Ok PMSL.............
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Please dont be dramatic "kcjacks tirade" no just my opinion if you post then surely people who disagree are allowed to post.
And it really narks me as this thread comes across that all rescues are vicious or have issues which is not the case at all, infact I know more numptys with predigrees that are out of control.
And also having a dog for an afternoon will never show you what the dog is truly like as buying a puppy wont it takes a long time and patience to develop them and make them into what you want.

Your quote "bringing in the wrong rescue dog could knock my young dogs confidence totally and physically harm my older dog" No they are not all savages and the dogs temperament should of been assessed at the rescue already.
Now who's being over dramatic

Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
UPDATE
Today we took Cosmo back. We met the man with Mr C and they said hi on the lead...fine. Went for a walk....fine they showed absolutely no interest in each other whatsoever...I really mean no interest at all. Mr C was too busy bouncing and playing tug on his lead and Cosmo was sniffing.

I asked if I could see them offlead and I sat down in a corner on a chair in the training area. Godd thing is there was no hint of aggression at any point. They shared a water bowl and the same space, no problems.

BUT
and it is a big one for me.
They only came together twice. On both occassions Mr C humped Cosmo, he did stop when the worker told him to, but Cosmo had approached him both times and both times he got humped.
Now Cosmo is actually a girl in disguise....(seriously) he is the least macho dog out there,he does try to hump Biff but that is very definitely playful. He freaks when dogs hump him. Now this was both occassions they came together. Bearing in mind MR C wasn't allowed off lead around Biff yesterday there is a big concern for me. I can't have a young (large) dog coming in and humping my boys for England, it would shatter Cosmo's confidence and injure Biff....
The rescue are happy all has gone well as there was no aggression.
I am not happy as when the humping wasn't going on there was no interest at all.

For me....at this stage (and no doubt I will be shot down in flames for it) this dog is not right for us. He is absolutely lovely...but not right for my pack.

ETA we had initially been told he was wary of young bouncy dogs...so we had thought he would be calm enough around other dogs for our pack to work for him...
I don't claim to be experienced but I know for a fact Woody does this alot when he is around dogs he knows are not too comfortable with him. EG Cosmo wasn't "feeling" Mr C and he picked up on it.

I think your right he isnt right for you and also will take months for the hormones to settle down as its not instantly.
Will you be buying a puppy now if so will you ask the breeder for terms where you have the pup stay a few days before deciding wether to keep?
You can do this? No, you can't so don't ruin it by making childish snidey comments. Most of your points have been very interesting and valid, you've just put them across in such an over dramatic, heated way.

Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Let me know when you want the brightlight and the nipple clamps
Tres Drole.

Ramble. I do not see anything wrong in what you have tried to do here at all. You genuinely have everyone's best interests at heart, have tried to see if it would work and now realised it wont. On to the next thing and keep trying, the right thing will pop up and as you say, there is no rush and time to explore all avenues. xx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Fanks Pidgey
xxxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 04:32 PM
sorry PC playing up duplicate post
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Ramble have just read this what you wrote 12 weeks ago

"Thought I should update on what's been happening here.
I have been finding it very hard to juggle motherhood,work,a year old FCR, a poorly/aging 12 and a half year old cross breed and a pup with specific training requirements. There are not enough hours in my days....
I realised about 2 weeks ago life was not how I wanted it to be. My son ended up in casualty one weekend with a splinter under his finger and we went for lunch whilst an LA worked...it dawned on me then that I hadn't spent any decent length of time just being with him since the pup arrived. At the same time a wonderful, kind member on here PM'd asking if I was ok as I didn't seem to be myself. I shouldn't have been surprised as she is a very wise and kind lady, but I was surprised that the way I was feeling was becoming obvious,even on here.
Suffice to say,after much chatting and soul searching we have decided we just haven't got the time to commit to the pup and he leaves to go to other walkers tomorrow.

I do feel awful, but at least we tried. I know he will be very much loved where he is going and that he will settle in no time. I do however, feel it is for the best as I feel like a weight has been lifted since the decision was made. If he was a pet, it would be different,but he isn't, he has specific needs which we feel we can't meet, so in fairness to him, it is best we let him go. "

It seems you just playing trial and error to me which isnt fair on any of these dogs.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Three months is a long time for circumstances to change and times to now be right.
Closed Thread
Page 14 of 23 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »