Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
There only is one wound, I.
This is how it is now...

Its not huge, but looks terrible and quite deep.

Aww poor boy, lets see what the vet says, hopefully he wont have to have another GA , maybe the antibiotics will clear it up , it wont really matter if it leaves a slight dent in his side, when the hair grows back you wont see it.

PS, regards the first quote , not sure understand the "only one wound" the pic show many individual stitches around the larger more serious wound!!

)
Mish, there is a fence where it happened, I checked to see if there were any sharp bits that could have caused it. I couldnt see any that looks able to cause that, but it is still an option. Bits of it do stick out a bit... Not sure if they are sharp enough though.
Was Jake off lead, when he pulled the stitch out??
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 08:34 AM
poor jake hope today goes well
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Only just caught up,with this Lauren... poor Jake, I hope he gets better really soon, remember my Jamie had a setback and a further operation and he is really good now...
(((HUGS))) and setter-pointer kisses for you and {{{VIBES}}} for your boy.
Thanks, I hope jake is like your jamie! He is a wee fighter though and takes everything in his stride. Setbacks are a nightmare though, you finally see the end of them healing and then have to go through it all again... Jake was also glad to be off the metacam, think it tastes nasty... Certainly smells it but thats him back on it now

Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Only just seen this, I hope Jake is ok! Thinking of you xxxx
Thanks
dave g
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Sorry to here that, hope all goes well for him...
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Aww poor boy, lets see what the vet says, hopefully he wont have to have another GA , maybe the antibiotics will clear it up , it wont really matter if it leaves a slight dent in his side, when the hair grows back you wont see it.

PS, regards the first quote , not sure understand the "only one wound" the pic show many individual stitches around the larger more serious wound!!

Was Jake off lead, when he pulled the stitch out??
Thanks. I think they must be giving him GA. I have to call them back at half 1 and he had to nil by mouth. My uncle thought they wouldve just sedated him though.

The stitches around the wound, are the stitches holding the skin to his side. So there is just that one wound, but many stitches. It isnt cut where those stitches are though. Not sure if that explains it better...

When the stitch came out he was in the house, but he has been wearing his buster collar so not sure what happened. He keeps shaking, think from it being itchy, and so maybe the skin stretched and pulled it out. He hasnt been allowed offlead yet.

Originally Posted by emma47 View Post
poor jake hope today goes well
Thanks
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by dave g View Post
Sorry to here that, hope all goes well for him...
Thank you
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Poor Jake,So sorry to hear this.Hope he makes a good recovery,Thinking of you xx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by tink View Post
Poor Jake,So sorry to hear this.Hope he makes a good recovery,Thinking of you xx
Thanks, im just anxiously waiting for half 1 so I can call. Going to go shopping with my mum to help pass the time.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 09:29 AM
just caught this thread, poor jake give him a big hug from me x
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Mish, there is a fence where it happened, I checked to see if there were any sharp bits that could have caused it. I couldnt see any that looks able to cause that, but it is still an option. Bits of it do stick out a bit... Not sure if they are sharp enough though.
Sorry, misunderstood, i thought you meant, the stitch may have been pulled out on a walk, if he went under a fence, not the original injury,

Sure he will be fine,
Page 13 of 18 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »