Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

24-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
But will these be moderated?
I mean - say someone is on there like AP, promoting his business, or someone recommending cruel methods, or advertising them?
We would need to know that people weren`t using Dogsey as a platform.
It's in addition to the current rules - which already cover accounts like APs/advertising etc

As they will be moved to the forums - they will be moderated in accordance with forum rules, ie not getting personal, etc.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Sounds fair to me.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Sounds good to me.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 03:39 PM
I would support a ban on the discussion of e-collars. This is a site for dog lovers. Not trainers or professionals (although we do happily have many on board).
For a dog lover to read people promoting, or even discussing, cruel methods is upsetting. It isn`t a scientific debate - it`s an emotional affront. It will provoke strong words - and this is not a failure, but a consequence.
Imagine a forum for women where a member stated that domestic violence was acceptable? Or a parents forum where someone said that child labour was a good thing?
My problem with the whole debate is that it isn`t like discussing if treats are bribes etc etc. It is about hurting dogs. So I think that until the discussion is banned (as it is in other places btw) this problem will continue to surface.

Well said Claire, I agree with all you say, especially the bits I've bolded! I don't think it has to be about free speech, etc; I think it's as you say, some things just are not acceptable on a dog lovers' forum.

Wys
x
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-03-2011, 03:53 PM
I think that is a good solution
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
I took Claire's post to mean that "This is a site for dog lovers. Not just trainers or professionals (although we do happily have many on board). ~ my italics. So there are other ways to interpret it I didn't think that it meant trainers/professionals are not welcome because of the words "happily we have many on board". I took it to mean that the people on Dogsey should be dog lovers, whether they are trainers, professionals or the man in the pub with a dog.

But this is a bit off topic & not really relevant to the future of the blog section. Let's not get pedantic on the possible interpretations of posts & stick to the point in hand.
thats a fair explanation wilbar

thank you

it didnt come across that way to me
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Let me clarify my post.
Dogsey is a site for dog lovers.
It is not a training site, or an activity site or a breeders site. All you need is a love of dogs.
Unbunch your panties and don`t assume you`re being got at?
wan you tell me where i said i was being got at.

as i said, "i" didnt understand your post.

i thought i did now, especially as wilbar has given a good explanation.

but now im unclear again due to your post above, as I still dont get how/why your first sentence isnt exactly the same as your second sentence though?

im not the only one whom has said arent all these areas just people that are the same thing....ALL dog lovers, owners that are trainers, trainers that are owners, etc, etc???

im not even too sure the relevance/purpose of your assessment of dogsey, as im not too sure anyone has ever specified/considered dogsey to be "an activity/trainers/breeders" site?

its clearly set up to be a site for anyne involved with dogs regardless, hence why their are sections catering for all the above and more.
all under the same umbrella of "dogsey: a site for dog lovers", the "about us" section goes on to say it also an information resource, which would surely imply dog trainers etc?

just genuine enquiries as to what your posts are about, dont assume its personal
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
wan you tell me where i said i was being got at.

as i said, "i" didnt understand your post.

i thought i did now, especially as wilbar has given a good explanation.
fair enough. Let`s just agree that we don`t understand each other.
OK?
Cos really......
I`m not that into having a debate about it.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
It's in addition to the current rules - which already cover accounts like APs/advertising etc

As they will be moved to the forums - they will be moderated in accordance with forum rules, ie not getting personal, etc.
Then - sounds good to me.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-03-2011, 04:18 PM
fair enough. Let`s just agree that we don`t understand each other.
OK?
Cos really......
I`m not that into having a debate about it.
thats cool

shame though

its nice to try and understand each other better though.

as i said, i did later assume that wilbar's interpretation must be the case after all, but then your last post seemed to throw it back in the direction i first thought?
Page 13 of 17 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »