Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-02-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by Runstock
I have said over and over again that Staffysmum is probably very devoted to her dogs. I do not doubt that. But my point is anyone out there breeding Staffords or any other breed, for profit, or for totally selfish reasons is the problem!!!
Her only possible motives for breeding litters can only be the money or the impossibly selfish reason...her hobby wouldnt we all love to have litters of puppies running around, it is great fun and I for one would love to do it... but I am Stafford owner (three bitches) who puts the breed before my next holiday, new patio, new car or indefensible selfishness
Runstock, forgive me but try as I might I just can't see where you are coming from at all, are you saying no one should breed Staffs at all? Isn't wanting to breed the best or own a pet a selfish reason? Isn't showing a hobby? the opposite of selfish is altruistic is there an altruistic reason to breed dogs at all.?.You have totally lost me
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2005, 12:16 AM
Sorry to butt in, just a quick question . Is it possible to have health tests done on dogs that haven't been K.C registered?
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2005, 12:59 AM
Is it possible to have health tests done on dogs that haven't been K.C registered?
There would be no traceability to their line if they werent registered???????

I cant believe people are against health checks

maybe if people put as much effort into healthchecking their stock as they do into moaning against it then it would be better for the litters they breed
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2005, 01:13 AM
forgot to add that at the top of this website it does actually say its promoting pedigree dogs
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2005, 01:35 AM
Originally Posted by Lel
Is it possible to have health tests done on dogs that haven't been K.C registered?
There would be no traceability to their line if they werent registered???????

I cant believe people are against health checks

maybe if people put as much effort into healthchecking their stock as they do into moaning against it then it would be better for the litters they breed
Woah! Hold on, I never said I was against health checks. Please don't put words in my mouth. My feelings are quite the opposite ,actually, and I would never dream of buying a pedigree dog that had not had the correct health checks. My thinking is would it be so bad to buy a dog that wasn't kc registered but had all the health checks necessary for the breed if you weren't going to show or breed the dog?
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2005, 01:39 AM
Woah! Hold on, I never said I was against health checks. Please don't put words in my mouth. My feelings are quite the opposite ,actually, and I would never dream of buying a pedigree dog that had not had the correct health checks. My thinking is would it be so bad to buy a dog that wasn't kc registered but had all the health checks necessary for the breed if you weren't going to show or breed the dog?
I know you never

the importance of registration is for the traceability purposes
you cannot trace without registration and health checks

The post wasnt aimed at you- it was aimed at the *couldnt care lesses *
stafford
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2005, 01:40 AM
lel , just because a dog isn't kc reg doesn't mean it's not pedigree.
i'm staying out of this debate as of now
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2005, 01:42 AM
just because a dog isn't kc reg doesn't mean it's not pedigree

how do you trace it though without a KC number????
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2005, 01:43 AM
[/quote]the importance of registration is for the traceability purposes
you cannot trace without registration and health checks?[/quote]

Sorry if I'm being thick, but why would traceability be important if you just want a pet dog? Surely if the dog is healthy that's all that counts. Can you not get health certs for unregistered dogs? Not being picky, truly am thick when it comes to breeding dogs!!
stafford
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2005, 01:46 AM
lel , i have an irish reg irish staffy she isn't kc but is pedigree(in my eyes she is).
i mean it this time, as of now i no longer wish to partake in this debate
Closed Thread
Page 13 of 24 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 > Last »