View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-02-2007, 03:59 PM
hmm bit of airr and hes off.....slow in starting then seems to speed up.
little and often at the mo just need to get the happy medium with him i guess with the dose but thats trial and error i guess.
i am just pleased hes peeing even though i'm up and down dont think he cares anymore............lol
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Fab news so glad,
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-02-2007, 04:31 PM
got tons of questions for the vet............ but the more i know the better i can help tob which is all im concerned about.
hes snoring now i gotta move him soon.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Ah bless. Pleased that he is feeling better and fingers cross for the vets tonight

Sue
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-02-2007, 08:21 PM
update
hes home.........got to take him back monday night to see the vet.
the condition he has is a rare one called reflex dysnegia.
it is when the nerves/muscles dont work together in the bladder, it can flare up from time to time, he is more than likely going to be on some dose of drugs for the rest of his life.
at the moment she wants him to stablish in his pattern then define his doses etc when things have calmed down a bit.
he has gained alot of weight now 88 kgs so when hes better generally they are going to test his thyroids and test him for cushing to see if he has any other underlining reason or if it is just the 1 condition.
so it just time now and make sure hes passing even if it is little and often.
he may need a change of diet to help his weight to reduce a lower cal diet but if it is underactive thyroids he will be on drugs anyway.
again if he has got cushing its more drugs but at least it is things that can be treated or controlled to give him the best qty of life.
it cost 680.00 upto now and thats with a reduction on everything as i am a gold club member at the vets.
so im hoping hes well on the road to sorting all his problems out.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2007, 08:44 PM
So pleased for you Marie, glad you got him home again to cuddle up to, you must have really missed him so much. Hope there sorting everything out, it will take time I suppose, but you'll get there in the end with him, he's more than worth all this trouble isn't he!! Bless, I'm so very pleased you've got your big boy home. Good luck for when you take him back on Monday night now then. Everything crossed for you. Take care, big hugs for Tobes.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-02-2007, 12:07 PM
http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/in...614.htm&hide=1
some info on toby condition.
its reflex dyssneriga and can affect all breeds but more so the giants, so keep an eye on your dogs please as it can turn into a medical emergency fast due to rupture of the bladder.
its a rare condition and from what i have read on it usually has a neurological disorder as the underlining cause.
please watch your dogs are peeing normally i would hate other dogs going through what he is at the mo and you as owners.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the link leo, it doesn't hurt to be well armed does it for future reference imo.
I already knew it is very dangerous in horses, so I've sort of always kept an eye on both horse and dogs peeing ok. I'm just as obsessed with their pee'ing as I am their poo'ing! I am going to try and find the time to read all that link you gave though.

I hope Tobe's is still ok, and you're spoiling him rotten! More hugs for the big boy
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-02-2007, 04:48 PM
yep not so much today i think hes finally got rid of the build up but hes still going.
yeah but he did something unusual for him today......gave him a jumbobone as i usually do from shopping and the norm has always been they take it and eat................. he didnt he tried to hide it and thats not him.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2007, 05:36 PM
I suspect he couldn't eat it for some reason, so wanted to keep it for himself for later??? When dogs aren't well, somehow they seem to know what they can and can't eat, I've had exactly the same here. I'm sure it's just that because he's not feeling 100% he thought he'd better not indulge nothing more!Pleased he seems to be doing ok, I know you must still be worried a lot though, try not to.
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 9 10 11 12