Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by nickyboy View Post
im sorry ladies I just dont get it ....

Then I'm very surprised you're holding it together as well as you are! I couldn't live without it! Boom boom!

*Runs and hides*
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by jess View Post
Thank gawd someone does. My dogs don't think that they are being bribed, they don't feel used or blackmailed. I think they think I am a bit crazy, but they love WORKING for food.
I don't feel bribed when I go to someones house, spend time with them and their dog (esp when I get to play with puppies) take money and go home. It's called WORKING, you get a reward for spending your energy and time....

Absolutely. I wouldn't work for nothing, and at the risk of completely anthropomorphising (sp?), I wouldn't expect my dogs to either. I'd best hide again now LMAO.
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Kathy are you sitting eating sweeties? Sounds like you are having too much sugar!
For the record nickyboy I don't get any either. We should start a new thread 'folks that get it'
lol
nickyboy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

07-01-2008, 04:31 PM
its that cheap smutty inuendo that probably attracts you to Mr Brand, in fact now i know your liking of the double-entendre it puts a whole new slant on you telling us you like to go round someones house to play with their puppies and get paid for it.....

yeah i think we need a new thread....
nickyboy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

07-01-2008, 04:33 PM
haha that brought a chuckle
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2008, 04:34 PM
nickyboy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

Originally Posted by KathyM View Post
Then I'm very surprised you're holding it together as well as you are! I couldn't live without it! Boom boom!

*Runs and hides*
i meant this brought a chuckle - another woman with a filfthy mind

makes us blokes feel like pieces of meat
Callum
Dogsey Senior
Male 

Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
Yeah sorry I just read back a bit. But as someone who doesn't religiously watch every show I would have not been able to know that, so some might get the idea he advocates such things or even that he uses them regularly - there was just nothing to say, so some may think that they would be good for them to try with their own dog? There was nothing to say it was the owners pre made choice of collar, no mention of the choice of collar at all. But now I know.
Thats a good point, the presumption would be that he does endorse prong/shock collars and more could be said/done to educate against the use of. Rather than him only using what they have already.

Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Can i just do a quick survey?
just for my own interest?

Please State PRO,MIDDLE,ANTI,
Do you "activily"train your dog? (ie attend classes or set asides time everyday/each week to activily train)
Do you train for Pet only? or Competition?or specific Job? (please state)

Thanks

im just interested in what CM methods would work in favour of
No classes within 2hrs of here at best
Would I go, probably. If they were closer.

I do not show/work/do agility etc as there is nada of that happening either, (except working croft collies) I would do agility tho.

PRO,MIDDLE,ANTI? as far as CM goes? Then PRO.

I have 3 dogs here. Jack (9mnths) the foster SBT is deaf and was untrained when he arrived so I have covered all basic training, sign language basics, and some extra stuff.

Tank (17mnths) SBT is pet trained but I would say to a high level. certainly more than an average pet dog. probably between 15-20 commands currently but she has a long way to go.

Tiny (nearly 7) was bought as to be a working dog @ 7 wks from Seafield rescue centre, trained by me for security uses when I lived and worked in Edinburgh. She is also a pet but has the added training there as well as a good lot of tricks, lol.

Not sure if that answers your Q
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post
Letter from Martin Deeley
“Owners are learning to respect their dogs for what they are – dogs.
That implies that those who use other methods don't...
Owners are learning that by understanding what a dog is and does can help them create a long and lasting loving relationship with their dogs without resorting to bribery and child like rewards.
He uses positive punishment as he uses ecollars, though. I'd rather train dogs using rewards contingent on behaviour (not bribery - why do detractors of a method not take the trouble to understand it...
Being leader of the pack does not imply strong punishment and corrections but an assertive confident approach where the dog recognizes your leadership.”
That could be agreed with, depends exactly what he means...
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by nickyboy View Post
its that cheap smutty inuendo that probably attracts you to Mr Brand, in fact now i know your liking of the double-entendre it puts a whole new slant on you telling us you like to go round someones house to play with their puppies and get paid for it.....

yeah i think we need a new thread....
LOL crikey you've got a dirty mind - I was talking about Marmite!!
Closed Thread
Page 13 of 70 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 63 > Last »