Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Good news - hope things continue to improve
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2008, 04:17 PM
thats great news hun it sounds like you are both settling well, every thing is crossed for sunday hun i am sure given time you will both work it out. good luck xx
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2008, 04:59 PM
im glad that things have settled a little for you and bailey, good luck for sunday keep us updated
artemis
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-09-2008, 08:24 PM
I have wanted to comment on this thread after my initial posts but have chosen not to because I would not want to cause offence. As you have stated your partner has owned dogs before but you have not. Your initial choice of dog were staffy's etc then Greyhounds, then Labradors then it seems anything that came along. Rescue centres do not rehome to certain people because of their circumstances and I think that you have found out why the hard way. I am not saying that you do not love dogs and want only the best for them. But, to expect an adult dog to just settle in and become part of the family is just pure madness. An adult dog will not settle into a strange environment any differently than a puppy. I recently rescued a Greyhound and have spent the last eight weeks settling him into my home. Making sure he feels secure in his new environmment. I can now leave him with the other dogs and know that he is happy and content. Not destructive and secure enough to know I will return. I am amazed that you thought it would be any different. I am not unsympathetic but your experience shows why so many re-homings fail. Not the fault of the dog, but the fault of the people who take them on purely for their own desires and not thinking of the needs of the dog. I do not wish to sound harsh, but, I really feel that you have not thought of the dogs needs and potential problems that will arise when the dog is brought into a strange environment. If you are worried about the damage the dog has caused and the financial implication this has upon you and your partner perhaps you and your partner should have put a little more thought and preparation into owning a dog. Will probably get slated for this post, but, needs to be said
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2008, 08:39 PM
I am glad that you are getting help on Sunday. Well done, Big Hugs to Bailey from the three BC's xxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Some good news from you, Sarah - that's a relief all round, I'd say .
Try and catnap when you can with Bailey and please keep us posted.

We're all behind you honey, and I for one know that you are doing your absolute best for Bailey

*hugs* x0x0x
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Hi Lara !

Having read this whole thread I am delighted you are having some success with Bailey. How did last night/today go?

Lots of luck for tomorrow, let us know how it goes.

Lisa x
claire99991
New Member!
Female 

27-09-2008, 05:24 PM
I have read the whole thread and just want to say well done for being so calm with him and i hope everything works out for you both xxx
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Well done on taking on a rescue GSD and glad she has settled slightly since she came to you.

However, I agree with some of the others that it is very unrealistic of you to think this dog would settle instantly in to your home and be expected to live the way you want her to when she has no idea how to. She has come from a completey different environment to the one she is in now with you and I thnk a lot of time, patience and perseverance has to be put in in order for her to feel safe and secure in your home and is able to call it her own. This could takes weeks or months, but it won't happen overnight or in a few days and leaving her home alone instantly is not a good idea, I don't think, even though she has to be left eventually if she settles with you.

I wish you all the best with Bailey and pleased to hear you have an experienced GSD person coming tomorrow to visit you and Bailey at home to assess the situation and to try and help you make things work with Bailey. The very best of luck. I look forward to hearing how things go tomorrow.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2008, 10:32 AM
I wonder how things are going for Lara today.
Thinking of you Lara and Bailey
Page 13 of 18 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »