View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2005, 06:03 PM
So if I have a bitch which has been kept in kennels all her life and she reaches the age of 6 and i decide to rehome her to a nice family who want to keep her indoors and give her loads of cuddles and walks, and undivided attention for the rest of her natural life,....................yes i can REALLY see how that is "unfair" on her

my post was based on the fact that u seem to be implying that the nice 'indoor' home with undivided attention was better than u were giving her. and i didnt say i hope ur not keepin ur dogs in kennels, i said outside, theres a big difference.

Anyone who gets rid of their dogs after a certain age cos they can no longer supply them with puppies to pay for their bills are byb imo. i cant believe u are so narrow minded that u cannot see a problem with this!

u still havent answered my question .. why do u only have a dog to breed from?
its unethical to buy a dog to breed over and over til it cant breed anymore then get rid of it. and if ur not breeding loads then why get rid of the dog
CBT
Dogsey Senior

08-02-2005, 06:14 PM
like I said before, if you want to start a slanging match, I think you should take it to another section as this thread is about white boxers.

I dont breed from all of my bitches, I have a bitch here whos never been bred (and never will be as she is not of suitable quality) and I also have a dog who is 8 years old who I would never rehome, but I occaisionally do choose to rehome bitches which have been used for breeding and that is MY choice to do so.

Narrow minded ? ha ha thats the best laugh I have had all day Jenny, thanks for that

the definition of narrow minded would be someone who thinks that their way is the right way and the only way,
since I am quite tolerant of anyones personal choice what they do with their dogs so long as they look after them properly, I hardly think you can accuse me of being narrow-minded

If you want to keep your dogs in the house then thats fine by me, good for you but please dont expect me to be the same as you just because you think I should, thats very childish
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2005, 06:20 PM
wtf i didnt even say u shudnt keep ur dogs in a kennel. i said outside, theres a difference. u need to learn to read my posts and not just reply with any old crap that comes to ur head!

as far as i can see from most of ur posts on dw they have been of one opinion and one opinion only, and u seem to participate in alot of 'heated' discussions wether u like to admit it or not. U keep sayin u dont wanna argue, so why reply then?
its come to my attention that this sort of discussion has been argued with u before with no avail cos u cant see the other side of the story.

i dont see any point in talkin with u anymore on this matter
CBT
Dogsey Senior

08-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Im not sure what you mean by "outside"? Did you think I meant that I just let all my dogs run loose in the street or something ? :smt017 :smt017

As far as I can see, most of your posts on DW are objecting to anyone who doesnt do things the way you think they should, ring any bells?

yes I like a good debate, who doesnt, but I think its good to have the ability to see both sides of the debate to really appreciate it.

I respect your right to keep your dogs how you choose, why is it you cant respect mine?

"i dont see any point in talkin with u anymore on this matter"

I feel the same. Glad you have seen sense, I did suggest this was innappropriate for this thread several post back
:smt039 :smt039
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny
well if u put it that way, then its ok for people to dump their dogs, abuse them or kill them cos its up to the owner wot they do with their dogs!

no more complaining about puppy farmers! its up to them how many dogs they punch out every year! no more complaining about people euthanising puppies without problems or dumping litters of puppies in locked sheds! its up to them wot they do!!

jeez!
Jen read my post luv I said 'brood bitch' I never mentioned, abuse, kill or puppy farmers.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Jenny
I understand where you're coming from...like me you are a 'pet 'owner and cannot(or could not in my case) see any good reason for rehoming a brood bitch.I have however now got to meet people who do rehome ex brood bitches or dogs that don't 'make the grade' and can see that they do love their dogs....maybe in a different way to you or me but love non the less.
I have 2 good freinds who both keep multiple bitches and dogs and breed from well kept health tested animals of ONLY the highest quality.They take back any dogs that are unwanted and give life long help and support to their pups new owners.They vet purchasers carefully and only breed a couple of litters a year.
Now if they kept every brood bitch(who produce a max of 3 litters) and dogs who don't prove good enough to be bred they would be unable to carry on breeding the fantastic dogs they do....champions for themselves and many other exhibitors and foundation stock for new breeders as well as loved pets like mine.
The breeding would then be left to 'joe public' and our breed would take a 'nose dive'.
Their dogs that are rehomed are done so VERY carefully.I have one...she was 'brought in' in order to show and breed and introduce new blood.At 9 months she came to me as she had a SLIGHT mouth fault and her owner would not breed from her in fear of passing on the fault (whereas a less ethical person would have done).She was 'gifted' to my daughter and is always asked about and is not 'gone and forgotten'.
They both also rehome because as CBT says its sometimes better than keeping a dog in a multiple dog household.One of my freinds rehomed a VERY well known dog who won the group at Crufts and was top brood bitch many times over...but at the end of the day once she had had her litters it was felt she deserved the attention from a family home.
Rosievelvet
Dogsey Junior

08-02-2005, 11:01 PM
CBT - purely out of curiosity - is it Boxers or Bull Terriers that you keep? Im only going by the CBT and guessing that the BT stands for bull terriers. Just interested?

Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-02-2005, 01:06 AM
Originally Posted by gingerboy
Shadowboxer ... As you posted a reply so quickly I can only imagine you are the font of all boxer facts, figures and known data on the planet earth otherwise if you had actually bothered to read all the info and look at the presentations properly your post would have come sometime later on.
Umm - had it occurred to you that I might possibly have been already familiar with this site?

As for being "the font of all boxer facts, figures and known data on the planet earth" I hardly think so! We have owned our own Boxers for only 42 years, and if I lived another 60 years I would not presume to know all there is to know.

You might find these sites of interest.

http://www.boxerunderground.com/bu20...ite_boxers.htm

http://www.boxerbuddies.org/Boxer%20...ite_boxers.htm

http://www.lsu.edu/deafness/deaf.htm

http://www.steynmere.com/DALM_DEAFNESS.html

Ubfortunately there is insufficient funding for research into the main killers of our breed, BCM, cancer, etc., so I think it will be a long time before data are available to definitively support or disprove the various claims on the health of white Boxers. Until then the best we can do is to evaluate the scanty research that is available and the anecdotal evidence that is presented.
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-02-2005, 07:02 AM
Hi Jenny

You asked why no1 has sees a problem with this ... well not in those words...

I have a problem with it, I agree completely with you jenny. They should be part of your family etc etc. Otherwise it is the same (to me) as a breeding farm (or whatever it is called). But I dont think it is worth going into it anymore. Some people will never look at animals the way you and I (and most ppl on this site) do, as loving members of our family. It is like giving up your child when it does not fit in with you anymore, or more like sticking your mother in an old age home and forgetting about her.
I think that there is something very wrong with giving your animals up ... kinds reminds me of that storey "how could you".
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2005, 08:48 AM
[quote=

Jenny, if you read the other White Boxer thread, starting at page 5 (I think) you will perhaps understand the reasons why some breeders choose to place their retired brood bitches in pet homes. Nothing unkind, unfeeling, sinister, they just have the welfare of the bitch uppermost in mind. [/quote] I have just reread this and MY GOD did this make me laugh it is only a few weeks ago that A SO CALLED BREEDER phoned to see if I could get a home for his 6 yr old boxer bich as HE WAS FINISHED WITH HER and wanted rid he said it was cheaper to pass her to welfare as he would have to pay to put her to sleep this dog had made him thousands of pounds over the years but what was she a drain on his purse now is this not unkind, unfeeling, this is not a one off situation and in my experiences breeders really do not give a shit about their dogs the older ones are just in their eyes taking up space welfare of the bitch in mind DON,T make me laugh
Page 12 of 14 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 >