Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Manuka
New Member!
Female 

28-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Mine WAS the original post and I answered by saying they should be neutered and live out their lives naturally, as was here
That is one of the things DNB is fighting for, the main problem being that the register was closed some years ago, and has had to be forceably opened again via the courts. And of course whilst that was happening, dogs where is kennels and is some cases, most definately suffering.

If anyone feels that they can help DNB, please please do. On here, and other forums this is very much a just a theoretical discussion, DNB is standing in court next to people directly affected, are providing behavioursts and evidence and experts where needed, who have the expertise and qualifications necessary that DOES make them experts in their fields, but most importantly, they are dog carers, who do care, who do care as much about children and families as they do their dogs, and are striving to get a change in law for be benefit of both dogs and people. If you can, please help.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Again, I've not been rude to you, so dont be rude to me, it's a discussion thread, you have your opinion, I have mine, you dont need to speak to me like a child, nor do you have the right to.
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
I'm not been rude
See below.......

Sal
which part of that don't you understand????
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2007, 07:11 PM
See below.......
Yes a Question so what part of it did you not understand?
Manuka
New Member!
Female 

28-12-2007, 07:18 PM
There's nothing arrogant about being able to identify a breed !! No need to be so rude, I havent been rude to you, and I dont expect it in return.....!

As for dogs from welfares etc, they will have paperwork to back it up which cannot be disputed etc.
Being rude ? I was replying to the quote in the tone it was written.

Dogs from rescues have been seized. The rescue paperwork means about as much as KC registration papers. They are worth nothing, not even the paper they are written on. They are not being disputed, they are, under the law irrelevent. These dogs are being judged on their looks alone. Nothing else.

So what do you suggest we do with all the legal dogs that look like type ?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Callum View Post
I am aware you are the orig OP. again I refered to the original post by "wiped out" NOT the case mentioned.

So you have suggested a "WIPING OUT" of ALL pitbull dogs globally? Or only in the US or only in the UK?

Can you tell me how you would ID PB dogs correctly and how you would see the wiping out being achieved? Im presuming you would want to inc PB crosses?
What about "TYPE" do you think all PB TYPE should be wiped out as is the descriptor in the UK?
Well IMO PB have largely been extinguished in the UK so similar can be applied elsewhere. PB are already illegal in some states I believe, I think it works fairly well there although I dont know how they police it.

With regard to "type" again, same as here, many "types" were seized here recently, very very few were PTS, I think the authorities are better aware of what these dogs are now.
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-12-2007, 07:30 PM
pits are not illegal here, you just have to carry a large liability insurance to own one in a city,they will never ban them because there are so many who choose to own them, they are everywhere and people love them
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by Manuka View Post
Being rude ? I was replying to the quote in the tone it was written.
I wasnt speaking in a 'tone' in the first place, not sure where you dreamt that up !

I have nothing further to say to you, as you cant seem to be polite.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Well IMO PB have largely been extinguished in the UK so similar can be applied elsewhere. PB are already illegal in some states I believe, I think it works fairly well there although I dont know how they police it.

With regard to "type" again, same as here, many "types" were seized here recently, very very few were PTS, I think the authorities are better aware of what these dogs are now.
I agree
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post
pits are not illegal here, you just have to carry a large liability insurance to own one in a city,they will never ban them because there are so many who choose to own them, they are everywhere and people love them
I know what you mean BJ , I have a friend whom used to live here a few years back He now lives in the states he has 4 of them and says there the best dog he has ever owned
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Yes a Question so what part of it did you not understand?
The sarcasm isn't needed in a genuine question. I have nothing further to add if you cannot see that !
Closed Thread
Page 14 of 37 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 > Last »