View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 04:34 PM
I was always under the impression that cancer was the most common cause of death in dogs?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Then you will know how much she does for dogs quietly and without a fuss.
That would only be relevant if she produced a balanced and informative programme. I admire her for any charitable dog work she does, but that doesn't alter the fact that the first programme was more her own personal soap box than any attempt at a 'full' representation of what is happening in the pedigree dog world.

If she does as much and as varied work as you imply, we can only hope that it is reflected in the next programme.

To be honest, as a film maker, it doesn't matter a jot whether she works tirelessly for dogs or not. It does make her more endearing as a person, of course, but as a film maker - no! Only the end product of what is screened can be a testament to that.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
No you do need to back up sweeping statements.
???? ???? ????
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
I was always under the impression that cancer was the most common cause of death in dogs?
In the 50 + years I have had dogs I have lost 1 to cancer-he didn't die from it he was PTS, had he been allowed to come around after the operation that discovered the cancer & left untreated eventually all his organs would have shut down & his heart would have failed killing him.

If a living being's heart fails they died it is as simple as that. Euthanasia is not a condition that kills animals it is the way that many die, but not all
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Good points, its on BBC4, so not prime time tv or channel

Bit of a come down for her, from BB1 at prime time.
LOL. I'd wait for the veiwing figures to come out if I were you.

There is more to programme scheduling than putting what may or may not be popular on BBC1!

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 04:56 PM
I think you need to rethink the statement that 'euthanasia is not a condition that kills animals, its the way they die'

ROFLMAO!

rune
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
In the 50 + years I have had dogs I have lost 1 to cancer-he didn't die from it he was PTS, had he been allowed to come around after the operation that discovered the cancer & left untreated eventually all his organs would have shut down & his heart would have failed killing him.

If a living being's heart fails they died it is as simple as that. Euthanasia is not a condition that kills animals it is the way that many die, but not all
We are talking about the dog population as a whole, not one person's experiences. Equally my gran smoked for 80 years and never got lung cancer, doesn't mean smoking doesn't cause lung cancer.

If cancer ate away at the body, until the organs failed, the cause of death would be cancer, not heart failure. This is from years of experience in both human and veterinary pathology
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 05:08 PM
I think this argument could go on forever .

Heart failure is always a feature of death as when anything dies, the heart fails to beat.

There are, of course, other conditions that cause the heart to fail, but, nevertheless the heart stopping beating is always featured.

Similarly, euthanasia is a cause of death (and, therefore, heart failure), but there are, of course, other conditions that lead us to take this course of action.

We are basically arguing semantics

It's no more than a point scoring exercise as, I believe, we all can see what the other is trying to say.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
I think this argument could go on forever .

Heart failure is always a feature of death as when anything dies, the heart fails to beat.

There are, of course, other conditions that cause the heart to fail, but, nevertheless the heart stopping beating is always featured.

Similarly, euthanasia is a cause of death (and, therefore, heart failure), but there are, of course, other conditions that lead us to take this course of action.

We are basically arguing semantics

It's no more than a point scoring exercise as, I believe, we all can see what the other is trying to say.
Yes I agree completely.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
LOL. I'd wait for the veiwing figures to come out if I were you.

There is more to programme scheduling than putting what may or may not be popular on BBC1!

rune
LOL!! yep!!
Closed Thread
Page 13 of 42 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 > Last »