View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mariasmutt
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-04-2010, 11:16 PM
well when my house gets hetic or im feeling stressed, i always feel much so better after a nice long walk just me and the dog in the woods. whatever time of the year it is its always makes me feel glad to be alive.
Ladyjack
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Jack and Lady both JRT's help ease my broken heart when I lost my beloved Shiba's.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2010, 07:17 PM
My dogs make me smile every single day with there little ways.
I share a hobby with them that we both enjoy.
Im constantly learning about the breed and have never been as passionate about anything else before like i am about the well being of my choosen breed.
I have meet new friends, from the hobby i share with my dogs.
There a great excuse to get out the house for abit to get some nice peace and quiet.

But most of all they have all shown me love like nothing ever before, its true and lasts a life time..There isnt anything i would not do for one of my babies.
EmmaJane
New Member!
Female 

23-05-2010, 09:53 PM
I have only had my pup a few weeks and I feel so much healthier after all these walks she is getting and I have met so many new people whilst walking her who I would usually just walk past, its lovely
littlefoot
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2010, 10:15 PM
When I was younger my friends were into boy bands and what I thought to be silly things. All I wanted to do was spend time with my dogs.

MY dogs mean the world to me and they make me a better person. If I'm angry they'll always walk with me and make me feel better. If I'm ill, they give the best get well kisses and are always happy to keep me warm. They are my rocks always there faithfully by my side. I have made friends, introduced me to most of the people in my neighbourhood. Also got me into agility and I made more friends there too.

Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my live whole.
Solomon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-05-2010, 07:14 PM
When I am having one of those days at work I imagine my dogs little face and it cheers me up. Also when you arrive home from work when every situation you have to deal with at work upsets someone it is so refreshing that my little dog is all happy to see me and always loves me. We then go for a walk and that helps to clear my mind and nothing seems quite so bad after all.
lesleyo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-05-2010, 08:29 PM
oh wow, my dog has given me a life.
i have met new friends walking my dog, so i now have a social life. i am more relaxed and happy in myself, everyone tells me i have "gone soft" lol. then to top all that i started my own dog related business.

dont know about dog rescue, should be name human rescue
CarolineM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Since my diagnosis with Myalgic Encephalopathy I have found it incredibly difficult to get out of bed, and to have the motivation to do things that some people may take for granted. I would often think about things that I wanted to do and became incredibly depressed at never getting better.

October 2009 was the turning point, I heard about my friend's dog almost in the same situation, in the house most of the day and not being out very much at all due to my friend's committments after a split with his girlfriend. My friend wanted to find a new home for his dog, Jazz. I asked Dave to send me a picture of his dog (even though I knew Mum would kill me if I brought any more animals into the menagerie!!!) And there it was, love at first sight, I had to have him! This golden yellow bundle with a silly face, and for people who have met Jazz, the notorious "Jackie Chan" smile he does with his big brown eyes squinting and big tongue flopping out of his mouth! I was going to have him.

It took several nights to explain to Mum that Jazz would be perfect for us, and being the best Mum that she is she said YES! The only downside for me was a 5 hour journey to Newcastle to pick him up and bring him home via public transport as I am unable to drive due to my illness and my Mum works full time, this was my greatest challenge. With M.E. it is not as easy to just get on a train for 5 hours and take the 5 hour return, it took a lot of energy and a lot of courage, but what got me through was knowing he'd be there waiting for me at the end of the line.

When I first met Jazz he seemed to know I was fond of doggy kisses and he planted a big one on my nose! We were inseperable from day one, he wasn't used to having somebody around him all of the time as he was usually left alone in front of the television, and it was the same story for me! Mum worked all day and I would be alone in bed unable to work, unable to get motivated to leave the house, I would spend most of my days asleep. I can remember crying when Jazz and I boarded the train to leave my friend, but I knew that for all 3 of us, it was a momentous occasion that will never be forgotten.

I did it, I brought him home and although both of us were exhausted to the point we nearly fell asleep on the train and missed our stop! We did it. Jazz now sleeps next to me every night, when I can't get out of bed he is there to hold and he gives me a doggy kiss every night and every morning. He goes everywhere with me. Knowing he is there to be entertained is what I live for, I spend my money on buying him all sorts of toys and treats to thank him for what he's done for me. Waking up to him and knowing I've done my best for him is everything to me, and the best thing about it is, I know he feels the same. He knows that he has helped me through some of the hardest days of my life, and he even manages to drag me out of the house for walkies!!

Jazz is special to me because in my eyes he saved my life, and I think he would agree we are the best of friends and that will never ever change.

LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-08-2010, 02:46 PM
It's made me much less lazy. I'm happy to get up early to walk them, they give me a purpose for my day. I've never been a career girl so it's my life outside of work the define's whether or not I'm happy and boy does being a doggy owner make me happy!
I love how warm and fuzzy I feel when they cuddle me or come to me for something.
LesaC
New Member!
Female 

18-04-2011, 09:07 AM
Like so many others here I'm more energetic. I love outdoors and I'm outside as I love my gardening and I have my rabbits and guinea pigs in sheds and chicken coops outside to care for. But having Mac means I'm out walking as well which I always meant to do before but never got round to.

The biggest change in our lives is what he has done for my daughter. She is almost 5 and for a few years now has been terrified of dogs. I've always felt it was very important for the children to have pets in the household and have them well accustomed to animals and was breaking my heart to see this fear developing in her. She had started to come round a little with friends and family members dogs and so we decided to take her along to a local pound and have a look at the dogs as hubby and I had decided we had enough time and space to finally bring a long wanted dog into the family.

My daughter adores Mac. He is calmer with her than with anyone else in the house and she often sits cuddled up with him. She no longer gets in a panic every time we meet a dog out somewhere and can even cope when we meet other dogs off lead.
Page 13 of 14 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 >