Our sister sites
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 09:49 PM
[QUOTE=bajaluna;1191251]
Originally Posted by novavizz View Post

why didnt you take it back?...
I have other things to do with my time, like looking after my child and my dogs, than to travel, by train (I was a non-driver at the time) at my expense to make things easier for that person.

If you are going to highlight part of my post at least highlight all of the relevant part.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Hello Malady, not too clear on your my editing posts point.
I never removed anything, just added.
You havent read my posts properly - I have stated I am a rescue person and i am objecting to being misrepresented by statements such as "typical of rescues" when you are replying to posts by one individual called AnneUK.
I have made this clear all along that is why i have found you rude toward me (professionally speaking).
I am defending rescues from sweeping generalisations in the same way the breeders on these kinds of threads take offence to sweeping generalisations about them.

Like AnneUK and the newset posts on here, ive had many occasions when breeders that fitted the bill of reputable wouldnt take dogs back when i called.
But i don't say "typical of breeders".
I dont feel naming and shaming would serve any useful purpose. Speaking to their breed club might be a better idea..
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 09:54 PM
[QUOTE=novavizz;1191252]
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post

I have other things to do with my time, like looking after my child and my dogs, than to travel, by train (I was a non-driver at the time) at my expense to make things easier for that person.

If you are going to highlight part of my post at least highlight all of the relevant part.
I highlighted the part relevant to the question I was asking,you are all quick to diss breeders for only being in it for the money and for not being bothered where the dogs end up,yet you dont want to spend any money on the dog either or take time for it, so he/she will be back where they need to be.how are you guys any different from the breeders you are dissing.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
Hello Malady, not too clear on your my editing posts point.
I never removed anything, just added.
You havent read my posts properly - I have stated I am a rescue person and i am objecting to being misrepresented by statements such as "typical of rescues" when you are replying to posts by one individual called AnneUK.
I have made this clear all along that is why i have found you rude toward me (professionally speaking).
I am defending rescues from sweeping generalisations in the same way the breeders on these kinds of threads take offence to sweeping generalisations about them...
Exactly.

By your own admission, I was not "Rude" to YOU personally.

I made a sweeping statement about rescues in general.

To avoid this whole childish argument you should have addressed me about that issue of making general statements, but you didn't. You made it personal !

You ONLY posted accusing myself and two other members of being argumentative and being Borish !!! which was personal to myself and the members you named, when they had no involvement in my statement, especially not Borderdawn. You should not have made it a personal issue, and if you yourself, take your job so seriously as to think everyone is aiming comments at you personally, then maybe you are in the wrong job.

I make no apologies for this post, I am sick of being lied about by this poster, and am sick of the personal attacks.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Hello Bajaluna.

there is a difference though.
One is a charity that most likely runs at a loss as regards time and money and is doing a community service of helping that which cant help itself, and often bailing people out of there own responsibilities in the process.

The other is a private individual whom has opted to use their funds in a non-charitable business arrangement of dog breeding (i dont mean they make a profit, i know that good breeders dont, i mean in the setup sense), whom enters into an arrangement whereby the rules of good and reputable breeding state you will take on responsibilty of one your dogs for life where needs be.
Thus, that person should always have arrangements in place in expectation.

My rescue always takes dogs back if needs be. Thus, we chose to drive from Kent to Devon to pick up a dog...and the bill.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 10:08 PM
*off topic but may i add*

these personal attacks whether on internet or not are very hurtful

i do not agree with attacking one person in particular - i am not sticking up for either peoplein the agrument as it has naff all to do with me, i am in fact just stating the points

a while ago i was involved in a personal attack against me - not nice - not something i like to see on a forum such as this -

so can we please stop attacking someone personal and get back on topic - ???

sorry but i had to say something
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 10:09 PM
[QUOTE=bajaluna;1191260]
Originally Posted by novavizz View Post

I highlighted the part relevant to the question I was asking,you are all quick to diss breeders for only being in it for the money and for not being bothered where the dogs end up,yet you dont want to spend any money on the dog either or take time for it, so he/she will be back where they need to be.how are you guys any different from the breeders you are dissing.
Money was spent on that dog, the owner (who works in rescue) is still paying out money for the dog who has always had skin allergies which were and are so bad that we couldn't find a home for her, time has been taken on that dog as time is taken on every dog that is handed in to us. As for "all quick to diss breeders", I am speaking from my own experiences, the breeders that I have had experiences with.

Rescue workers in general do so voluntarily and pay out enough of their own money and give their time freely. Time is something you could never claim back. That breeder was a driver, she could have come for the dog but didn't have the time! She also said that she would keep in touch with us, we never heard from her again.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 10:14 PM
[quote=novavizz;1191252]
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post

Had me been you I would have told them you come pick it up,or we will bill you.maybe then breeders will take them back and i think that as was said before some people that have bred litters dont class themselves as breeders.
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 10:15 PM

My rescue always takes dogs back if needs be. Thus, we chose to drive from Kent to Devon to pick up a dog...and the bill.
Ours too Krusewalker, if we have homed a dog we will always take it back and travel to get it.
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 10:22 PM
Hello Bajaluna.

there is a difference though.
One is a charity that most likely runs at a loss as regards time and money and is doing a community service of helping that which cant help itself, and often bailing people out of there own responsibilities in the process.

The other is a private individual whom has opted to use their funds in a non-charitable business arrangement of dog breeding (i dont mean they make a profit, i know that good breeders dont, i mean in the setup sense), whom enters into an arrangement whereby the rules of good and reputable breeding state you will take on responsibilty of one your dogs for life where needs be.
Thus, that person should always have arrangements in
place in expectation.

Hi Krusewalker you obviously work for a good rescue,and do what is best for the dogs,that was my question to the other person in the thread,there was no reason stated why the breeder couldnt pick the dog up,so to me if a person really wanted to help the dog they would take it to the breeder,rather than have it sitting in the rescue kennels.
I would have the dog to the breeder no matter how inconvenient it was for me,rather than look at it like, why should I help that person,my mindset would have been in favor of helping the dog, which I would think is why one goes into rescue in the first place.
I do understand the difference between a breeder and a rescue and as I dont breed but seem to end up with alot of recues(not on purpose)I favor the rescue side, but common sense and ethics apply to both sides and there is I am sure some bad rescues as well as breeders.
on that note, making a list of so called bad breeders is not a good idea unless of course we put a list of bad rescues next to it
Page 13 of 25 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 > Last »