Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Well....what can I say....?

Tara has been dozing, weeing in the garden but only weeing on waking up and after her dinner, we have had NO accidents today :P

I now look back and think, OH MY GOD was I neurotic or what???

Can I thank everyone of you for your sane words of comfort, and Tara sends everyone a big Wolfie hug.

It does mean however that I will have to go to the Gym to keep up the exercise I was getting from leaping out of the chair every few seconds to rush to the door....LOL

We can now put these last few weeks behind us.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 12:29 PM
excellent news glad she is getting better xxx
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Well Tara has her apatite thats for sure, the little madam went very quiet and I wondered where she had got too, I called and called and then found her....

With her head in the food bin..she has manage to open the Pantry door and help herself :laugh:

So I confronted her and this is what happened...

A few seconds to see if I had something more tasty then........

Back in the trough :P :laugh:

What a madam!!

Then my Dad came round to visit and he had to have puppy cuddles :laugh: ....HAD NO CHOICE with Tara..

OH bless
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Tara will 6 months old on 5th March, time has flown by and we have been through the Mill with her recently, what with her UTI and the scare it could have been Liver Shunt as well.

She is an adorable creature and starting to grow out of the gangly dinosaur look and developing into the amazing Wolfhound she will be as an adult.

She is still not DRY overnight, but getting better, and everyone feels this could be because she was poorly for a month and got used to going due to her water infection etc, so end of this month she will be going back into her crate overnight to see if this helps.

We also had problems with D&V, but I think I have solved that problem, we had a washing up bowl under our outside tap that contained water, of course its gone green and although its emptied, inevitably it fills up and Tara has been drinking from it, anyway, its been moved now, so hoping this clears up the D&V.

SO here are some recent (tonight) photos of my not so little anymore girl and Jack.

I can see how HUGE she is getting, she is taller than Jack now

What's that I see in the distance?

Yep, that IS Tara!

POUNCE on Jack

Can't believe how quickly she is growing up, after all the trials and tribulations of the past few weeks though its great to see her enjoying life
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Can't wait to see her on Sunday...

Poor Selkie still on bed rest, but Pharaoh's toes seem to be fine so Pharaoh and Kismet will be along.. Maybe Tara will be a bit braver and have a go at the Kissy now that she'll be soooo much bigger
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Well an update..

We went to the vets for a check up after everything that has happened, and the vet did a dip test on her urine and there was still a high amount of blood in her urine, this is not the news we expected, and we have to go back on Tuesday for further tests. I am so concerned for her as this seems to be never ending and must be uncomfortable for her and the reason we are not dry overnight.

Anyway, after the vet visit, we all went for a nice walk in the sunshine just to cheer us all up.

This one I think is beautiful

To me is shows how well she has put on weight and although she has a mystery illness, it isn't effecting her personality.

Pounce on Maia

Hare or Wolfhound?

Gizza kiss Jack :laugh:

Being sensible and waiting while the others bring the ball back :laugh:
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Well my little BIG girl was 6 months old yesterday, hasn't timeflown

So today for a little treat she came on a homecheck with me and she did it without Jack, she was brilliant and played beautifully and gently with the 7 yr old children while I was interviewing the mum and dad, then we had a walk in the woods followed by a McDonalds Hamburger and then off to the Hopsice to help Jack with his PAT visit.

She had her first dry night since she was a tiny baby and slept most of last night too, so we are hoping she is getting over her UTI.

All in all a lovely halfway birthday x
terryc
New Member!
Male 

08-03-2009, 09:41 AM
I am enjoying this thread so much it's five years since I lost my wolfie .I love my Borzois but IW's are so special when my daughters dog finally goes home I may just be tempted again. Best of luck with Tara and keep posting .Cheers Terry.
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by terryc View Post
I am enjoying this thread so much it's five years since I lost my wolfie .I love my Borzois but IW's are so special when my daughters dog finally goes home I may just be tempted again. Best of luck with Tara and keep posting .Cheers Terry.
I had never had one before Tara and I definately would recommend the breed to anyone who wants a soft, gentle giant

Thanks for the lovely comment
chaosjoey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Tara is still looking gorgeous!!
Page 13 of 25 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 > Last »